The Broca Divide (104)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
    The eyebrows, good memories Haha... I thought it was kind of when we saw the tribal men rape (or about to) the girl, and the 'light' side rescued her. I wasn't too keen on the 'isolation' room, it was just a few feet away upstairs, haha...
    So you think the isolation room should be what, isolated? And what was the deal with the light and dark side, perpetually day and night?
    Shouldn't the planet be spinning? You gotta love script writers, they make you believe anything is possible.

Comment

The science isn't quite as dodgy as it seems. Some planets spin at the same rate as they rotate. They keep the same face to the sun, just as our moon always keeps the same face to the Earth. Other planets have rings that cast shadows.

Madeleine

Comment

The eyebrows were gigantic. Espically Hammond's
        __

__

Comment

Some nice make-up on this ep. And the Sam/Jack conversation at the end was pretty funny.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Iskandra
            After this episode, I was, for the first time in my life, happy to have hayfever (I also have to take antihistamines...I would have been immune to the virus...yay! )
            LOL !! Me too ,Iskandra ...I knew there had to be something I could be grateful for,despite my Summer miseries !!
            I'm going to hold that thought......
            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
              The science isn't quite as dodgy as it seems. Some planets spin at the same rate as they rotate. They keep the same face to the sun, just as our moon always keeps the same face to the Earth. Other planets have rings that cast shadows.
              How believable the science is depends on how much you know about that science. When I was in 5th Grade I was absolutely obsessed with (planetary) astronomy, and so this episode came off rather silly to me on scientific level.
              • When planet spin at the same rate as they rotate, the sun would heat one side up to several hundred degrees, and the dark side would be several hundred degrees below zero. No higher life forms possible.
              • There would have to be *many* big chunks (moon size) in the rings to obscure the sun for a longer time. Also, rings imply that the planet got an immense gravity (because if not, several moons would have developed). Both appears not to be true for this planet.
              • This planet has an atmosphere, which disperses light, so there would never be something like *snapswithfingers* it's bright when the sun rises.

Spoiler S6 Paradise Lost
              But the science is necessarily not important to my enjoyment of an episode. Paradise Lost was also rather silly with the "Oh, they're on the moon", but still it's one of my favorites from S6.
              Last edited by sgeureka; 02 July 2004, 04:47 AM.
              No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
              (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

What was so silly about 'being on the moon' ?
                Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

this was a good episode for Dr. Fraiser... did she take antihistamines too?

Comment

if this happened in s7... we would call and alien ally or something... I like that we fixed something ourselves for once.

Comment

i loved the animal lust that carter jumped on oneill i was like its about damn time, i know that carter enjoyed that, it wasnt the chemicals it was all natural shes knows it she just used it as a cover story to get what she wanted and what we wanted to seem

Comment

Are you just going to go through all of the past episodes and post on all of them, just as Selmack did?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                        [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                          Are you just going to go through all of the past episodes and post on all of them, just as Selmack did?
                          no i just recently purchased all of the seasons and hav efinally finished watching them and now i am goign threw and seeing if i can add my 0.02 cents to it, the ones in season 1 that i have posted on are truly some of my favorites...notice that i do not post on some because i dotn liek them...i post because i have something to say not because it is there

Comment

You went out and bought all of the season on the same night!?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

although that does give me some insight as to how some peoples posts are so high. . .that kinda thing should be moderated so its not just babbling

Comment

Yea I guess so. But whatever floats ya boat.

Comment

Working...
                                X