No announcement yet.

Children of the Gods (101)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know this has probably been said before but I don't want to go through and read all the thread.

I like how this episode continues with the movie before going itds own way.

Sam probably put in that many hours flying in the Gulf War but not as a fighter pilot. There were other kinds of pilots that flew Iraqian air space.

On a scale of 1 - 10, I would say this is was a 6.

Comment

Should we put a Movie thread in the Season 1 folder? There are all these dangling questions from the movie.

What ever happened to Ra's two deathgliders that were left on Abydos? I'm surprised the SGC never attempted to retrieve them.

Comment

Actually, Teal'c had never met anyone from Earth. The gate on Earth had been buried for thousands of years. The Goa'uld live that long, but Jaffa only live about 150 years or so. The human worlds the Goa'uld control are inhabited by primitive humans. Jack & Co. were obviously much more advanced than what he was accustomed.

It wasn't that Teal'c had such faith in Jack as a person, but he realized that these strangers were more advanced than other peoples he had met. Think of the questions Teal'c asked. He asked Skaara where he got his weapon. (This is not your weapon. Where did you get it?) He notices O'Neill's watch (This is not Goa'uld technology. Where are you from?) Daniel draws Earth's symbol in the dirt (proving they come from an unknown planet) and Teal'c erases it. (Most humans he knows are forbidden to read or write.) Teal'c gives several visual clues to SG-1 when the Goa'uld arrive. Indeed, SG-1 looks to Teal'c for clues several times.

Teal'c was already on the verge of rebelling. He didn't need a big push to do so. He already sympathized with the captives and tried to prevent their deaths. (To Skaara - your death cannot help her (speaking of Cha're).) He chose Cha're as a host because he felt she was the best of the bunch and that would prevent other deaths after which they would get to her anyway.

When Teal'c was ordered to "kill the rest" it was the last straw. His statement that "many have said that, but you're the first I've believed could do it" referred not to confidence in Jack, but confidence in their level of sophistication and technology.

Comment

Originally posted by zats
          I think that the designs around the 'gate itself was different...and I want to say that the rings were thicker, too, but don't hold me to it.
          There were more rings in the movie (10, to be precise) but I don't think they were thicker.
          Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by Replicarter
            Also, the top chevron, split in 2, so you could see the symbol even when it was down.
            And the symbols were engraved rather than stickyout-y.

Just watched CotG again, was very impressed with the music. Like the time they were going through the gate to Abydos. When everyone else goes through the music's all millitary then theres a nice light ditty when sams all google eyed over the event horizon and thens goes all drummy and military again for O'Neill.
            sigpic
            Banner By JME2

Comment

Yes, I like the music. I've used it to accompany PowerPoint presentations, and it works surprisingly well. Applies to just about anything.

Comment

I´m absolutly in love with "Children of the Gods": It´s one of my alltime favourite episodes. It´s a great introduction for the characters and the Stargate universe. It´s good into continuing the story from the movie(beside some minor errors) but opens to many new possibilities, it has a great story, looks almost as good as a big screen film (IMO never looked any other Stargate episode so expensive )and we had the first glimpses of the now trademark O´Neill humour.What else could I do than loving it?

Comment

Just finished watching "Children of the Gods" for the first time in years. Now that I've completed the holes in my DVD collection I think I'm gonna try and go all the way through! I'd forgotten how fantastic the pilot was. Its especially great now looking back for nostalgic purposes. Its surprising to remember how all these things like the characters first meetings and learning about the Goa'uld first came about. It was great to see all the stuff we take for granted nowadays for the first time! Good stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by zats
                    Yes, I like the music. I've used it to accompany PowerPoint presentations, and it works surprisingly well. Applies to just about anything.
                    Makes me wonder what kind of presentation topics you have
                    The music is actually a combination of the movie soundtrack and new pieces....I like it as well.

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
                    Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
                    ~CELLO!~
                    ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                      I don't think that's in there. The hand device is the best theory, but we honestly don't know for sure.
                      If you've ever read the novel "The Price You Pay", this can be considered "confirmed" that Apophis possessed the "portable DHD" technology. In the story, SG-1 visits a planet in which Apophis' goonies regularly visit to "take" some of the humans as a willing sacrifice to become Jaffa or other slaves of Apophis. The twist is, SG-1 gets stuck on this planet without a DHD and so they find out from the other humans that Apophis leaves the planet by way of a handheld DHD. SG-1 has to find some way to get one of these devices so that they can leave.

The book series has showed that Apophis did indeed have that sort of technology on his hands (we just haven't seen it on TV)

So I have come to the conclusion that Apophis uses one of these in COTG to dial up the gate again...

Comment

Originally posted by Iskandra
                        Makes me wonder what kind of presentation topics you have
                        The music is actually a combination of the movie soundtrack and new pieces....I like it as well.
                        What else? Stargate!--We had to do an, and I quote, "special interest presentation". The class was confused silly (how, I ask you, do you fit eight seasons into fifteen minutes?!) but liked the music. Another girl wound up using the same music for her presentation on the history of the golden retriever.

Comment

When Teal'c switched sides like he did I just about splooged my pants.

Comment

Like Mr. Prophet said, the first show very rarely is the best. This one was good to establish the link to the movie and to introduce us the new characters and new actors. Wasn't the best, but it could have been lots, lots worse...

Originally posted by Uncle Dick
                            Frankly, I would have preferred full frontal from BOTH chicks rather than neither.
                            I guess I hadn't realized the female full frontal was there until I watched the DVD ep a few months ago. And wondered besides the fact that this was a show developed and paid for by a premium movie channel (at that time) trying to use sex to sell the ep to some viewers, was all that really necessary to get across the fact she had no clothes on? And... **coughs discreetly behind hand** where was the *male* full frontal for the female segment of the viewing population?????
                            Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                            My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

dont know if this has been answered before ( i dont feel like looking through 6 pages of posts )

but how the hell did Apophis and Te'alc dial the gate to leave earth in the teaser ??

Comment

I'm not sure, but I think Apophis had a hand dial thing which he used to get back, I'm not totally sure though.

Comment

Working...
                                X