The Broca Divide (104)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
    They have infrared later on in the series. It's more than likely that at the start the MALPs were a bit limited just simply because they needed them in a hurry and they were all constructed by the lowest bidder. After all, every time you send a MALP out there's a chance you won't get it back since you have to send a team back to retrieve it. If the MALP data reveals the planet not to be safe then it's gone. It's a lot of money to potentially waste.
    I did wonder, how many they had.. Just like how many did atlantis get.. We saw at least 5 lost..

Comment

Originally posted by hammerbutt View Post
      Seemed like a pretty weak plot point having the MALP not equipped with night vision cameras
      You'd think they would have thought about that, don't you.
      Bit of an oversight, but...

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
      They have infrared later on in the series. It's more than likely that at the start the MALPs were a bit limited just simply because they needed them in a hurry and they were all constructed by the lowest bidder. After all, every time you send a MALP out there's a chance you won't get it back since you have to send a team back to retrieve it. If the MALP data reveals the planet not to be safe then it's gone. It's a lot of money to potentially waste.
      P-90_177 does have a good point.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      I did wonder, how many they had.. Just like how many did atlantis get.. We saw at least 5 lost..
      The marvels of a 3D-printer made sure they always had extra parts to build more.

Probably....

DOCTOR JANET FRAISER -- hello there!!

Probably one of the reasons I really enjoy this episodes because it's the first time we see Fraiser in the picture.

Mr. Teal'c --

The episode in on itself provides the team with plenty action, backsides and frontsides getting protected and attacked, a challenge they have to overcome, a cool culture, a Broca Divide to solve (even if it's induced by a disease), learning about allergies and how stone age people behaved anthropologically speaking. Some strong acting from our actors, and some really nice imagery -- though not counting the CG of the city or when they are walking up the stairs. The set designers did an AMAZING job with the interior design. I truly love all the details they put in.

I've visited the Menoan remains on Crete and boy they were colorful.

I really liked the concept of the episode. What happens when we encounter something off-world and bring it back through the gate? It certainly is a learning process for them.

How would you rate SG-1's "The Broca Divide?"

Excellent
      Good
      Fair
      Poor
      Terrible
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

This is one of the rare times I agree with FH. Its one of the first of many times we stupidly bring a disease back to earth. In al reality it would probably happen every time we go to the planet and vice versa. I have always loved the double meaning of the word Lucy. The issue about the MALP is a valid issue but like many things I find the Stargate writers had a learning curve and its why the show got better with time I also agree with FH about Doctor Frasier. She is only a recurring character but this episode is for her to shine as a compotent doctor. If their is anything to complain its the eyeroll at Carter's rape comment.

This wasn't my best quiz as it was somewhat difficult to recall Enemy Within and Emmancpation. I have always terrible with planet designations. Although I'm not counting the last question

How do the people on the planet refer to themselves?
        They call themselves the Hilk'sha.
        The people of the Land of the Light and of the Dark
        They just refer to themselves as the people of Light and Dark
        They are the Untouched and the Touched.
        No correct answers
        3 minutes and 36 seconds on the puzzle aretood
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Lunaeclipse View Post
          I was always under the impression that she was looking specifically for Jack.
          Wouldn't hammond have been the alpha male though, since he was the base leader?

Comment

You're applying artificial social structures to primitive desires. They won't match
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              This wasn't my best quiz as it was somewhat difficult to recall Enemy Within and Emmancpation. I have always terrible with planet designations. Although I'm not counting the last question
              It was quite hard to come up with some good questions, and I fixed the last question.

I apologize for missing that mistake.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              Wouldn't hammond have been the alpha male though, since he was the base leader?
              Well... no... because -- and no offence to Don Davis -- he wasn't what one would call a very fit individual so he would not appear strong enough to give strong offspring who will survive.

Comment

Is this the episode that set off the shippers?
                By Nolamom
                sigpic

Comment

Maybe but who cares. My golden law is that shippers are nuts
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                    Is this the episode that set off the shippers?
                    What shippers?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      What shippers?
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

Wait... you mean, the girl on every planet comment?

Comment

Its PHtood.

*flees to Argentina*
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            Wait... you mean, the girl on every planet comment?
                            Sam/Jack....what are you? New?
                            By Nolamom
                            sigpic

Comment

Sam/Jack....what are you? New?
                              Hu?

Because she chose the strongest male in the tribe... ...if this is where that starts, then I really don't want to know what was going through their minds.

Then I guess the engagement in The First Commandment does make sense.

Comment

5:02
                                http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Working...
                                X