X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WHY? It is a classic!
    sigpic

Comment

The best scene in this ep was when Sam attacked Jack. Also liked the conversation between Jack and Daniel in the control room just before Jack wacks Daniel. Apart from that I thought it was ok.
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I thought the best scene was when jack says "daniel you dog you"
        sigpic

Comment

yeah that was so funny but i thought this episode was kinda crap if you know what i mean they could of made it better

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard
            yeah that was so funny but i thought this episode was kinda crap if you know what i mean they could of made it better
            I have to disagree with you, I thought they did a great job. I mean it wasn't GREAT but it wasn't "crap" either. There has only been one Stargate episode that I have truly HATED and that was "emancipation". I thought jacks acting was amazing and I always love meeting new cultures.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Miz_Gatez
              I'm so glad someone else noticed that Jack didn't say "no" when Sam jumped him in the locker room. Oh geez, I'm getting all giggly thinking about it... *cough* lol, ok. I'll say this, Broca Divide sure isn't the best epi (it is NOWHERE near as good as Window of Op. or some of the other fine epis - like "The Other Guys" in S6, I swear that was HILARIOUS), but I enjoyed it a lot. Locker room scene, end scene with S/J, and the scene where Jack beats Daniel up...and I'm babbling again Anyway, good epi, not best, but I liked it.
              I know what you mean.

"Not like this!"

Then just how exactly would you like it, Jack?
              my lovely avatar is courtesy of Lies, SamJackShipLover

Comment

Watched this with my boys, aged 4 and 6. Firstborn, on seeing Sam go for Jack, said "Is that what girls do instead of fighting?"

The only reason I can think of for a light place and a dark place is a low moon in geosynchrynous orbit, or a 'ring', but Sam would have commented on either had she seen one, so...

Madeleine

Comment

I have only one comment one bit to say about this episode...a bit of a story...my friends and I are Anthropology/History majors. I guess geeks would be a better term...anyway, this may fit in a bit to either a You know you've been watching too much stargate when...or a you know you're an anthropology geek when...perhaps both. But we were discussing the Broca Divide, and how Daniel...the archaeologist mind you, begins by discussing that these creatures hold similarities to Austrolopithicenes (Which is highly incorrect. They are similar to Neanderthals if anything.) and I asked my friend how they went from being Austrolopithecenes to Neanderthals, and the following quote came from my friend... "It's expediated evolution! Proof that Lamarkian evolution is the way to go! They live in a land with magical giraffes!" Anyway, I just want to see if anyone actually understands that. It cracks me up every time.

Comment

Daniel...the archaeologist mind you, begins by discussing that these creatures hold similarities to Austrolopithicenes (Which is highly incorrect. They are similar to Neanderthals if anything.)
                    Yes, this was definitely one of the sillier episodes. The Touched characters did resemble Neanderthals more than Australopithicenes (which were short little 4 foot apes that walked erect if memory serves). But what was with all the Ally Oop grunting and humping? Reminded me of Quest for Fire or that other movie with Ringo Starr.

My impression was that the Dark Side/Light Side was metaphorical for the uncivilized areas (deep, dark forest) and the more cultivated, civilized part of the planet (cities and fields) - and perhaps also the right/left sides of the brain.

Comment

Sam and Jack. Caveman Daniel and some cavewoman. Grown men in bare-midriff outfits. What more can you ask for?

6/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2...ca-divide.html
                      My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
                      http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

To me, this episode was clearly about showing the viewers how the SGC would handle a dangerous epidemic that was accidentally brought back to Earth. After this episode, we put more faith into Dr. Frasier's ability to fight unfamiliar diseases as well.

I only have one real unanswered question about this one, how could a planet always be half in constant light and half in constant darkness? The only thing I could think of was that the planet must rotate at such a speed that, when it revolved around it's sun, only one exact side of the planet would always face it's sun as it moves and shifts. Anyone else have a theory?
                        StarshineRoxie
                        A woman that allows herself the balance of cool wisdom and strength of heart.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starshineRoxie View Post
                          I only have one real unanswered question about this one, how could a planet always be half in constant light and half in constant darkness? The only thing I could think of was that the planet must rotate at such a speed that, when it revolved around it's sun, only one exact side of the planet would always face it's sun as it moves and shifts. Anyone else have a theory?
                          If the planet has no seasonal 'wobble' - ie its rotational axis is perpendicular to its plane of orbit - then a planetary ring could cast a shadow so that even when a hemisphere faced the sun there would be a dark zone at the equator.

Madeleine

Comment

I loved RDA's acting here especially when he got infected. I liked the scenes where he was trying to communicate with Frasier. Jack must have a really strong will to be able to resist the change and still be coherent in some level.

There many funny Jack moments here, like:

1."Lucy, I'm home!" And of course Tealc did not get that. LOL!

2. Jack saying something about Daniel having a girl in every planet. "Daniel, you dog!"

3. Jack said something about that "little tank top number" in the final scenes after he told Sam about not remembering the seduction.

4. the seduction scene

5. when Jack was telling Daniel about what Sam did and Daniel was like "you poor man"

6. Jack telling Hammond about his "deductive reasoning skills"

Question: If one side is always light, and the other is always dark, does that mean that the planet does not rotate? Wouldn't one side be frozen wasteland and the other a burning desert?

Comment

(Weird Plot-hole)

When Teal'c came back to get blood samples he was forced to knock out two guards in order to do so. He went back to Earth and they figure out how to cure the "touched". When they came back through th gate they found Daniel and brought him back to the palace. They convince High Councilor Tuplo to allow them to take Daniel to the quarantine area.

Now this is where the bump is.

Teal'c is carrying Daniel into the quarantine area and the two guards cross their spears in order to stop Teal'c. They do this despite the fact that they both just heard Tuplo say that he could put Daniel down. Now this could have been some kind of personal grudge but the Minoan culture was a monarchy. Those guards were slaves and free will was not in the cards for those guys.

In short, why did they cross their spears?
                              sigpic

Comment

OK, I counted 3 oh-for-cryin'-out-loud's here. Did I miss any?

The best one was during the conversation with Teal'c. (like L E E mentions above)
                                Jack: "Lucy, I'm home!"
                                Teal'c "I am not Lucy."

OK, this is a huge Sam/Jack-'ship episode. But let's not forget it's also where we first see Janet. Yea, Janet!!
                                I won't suffer you with any Sam/Jack pics ... I'll go post them over in the Sam/Jack thread. But here's one of Janet.

Comment

Working...
                                X