No announcement yet.

The Broca Divide (104)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love this episode. I have always wondered where the name came from though. I ran across an article this morning about Paul Broca, a French doctor who discovered a damaged section of a patients brain that kept him from speaking. He could understand, but he couldn't talk. I'm assuming this is where the name of the episode came from. Anyone know?

http://mindhacks.com/2013/01/19/owne...ea-identified/
    FF Name ~ Shoe Queen

Read my 2014 Sam and Jack Multimedia Awards nominated fics!

Galatea
    I Saw Three Ships
    What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?
    Staying Behind
    Always Find You
    Paper Flowers
    The Things We Want
    Have Yourself a Shippy Little Christmas

Comment

Yes, that's where it came from.

Seaboe
      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Jack'sMajorGirl View Post
        I love this episode. I have always wondered where the name came from though. I ran across an article this morning about Paul Broca, a French doctor who discovered a damaged section of a patients brain that kept him from speaking. He could understand, but he couldn't talk. I'm assuming this is where the name of the episode came from. Anyone know?

They actually mention Paul Broca and his research in the episode

CARTER: The Broca Divide. Pierre Paul Broca was a 19th century anthropologist. He founded modern craniometry to study craniums and brains and to compare the divide in intelligence between early species of mankind.
        sigpic
        Thank you to Ikorni for the sig

Jolinar's LJ - Currently reviewing all SG1 eps as part of the Shipper Rewatch, feel free to add me

Comment

I love this episode cause it's the first time we see Janet and I totally love her.

But beyond that this one's definitely one of my favorites. I mean, they go out there and something's bound to bite them in the butt, and this episode shows for the second time in just three episode (counting COTG as one) that stuff can go wrong real fast.

The whole base under lockdown, and characters reverting back to a primal stage. We're doomed!

I'm kind of disappointed they didn't bring more ancient civilizations into the stories, but the Minoan touch was nice nonetheless. I really liked the set.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

This was a fun episode to watch. We get Janet, we get Sam jumping Jack in the showers, a really cool ancient civilization... Can't get much better than that!
            sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
            https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

My phone wont do what i want, so i couldnt read the entire thread and see whether this has been said before.

But i found a goof in this episode. Either when they first come to the land of light or when Daniel lies in the isolation the camera swoops in from the isolation area by the bulls, you can see the camera in the shadows on the right side while it's hovering in towards the cast.

Also, first post. Hi!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                This was a fun episode to watch. We get Janet, we get Sam jumping Jack in the showers, a really cool ancient civilization... Can't get much better than that!
                at least you are easy to please
                sigpic

Comment

It's Janet's first episode - what more could you want?
                  sigpic

Comment

I really love this episode even through it remind me of my college exam from Aegean Archaeology (the worst exam in my whole study). The Minoan room was so pretty and quite close to actual Minoan style. The story was interesting, the way as they found the cure simple and logical. I love how Teal’c after losing Daniel just went with the mission. Jack was great in this episode. And, ya, I’m a shipper, so of course I like it.

Comment

I don't see a problem with this episode. As I see it you can find plot holes in everything that you watch that is not whole fact. That's why for a lot of things Especially in Sci-Fi you have to let the story play. Gloss over some of the stretches and jump over some of the holes and you will have a greater viewing experience in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Math Gray View Post
                        I don't see a problem with this episode. As I see it you can find plot holes in everything that you watch that is not whole fact. That's why for a lot of things Especially in Sci-Fi you have to let the story play. Gloss over some of the stretches and jump over some of the holes and you will have a greater viewing experience in my opinion.
                        But sometimes, holes are just too big to ignore (generally speaking).

Comment

And some holes are imaginary
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Jack'sMajorGirl View Post

I thought there was a part of the episode where Janet (or maybe Sam) explained who Paul Broca was.

Comment

There was...it was Sam or Daniel. I think it was in the briefing and I don't think Janet was in that scene.
                              sigpic

Comment

Daniel explained who Paul Broca was.

Comment

Working...
                                X