No announcement yet.

The Enemy Within (102)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So you are claiming that all of a sudden Jaffa were able to sense naquadah? I realize that they didn't make it part of the story until later in the series but I still think of it in the early episodes. I find reason why teal'c wouldn't have sensed it instead of just saying well they hadn't put that in the story yet.
    sigpic

Comment

I get what Cafine_us is saying. It's interesting to note that Teal'c's ability to sense naquadah (and, ergo, a Symbiote) does rather seem to switch itself on and off according to the circumstances!

I reckon it's just a continuity glitch. These things happen - particularly when a series is still 'bedding in'. But we love it, so we don't mind! Or at least, I love it, so I don't mind!
      sigpic

Comment

The Enemy within

Joking by Jack and Kawaski and Hammond and Carters look about it is classic.

DHD gets its name from Daniel and Carter it appears.

SG1 the greatest hope for the millions of “people from earth” that populating the galaxy by the goa’ulds hand. Teal’c also thinks we are his greatest hope to free his people.

Hey I miss that doctor Warner, he was kind of a putz but he was Frasier’s putz.

Ohhh, Kawaski\Goa’uld slapping Carter around but she sounds the alarm and gets the blast doors closed.

More character development in this ep. We learn much about Teal’c. A little conversation between Daniel and Sam teaches us more about him. And Kawaski, they really hit the “emphasize with this guy” button on this one. Sets up Jack O’Neill vs Airforce Bigwigs battle too.

Hammond telling the arrogant Goa’uld what it is all about.

We learn a lot about the goa’uld in this ep too.
        Funny though that Teal’c gets to go to the briefing while he’s a prisoner but then he did have info to provide. Az hole Col didn’t stand up like everyone else when GENERAL Hammond left the room. Further proving what an az he is. Hammond through out the President card for the first time, nice.

Teal’c also strolls in behind Hammond at Kawasky’s operation no security in sight. Not very secure of them but then Jack did give Hammond his stamp of approval and Hammond should know (from 1969) that Teal’cs a good guy. So for these two reasons I will not ping the lack of security as a horrible thing in this ep.

I wonder how the Tokra surgically remove goa’uld. I imagine they have some type of chemical that prevents the goa’uld from interlacing some of its genetic code in the human brain and then regenerating (or whatever it did).

You would think a Goa’uld would know how to kill a jaffa. Luckily not though. Oh poor Walter only his second ep and he gets wumped by a goa’uld.

But TEAL’C is there to save the day. “You cannot pass”.
        Nasty way to die for poor old Kawaski. More character development for Jack. Hes a tough guy but he cares about his friends.

Teal’c a member of SG-1 and he has a helmut that he never ever ever puts on as far as I remember. Jack has ditched his for the ball cap. Teal’c looks great in the full green gear.
        End. Great ep! Learned a lot about the goa’uld and the characters and used the Stargate to save the day. Yay.
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Ever notice how Teal'cs Searpent tatoo was upsidedown for the first half of the episode then went back to normal for the rest

Comment

i just watched it then and i was going to post about that and i read the whole thread thinking no one noticed and i got to the last post and you mentioned it lol yeah i did notice and i was like wtf?!!! i wonder why they did that maybe they didnt notice

Comment

This episode is on today on Sky One (In the UK at least) at 5pm, just under 2 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard View Post
                i just watched it then and i was going to post about that and i read the whole thread thinking no one noticed and i got to the last post and you mentioned it lol yeah i did notice and i was like wtf?!!! i wonder why they did that maybe they didnt notice
                you made me check! LOL

Beginning :

End :

Well spotted you guys!

Comment

I really like Kawalsky and am sad he died. I guess you can say I don't wish he didn't die becuase I love the way the show turned out without him but I really enjoy seeing him
                  Spoiler:
                  again later in season 3 and 8.

I love Jack in this episode, he's so funny plus I love the stuff to do with Teal'c. Also George standing up for his people was brilliant. Both things showed what was to come.

I got a real kick out of everytime Sam and Daniel called the gate room "the embarkation room" and not just becuase the way they said it was funny (like they where trying very hard to remember it's name and to say it right) but because
                  Spoiler:
                  In 2010 that really annoying guide connected Daniel when he said it's the gate room I really forgot they use to call it the embackation room.

The only thing I really didn't like was Sam not putting up much of a fight when she was taken. I thought she could have put up a much better fight speacilly when he let her go in the elevator but I gues they tried to make up for that with the next episode of girl power Sam.

Originally posted by alexia_star_2002 View Post
                  Did anyone else notice that O'Neill calls Kawalsky by 2 different first names....at least what I remember...he calls him John and Charlie/Charles.
                  Really? I didn't notice that but that doesn't mean it didn't happen I won't be surpised if Kawalsky called him John since it's it is real first name. Jack is just nickname. Most of the time I forget it's not his real name

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                  I heard that AT got hurt in the filming of this ep when she was thrown against the elevator wall - she dislocated her shoulder. Makes you wonder what goes on behind the scenes. So there you go....a pretty good ep but not one of my favorites.
                  Really Poor AT I think that kind of things happen a lot on sets in fight scenes. On Farscape, Ben hurt his face when another actor pushed his face into a table (the guy didn't know he hurt him for real at the time).

Originally posted by Arga View Post
                  you made me check! LOL

Beginning :
                  http://ednys.free.fr/stargate/bscap290.jpg

End :
                  http://ednys.free.fr/stargate/bscap293.jpg

Well spotted you guys!
                  I didn't notice that, Great catch guys!
                  Ben Browder on who'd win a fight, Mitchell or Critchon..."Cameron would have the upper hand until Aeryn kicked his ass."

Comment

I was suprised to see Kawalsky exit the show so early on; the actor's performance in this episode was great. I've only seen up to disc 2 of Season 2, but I do wonder whether Kawalsky's character would have proved to be too similar to O'Neil's for the purpose of sustaining the series. I've seen one of Kawalsky's reappearances, I'm looking forward to any others.

I was also a bit surprised that more people weren't taken over by Goaul'd in the heat of the battle.
                    sigpic
                    Please don't laugh, this is one of my first attempts at a banner.

Comment

Originally posted by Harlan's Speechwriter View Post
                      I was suprised to see Kawalsky exit the show so early on; the actor's performance in this episode was great. I've only seen up to disc 2 of Season 2, but I do wonder whether Kawalsky's character would have proved to be too similar to O'Neil's for the purpose of sustaining the series. I've seen one of Kawalsky's reappearances, I'm looking forward to any others.
                      Kowalsky was awsome! I wish he hadn't died so soon as well. You've got a looooong way to go before his next appearence, unfortunately.

I think he would have remained quite different from Jack- we could have had him as recurring character like Colonal Reynolds in later seasons. Not in the forefront, but there often enough that it brings the reality of the SGC, having other familiar faces- that we actually realize are familiar and we don't assume are random background characters of the week and not look too closely.

Comment

I was also a bit surprised that more people weren't taken over by Goaul'd in the heat of the battle.
                        That's one thing i am surprised at myself..

Comment

I suppose it would have made things into a bit of a pickle from the storytelling point of view if half the troops coming back had been stuck with symbiotes. Unfortunately it's been a while since I saw these eps (despite Sky starting the reruns again from the start barely two weeks ago!) so I can't remember whether anyone else bent down to examine a fallen Jaffa as Kawalsky did - thereby giving the Goa'uld in the pouch a chance to make a break for survival.

One of the best things about this ep is how it sets up just what a horror it is to be a host to a Goa'uld. The symbiote is not mature enough to assume complete control, so Kawalsky keeps getting free again, thus we know what he's going through in a way that we couldn't when Sha're and Skaara were implanted with their Symbiotes. It's a superb performance by Jay Acovone.

While this incident in itself doesn't answer Daniel's assertion from 'Children of the Gods' that something of the host must survive the implantation, it's the first suggestion that they do.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum View Post
                            One of the best things about this ep is how it sets up just what a horror it is to be a host to a Goa'uld. The symbiote is not mature enough to assume complete control, so Kawalsky keeps getting free again, thus we know what he's going through in a way that we couldn't when Sha're and Skaara were implanted with their Symbiotes. It's a superb performance by Jay Acovone.

While this incident in itself doesn't answer Daniel's assertion from 'Children of the Gods' that something of the host must survive the implantation, it's the first suggestion that they do.
                            Absolutely. In this episode, we can really appreciate what the SG teams are up against; being a host is far worse than being shot at (for which anyone in the military is prepared).

It shows what a real risk they're taking, facing something none of them fully understand (except Teal'c, but even he only truly understands what it is to be a Jaffa) and can do something far worse than kill them -it can make their lives a living hell.
                            sigpic
                            Please don't laugh, this is one of my first attempts at a banner.

Comment

Major Kawalsky will still be one of my favorite recurring character, i wish he would not get killed so early in the show and could stay with the series longer, it was nice to see him alive in Season 3 Point of View and there's still a chance that he could be in one of the SG-1 movies maybe he could come back alive or a guest appearance in Atlantis, unless he might have a son Dominic from Season 5 Rite of Passage

Comment

The only way i can see him coming back in the films is continuoum, since he would have not joined the stargate program and ergo would not have died.

Comment

Working...
                                X