Emancipation (103)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by captain jake
    (Caugh) This mission was by far one of the more pointless. If i was jack I would have got sam out of there so fast. Maybe then we could have got the job done quicker.
    It wasn't pointless. They got some of the medicine to take back with them.

This was the first episode I ever saw. It came on at 9 p.m. on August 29, 2005. At 10 p.m. I was a Stargate Fan.

Comment

Haha thats funny that you remember the date.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake
        Haha thats funny that you remember the date.
        Oh, yes. It was a very important day!

I also remember it because that's when Katrina hit. I'd been watching the news and it just got so depressing... My roomie had Stargate Mondays on, so I watched the last one. The rest is history!

Comment

O ya what made the day memorable other then stargate was there a birthday or something?

O ya and this episode was totaly pointless.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
            It wasn't pointless. They got some of the medicine to take back with them.
            I also think that "Emancipation" was a learning experience for the whole team, who were all getting their bearings when it came to offworld travel and dealing with other cultures. They made mistakes I think that they learned from them.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
              I also think that "Emancipation" was a learning experience for the whole team, who were all getting their bearings when it came to offworld travel and dealing with other cultures. They made mistakes I think that they learned from them.
              That's true. It was all new to them. However, their mistake almost cost Sam dearly. Thank goodness everything turned out well.

Comment

i loved the way how sam kicked that guys ass did he die i cant remember i will have to watch this episode again

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard
                  i loved the way how sam kicked that guys ass did he die i cant remember i will have to watch this episode again
                  No, he deserved to, but she let him live. Having had his ass kicked (and by a woman in a male-dominated society) he probably didn't last long as a leader after that.
                  scarimor

Comment

yeah probely

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                      No, he deserved to, but she let him live. Having had his ass kicked (and by a woman in a male-dominated society) he probably didn't last long as a leader after that.
                      Either that or he kicked a few heads to prove he was still a great warrior and managed to hang on to something resembling his dignity, but was remembered ever after as the 'Great Leader Who Got His Butt Whupped By A Woman - And She Didn't Even Let Him Die'.

A lot of syllables, I know - but it's the basis for a great drinking song, I reckon.

Have to admit that this is a really daft episode (and about as subtle as a sledgehammer in a fruitbowl), but it was fun watching Sam give that chauvinistic moron a thwacking. Go !
                      Last edited by Chaka's_Mum; 15 August 2006, 10:14 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Well I had already done a commentary on this ep previously so today’s review should be relatively short.

Good to see the team in their geeky helmets. Its funny to see Teal’c with the exaggerated scowl on his face...old habits are hard to break for first primes.

This is the first and last time we deal with the “women” issues (well until what S7 or whatever when you get the Amazons) After this Carter is just one of the team (who happens to be a women).

Her slapping the guy around and the mention that she has had hand to hand training is good character development for her. Not much character development for the guys other then Teal’c is a tracker and Jack negotiates well with firearms.

Ok it’s not the greatest and we got slapped over the head with the womens lib thing but at least we got some character development and some great TEAM interaction. They were working together to help the people of this planet. There were also a coup funny lines, even by Teal’c. For a "get your feet wet" ep it was actually pretty decent.
                        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I wasn't a big fan of this episode, though it was cool to see the first real development of Amanda Tapping's character.
                          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Despite everything, this is one of the few episodes where you can see Jack be amused of something!

Comment

I actually liked this episode. Although at times it was awkward, it was a good team episode. We also got to see Sam kicking some serious butt!

And the dress. And Jack's comment. Hehe.
                              my lovely avatar is courtesy of Lies, SamJackShipLover

Comment

Albion said,
                                Sure there are problems with it here and there, a couple of points where I cringe, but they don't get in the way of enjoying it for me.
                                I first watched this episode a couple of months ago. (I started watching SG-1 a couple of months ago and just finished watching all the episodes so far.) Before rewatching it, all I seemed to remember were most of the cringe-worthy stuff. (I didn't become a fan of the show until I was about halfway thru season 1.) Looking at it now, I'm noticing a lot more stuff that I enjoy about it:

--First time I watched this ep, I remember thinking that the blue dress was hideous - which on 2nd viewing, I don't think it is. The headdress is still pretty bad, but again - not quite as bad as I remember it.
                                --What really makes the blue dress tolerable - the *awesome* reactions from the guys when they see her in the dress. Come on! How cute was that?!?! As someone else noted, it's fun to see Jack so amused. He really seems to be digging Carter in the dress.
                                --The dialogue wasn't always fantastic, but you gotta love Carter's defiance and her spirit. She says, "I'm a warrior and a scholar" and I just thought, "Yes. And that's why I love you."
                                --Carter kicking butt in the fight. Sweet.
                                --And someone else pointed out in their post - it's nice to see SG-1 affect a positive change after visiting.
                                Spoiler:
                                It seems that there were many more episodes of how SG-1 had a screwed up and made things worse on different worlds.

So, I'm in the camp that really liked this episode. It is in no way the worst, IMHO.
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Working...
                                X