The Enemy Within (102)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flak View Post
    even know this was not the best episode, it was a great plot device to divulge info on how the symbiotes work.

favorite quotes:
    "bugs on a windshield" - jack

"permission to barge in sir" - jack lol

"if you dont make it, can I have your stereo?" - jack lol

"the embarkation room" hehe (I'm glad it became the 'gate room' later)

"dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out" - hammond (he is such a bad ass)

"you cannot pass" - tea'lc (also a bad ass)

also loved the shot of the team at the end. the whole episode has some great camera work. some of the shots are long. and the one at the beginning of the gate from below looking up is very cool.

when they talked to the Goa'uld in kawalski, that was intense!

on to the next episode!
    Loved all those quotes. I LOL'd when Jack asked for the stereo. Teal'c saying "You cannot pass" reminded me of Gandolf (LOTR) saying "You shall not pass!"

Comment

Just finished the episode. Great episode! As others mentioned, Jay Acovone did a great job of portraying the struggle between the symbiote and Kawalsky. Loved the fight scenes when the symbiote took over, poor Sam . It kind of bugged me though when they showed that they only cut half of the symbiote (as shown on the monitor) and didn't bother worrying about the portion that had extended into the brain. 8/10

Comment

For a relatively low-key episode, this one was very well done, I thought. And it started a trend on the show that Gateworld dubbed the "Kawalsky Effect" in an article, where supporting characters are killed off seemingly at random. Other victims include Sha're, Martouf, Narim, even Janet Fraiser. It's tragic, but it adds to the drama of the show and its conflicts.

Comment

Did anyone else ever think that Jay Acovone who plays Kawalsky actually looks a lot like French Stewart's Ferretti from the Stargate movie? I wonder if he was originally going to play that part but they decided to give him the bigger role.

Also noticed that Hammond's favorite line has got to be: "You're in no position to make demands." He's two for two so far this season.

Comment

My favorite moment of the ep, of course, is at the very end with SG-1, newly-formed, embarking on their very first mission as a team through the Stargate. A sign of great things to come!

Comment

Originally posted by Darth kat View Post
              Just finished the episode. Great episode! As others mentioned, Jay Acovone did a great job of portraying the struggle between the symbiote and Kawalsky. Loved the fight scenes when the symbiote took over, poor Sam . It kind of bugged me though when they showed that they only cut half of the symbiote (as shown on the monitor) and didn't bother worrying about the portion that had extended into the brain. 8/10
              I agree the acting was first class and the transition between Kawalsky and symbiote were fantastic. I was also in diseblief that the thought they had all the symbiote when on the screen it was clear there was more. You would think that the part in the brain would be the most important to get...
              At the moment it is Phobos (though time is limited; it is suppose to crash into Mars in the next 100 million years )

Comment

Did anyone else notice that the Apophis symbol on Teal'c's forehead is upside down in the scenes where he is in the cell?

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzah View Post
                  I agree the acting was first class and the transition between Kawalsky and symbiote were fantastic. I was also in diseblief that the thought they had all the symbiote when on the screen it was clear there was more. You would think that the part in the brain would be the most important to get...
                  That's ok. I forgive them since the acting and lines were top notch.

Comment

It seems to me that the militaristic side of the show is more prominent in the early episodes then later on. The discussion General Hammond has in his office with the officer from Langley about Teal'c is a very firm example. They're talking like they're giving each other orders. It's not like we lose the military feel as the show progresses, it just becomes less pronounced.

Comment

Yes, it's still very formal, the military personal stands up when Hammond enters the room.
                      The acting was great, and I loved the shot at the end when the team walks through the gate for the first time.
                      I liiked Daniel still leaving his coffee cups everywhere, and of course Jack's "If you dont make it, can I have your stereo?"
                      sigpic

Comment

To me this feels like an extension of the pilot. And while I find COTG medicore I find this episode beyond fantastic. A rare gem from the early years. I love the torture of Kawlasky as he dies and how this affects SG1 and Hammond. Although one thing that always ticks me off is how Warner only removed part of the symbiote. Maybe that is why Dr. Fraiser became CMO of the SGC

This episode also starts early roots of the NID. I always wondered why Col. Kennedy never returned instead of bringing in Maybourne. But it does a good job where Teal'c will stand being an alien.
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Just finished watching The Enemy Within. First of all I have to say that the protrayl of Kawalsky and his battle with the symbiote within was great. I forgot how they used to say embarcation room and thank god they started saying gate room instead. Plus the whole self destruct thing everytime the gate activated was kind of annoying and potentialy problomatic seeing as how the gate can be activated for longer then the self destruct. Except those two things I have to say the episode was great and reminded me of how suspicous the government was of Teal'c at the beginning. It was also nice to see the relationship between Jack and Kawalsky and see how close they were.
                          My favorite TV shows

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ~NASHARA~ View Post
                            It seems to me that the militaristic side of the show is more prominent in the early episodes then later on. The discussion General Hammond has in his office with the officer from Langley about Teal'c is a very firm example. They're talking like they're giving each other orders. It's not like we lose the military feel as the show progresses, it just becomes less pronounced.
                            Another thing I'm glad they got rid of after a few episodes was all of the extra military "Brass" in dress blues sitting at the briefing table, but never saying anything. That always annoyed me. If you're going to have them in the scene, make it seem like they're a needed part of the show.
                            sigpic

Comment

This remains one of my favourite episodes, largely because of the surprisingly dark and horrific tone and the body horror aspect of the Goa'uld being the focus. Also because we see that the events of Children of the Gods have immediate consequences and Teal'c gets to prove himself.
                              And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Scotaf View Post
                                I was thinking about other people who have said that this is now considered the first episode because CotG is sorta like a second movie. At first I didn't really like that idea, but after having just watched the episode through it occurs to me that if you do consider this episode the first one it is kinda poetic. This episode ends with the team walking through the gate their backs to us to explore new worlds and new places. The last episode of the series ends the same way. They book end each other, if you think of this as the first episode. That is kinda cool.
                                IMHO the series ended with fishing.

The spin-off they called S9 & S10 ended with that other team walking through the gate. (Unless you count the encore performance at the end of 200 with the real SG-1 walking through the gate together.)

Comment

Working...
                                X