The First Commandment (105)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anubis
    Sorry Craized, I misjudged you there. I got confused with a fanfic I was reading at the time.
    You're forgiven, my child. But only if you stop misspelling my name... there no "I" in team...er....Crazed.
    sigpic
    Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
      You're forgiven, my child. But only if you stop misspelling my name... there no "I" in team...er....Crazed.

OK, noted. I'll just have to actually remember now!
      __

__

Comment

This was one of the boring episodes of the season, though the writes must have liked it to make another similar to it in season 8.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

Hi! I've got a very specific question. When we see the Natives running after Franks and Conner, some of them wear masks made of "hardened earth" I kow I've seen it worn by a civilization on Earth and I believe it'S the Diolas form Sengal. Can somebody tell me if I'm right or not?

Thanks.

Comment

The story itself it just so-so but the quotes/moments make this episode far better than most episodes in S4-8.

My favorites:
            • The way the Stargate theme swells over the drumbeat at the beginning when the doomed team member tells his partner to get back to the gate. (Notice how they never use the Stargate cue anymore?)
            • "Does it say Colonel anywhere on my uniform?"
            • Daniel's furtive glance at Jack when discussing Jonas' mental instability with Carter.
            • Jack's biblical knowledge (or lack thereof).
            END OF LINE

Comment

So why did the SGC let this guy lead an SG unit I think the SGC will select only the very best and this guy was nuts!!
              Lord Zedd

Comment

Psychologists can be fooled!

Spoilers for S5 Threshold: Teal'c suckered McKensie into thinking he wasn't worshipping Apothis any more
                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
                  So why did the SGC let this guy lead an SG unit I think the SGC will select only the very best and this guy was nuts!!
                  To quote Apocalypse Now, which several aspects of this episode remind me of, "I think the sun put the zap on his head." Sometimes the unstable types slip through the cracks and/or circumstances promote the production of a god-complex (remember Philip Zombardo's prison experiment? or Abu Gharib?).
                  END OF LINE

Comment

There was probably some kind of underlying instability in the guys character, but not enough to show up in psych tests.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
                      Maybe he was schitzofrenic???Perhaps?
                      your friendly neighbourhood

Spiderman

Comment

And so begins Sam's trend of obsessive boyfriends. She really runs through them.

What was good:

a. Sam. In this case, I'm more than slightly biased; I like Sam-centered eps. So forgive me. But I think AT did a good job, and I love the bit where Sam beans Hanson's flunky--Baker, I think. Yay! And the part when Teal'c told Daniel that they wouldn't have been able to stop her if they'd wanted to. Double yay! Oh, and the background story was nicely handy for writing fic.

b. Jamala. He was so funny (and being cute doesn't hurt him much, either! ).

c. The opener. I. Was. Hooked.

What wasn't so good:

a. During the nighttime ambush, where the natives kidnapped Connor, I am sorry but I could swear that some of them were wearing egg crates on their heads. Weird.

b. Why didn't Connor just go through the 'gate after they shot Frakes? He could have made it.

c. I think the 'gate shut down early; Connor didn't go through and it shut down WAY under the 38-minute window.

Still a good episode. Sam-centered generally equals good. (Excepting Emancipation).

Comment

Originally posted by zats
                          c. I think the 'gate shut down early; Connor didn't go through and it shut down WAY under the 38-minute window.
                          I was under the impression that the 'gate shut down automatically after a short time if no matter passed through it or if no one on either end made a conscious effort to keep it open.
                          END OF LINE

Comment

Ah. I hadn't thought of that. Thanks.

Comment

Did this episode remind anyone of Heart of Darkness?
                              A Quick Word from the Far Side of the Galaxy

Comment

Originally posted by JediTrilobite
                                Did this episode remind anyone of Heart of Darkness?
                                A bit, I wouldn't be surprise if it was deliberate on the part of the writers/director.

Comment

Working...
                                X