No announcement yet.

Emancipation (103)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emancipation -- SG1 meddling in other people's affairs, and Carter kicking butt. Pretty much how I see this episode. The old laws, always there when you need them, just in time to safe the day.

Carter's dress - please don't do that again or she really will have to eat that headdress. Whoever came up with that idea should be shot. So not flattering... ...and as Carter mentioned, not comfortable either.

And I fully believe her when she says she can't cook. Did see that poor attempt at chopping -- her fingers wouldn't survive even one meal. Besides she has far better usage for the knife anyway.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I loved this Episode, although I can't really say I want to watch it alot. It was good the first time. Great to hate the Warlord, and Fantastic ( I actually cheered) when Carter pummeled the brute.
      no means no, and so does pepper spray
      Sig by The Carpenter
      sigpic

Comment

IMO she should have just waxed him in the end
        Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vagabond Serpent View Post
          IMO she should have just waxed him in the end
          Not really, better to have him live humiliated than to kill him.
          no means no, and so does pepper spray
          Sig by The Carpenter
          sigpic

Comment

He was humiliated alright... generally that would definitely lead to a very short chieftain time.

Comment

So why not combine both outcomes
              Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

This is not one of my favorite episodes, but I don’t mind it either.
                In the show where the civilizations on other planets are based on Earth past societies the topic of women in society had to came at some point. Basically in all civilization in the past were women mistreated in one way or other. This episode made me appreciate our Western civilization.

Comment

Originally posted by AsgardGirl View Post
                  This episode made me appreciate our Western civilization.
                  Modern Western civilization, I hope. Cause Western civilization too has treated their women like possessions instead of free-thinking individuals. We're still not entirely equal to our male counterparts.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Modern Western civilization, I hope. Cause Western civilization too has treated their women like possessions instead of free-thinking individuals. We're still not entirely equal to our male counterparts.
                    Will we every truly be equal? Their are places and times in society where women have the advantage. Its not all women being disadvantages. Their are places where they have the advantage.
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Equality, in my opinion, is like utopia. It doesn't exist...

Comment

I'm inclined to agree. Although that shouldn't stop trying
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Recently watched this again, because reasons, and in looking up the actors only now realised the silver-haired chieftain is Mulan's Father. So Stargate got both Mulan (SGU) and her dad!

Comment

Hi, everybody. I'm new here and have just started to get into this. It's looooooots of stuff!
                            I really liked EMANCIPATION just because of the scene Samantha wearing that blue dress and the men reacting to her.
                            Great! The actors did a brilliant job there! I don't care if Sam could have won or not - many things are absolutely impossible in Stargate - this combat could have happened and sometimes the winner is a surprise.

ANJA
                            CARPE DIEM
                            ANJA

Comment

Best line still, the one about eating the headdress...

Comment

I always liked Teal'c's line about Oparah.
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X