No announcement yet.

The Broca Divide (104)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, Froot Loops do contain vitamin C (25% of daily value), a natural anti-histamine. So maybe that allowed him a bit more clarity, allowing Janet to think he was able to give consent?
    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

But Jack did not resist the virus, he was infected as much as anyone else, just he managed to remain relatively sane for a while
      sigpic

Comment

So Emancipation and The Broca Divide were, I thought, my least favorite episodes.....but after further review the parts I disliked were much briefer than I had thought and, really, there's a lot of good stuff going on.

Right at the top for Broca Divide was Teal'c knocking out the guards to get the blood sample. No negotiation or appeals to mercy like Picard and his crew....Teal'c had a mission and by god he got it done

I liked Daniel and Teal'c's discussion, favorite part of the entire episode:

TEAL'C: It appears she is afflicted.

DANIEL: (puts his glasses on) So they just - dump her out here?

He leans over to check her pulse.

TEAL'C: We dump them in a small room.

DANIEL: To protect them.

TEAL'C: To protect everyone else. There is little difference

Loved this episode because it was really a chance for Teal'c to shine.
        sigpic

Comment

So...back in '99 it was another Sunday afternoon which meant...more SG1.

And it later became another ep on the magazine DVD.

So...

1. First appearance of SG3, was cool to see another SG team, wasn't really aware of Air Force-Marines rivalry beforehand but still was fun.

2. Untouched were idiots but they were a grade up from the Emancipation Mongols.

3. This ep seemed to be very fast paced at times.

4. Jack sorting himself out was earlier than I remembered.

5. First impression of Dr Frasier(did we even know her name at this point?) was..."new medical officer - cool"

It was another good way to burn an hour.
          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

This episode, like many of the early season 1 episodes was not that great, though still quite watchable.

But on the bright side, we finally got to see Dr Fraiser, so nobody can really complain that much.. right?

Comment

Originally posted by shannon64 View Post
              This episode, like many of the early season 1 episodes was not that great, though still quite watchable.

But on the bright side, we finally got to see Dr Fraiser, so nobody can really complain that much.. right?

This is true, another reason to love this episode

Something else that struck me about Teal'c, he is who he is.

Bear with me....

Looking at what we've grown up with in Sci-Fi (ok, Star Trek) we've seen the alien character strive to become more human, to change what they are to better fit in with humanity. Just two examples, Data and Odo. Instead of embracing what they were they, instead, spent an inordinate amount of time trying to fit themselves into the mold of a human being.

Not so with Teal'c. Throughout the franchise he's had that stability, that consistency. He is a Jaffa. He has embraced this world and it's citizenry, he willingly defends this world with his life, he has made fast friends with the members of SG1 and SGC but never once do we see Teal'c try and change himself to conform better with his comrades.

He is our ally but he's always been gently amused by our ways. It's just refreshing to see, in a science fiction story, a character who is so comfortable with himself, his 'alien-ness' I guess even though he's surrounded by humans.
              sigpic

Comment

Just on why Jack 'resisted' the virus more than the others - I don't think he did exactly. Didn't Janet say she had had to give him twice as much sedative as the rest because he was more violent? It was the amount of sedative in his system that was reducing the effects of the virus.

Originally posted by Jae'a View Post
                Anyway, I bet this is a favourite of you Jack/Sam shippers, huh?
                Ooh, this barely counts ...season 4, that's when we get excited

Comment

Anyway, I bet this is a favourite of you Jack/Sam shippers, huh?
                  Originally posted by shelsfc View Post
                  Ooh, this barely counts ...season 4, that's when we get excited
                  ...Can't wait...

"Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                  "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                  "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                  "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                  >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

...Can't wait...

Me too, but this was a good start for my shippy self
                    sigpic

Comment

This is definitly one of my favs because its when I actually started to consider that Jack and Sam might be a fun couple. Little did I know it would take ten seasons to develop and never get a proper resolution!!!

Plus, how can you not laugh every other second watching this episode. Its hilarious, and really starts to show the dry humour that Teal'c has. This epi made me start to love him as one of my favourites comedy wise!
                      sigpic Gets better with age!

Conventions:
                      Creation Vancouver SG Con 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012
                      GateCon Vancouver 2011
                      Creation Chicago SG Con 2013 - 2014

Comment

The best part of this episode (aside from seeing Hammond in a strait-jacket!) was the introduction of Dr Janet Fraiser. I've heard Teryl say that the scenes with Doc & Jack were still amongst her all-time favorites. Plus Doc's insistence on calling Teal'c "Mr. Teal'c" was cute.

As for the Sam/Jack shippiness... *sigh* I love the 'ship, but this was the beginning of the monotonous cycle that they always had to be under some alien influence to give in to their attraction. Damn military rules! And that small little tank top number that Sam had to wear... For me, that was as bad as the blue dress from "Emancipation". Oy! Typical male writers.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KayLyne View Post
                          The best part of this episode (aside from seeing Hammond in a strait-jacket!) was the introduction of Dr Janet Fraiser. I've heard Teryl say that the scenes with Doc & Jack were still amongst her all-time favorites. Plus Doc's insistence on calling Teal'c "Mr. Teal'c" was cute.

As for the Sam/Jack shippiness... *sigh* I love the 'ship, but this was the beginning of the monotonous cycle that they always had to be under some alien influence to give in to their attraction. Damn military rules! And that small little tank top number that Sam had to wear... For me, that was as bad as the blue dress from "Emancipation". Oy! Typical male writers.
                          Only one of those 2 episodes had a male writer
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

This ep was ok I liked Janet being introduced
                            sigpic
                            My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                            poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Just finished rewatching this ep, I realize the one thing I like most about the earlier episodes is that they made an effort to show the different cultures the System Lords had taken humans from. Later on it seemed to be more Dark Age European villagers.

Comment

Something else I realized about this episode...I forgot that, early on, Jack and Daniel still had a fairly antagonistic relationship.

Having their more primal instincts amped up only brought it to the surface but at this point in the series they were still extremely snippy with each other.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X