Children of the Gods (101)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starbreaker View Post
    I'm finally getting to watch Stargate SG-1 all the way through thanks to borrowed DVDs + Hulu. I really enjoyed the pilot and am about 10 episodes into the series. I'm really stating to get attached to the characters.
    Then you should love the rest of it. In my opinion S1 is one of the weaker seasons
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

this was one of the best episodes of the entire series but it had a few downers. the nudity was not required so i am waitin for the new new version in which they cut it out. Kawalsky was good.
      Some say that he has only one ear.
      And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
      All we know is he's called
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Stig View Post
        this was one of the best episodes of the entire series but it had a few downers. the nudity was not required so i am waitin for the new new version in which they cut it out. Kawalsky was good.
        The nudity wasn't shown in the TV 'original', at least not in the UK. It was put back in for the DVD release, which got the season 1 boxed set an 18 rating. (Yes, one short bit of nudity in one episode messes things up for the whole set.)

I agree, though. Frontal nudity was totally unnecessary. A back view to the waist would have been sufficient.
        C-D
        Dragon by name, Cheerful by nature

Sig by *E*K*R*

Comment

...there's nudity?

I wondered what bumped the DVD up to an 18.
          My dad was watching it this afternoon, I think he's intending to start at the beginning again. Bet he got a surprise then...

Comment

I remember the nudity scene when SG1 premiered on Aust. free tv (1998). I was still in high school and was like this is awesome!
            and only saw it again in 2006.

Watching it now seems wierd compared to the rest of the series it totally does seem unnecessary.

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco View Post

However, in short, they explain it away by saying: accounting for stellar drift causes a smoother ride and thus no ice. It's metioned in "Red Sky". And I think it was mentioned in s1 but I forget what episode if it was.

*mumbles about needing to go back and re-watch the series again.*
              Doesn't Carter say something about fixing the freezing thing when she fixes the whole getting thrown out the other side thing? or am I just really confused?
              My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
              sigpic

Comment

I've decided to try and go through SG-1 from season 1-10 before universe airs.

Starting with the first, children of gods.

This episode is not my favorite episode... but it's a pretty good season opener and show starter.

I thought change of heart before killing them came out of nowhere though.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                  I've decided to try and go through SG-1 from season 1-10 before universe airs.

Starting with the first, children of gods.

This episode is not my favorite episode... but it's a pretty good season opener and show starter.

I thought change of heart before killing them came out of nowhere though.
                  I started going through them again about 3-4 months ago. I've just got to season 9 (I've never seen 8-10) and am really enjoying it. I actually watched Children of the Gods on Saturday. I think Tealc was starting to question himself when he had to pick Aphophises Queen!

Anyone else looking forward to the re-release of Children of the Gods?
                  sigpic
                  I Believe
                  My FanFiction

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                    Doesn't Carter say something about fixing the freezing thing when she fixes the whole getting thrown out the other side thing? or am I just really confused?
                    it's fixed but it takes awhile for it to b brought up in the series,.

Comment

Currently re-watching COTG....The girl playing Sharee had an amazing body Great scene that.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally Posted by drewandian
                        I do remember her mentioning it in RED SKY i'm sure she mention's it in the eps but i'll watch it again to be sure
                        sigpic
                        (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Not my favorite episode and if this had been the first stargate episode I had ever seen I am not sure I would have watch the whole series. The Music was all over the map and always playing at wierd times, alot of the times it didn't match the mood and was distracting. The show came off to me as a typical guy sci-fi show. I have watch this twice and plan to never watch it again. But hey thats me.

O'Neill: Well, I suppose now is the time for me to say something profound...
                          Nothing comes to mind.

Comment

I just finished watching this, for what I will consider the second time. The first time I viewed this, just about a year and a half ago, I thought it was simply amazing. I really thought it was much better than the movie. And, I still believe both of these things.

I have seen others post that Teal'c turned to help them too fast. I don't think so. Since I was watching for it, you could tell throughout the episode that he was not all there with Apophis in everything they were doing. Especially when they were picking his Queen's host. Heck, even Colonel O'Neill could tell throughout their meetings before Teal'c turned.

I do agree that some of the music was a little off. I don't know where it was. Just that a few scenes where a softer score would have been better, their was a loud one; and vice versa.

I do think that the ending did drag on a bit. I'm not sure what would need to be cut from there, but it just felt like it should have ended sooner than it did.

But, not too many complaints. I really enjoyed this episode again. After having seen the first 8 seasons(I know, I'm really plodding along through these), it is funny to go back and see what Jack was like from the start. RDA is absolutely brilliant playing that character.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                              I just finished watching this, for what I will consider the second time. The first time I viewed this, just about a year and a half ago, I thought it was simply amazing. I really thought it was much better than the movie. And, I still believe both of these things.

I have seen others post that Teal'c turned to help them too fast. I don't think so. Since I was watching for it, you could tell throughout the episode that he was not all there with Apophis in everything they were doing. Especially when they were picking his Queen's host. Heck, even Colonel O'Neill could tell throughout their meetings before Teal'c turned.

I do agree that some of the music was a little off. I don't know where it was. Just that a few scenes where a softer score would have been better, their was a loud one; and vice versa.

I do think that the ending did drag on a bit. I'm not sure what would need to be cut from there, but it just felt like it should have ended sooner than it did.

But, not too many complaints. I really enjoyed this episode again. After having seen the first 8 seasons(I know, I'm really plodding along through these), it is funny to go back and see what Jack was like from the start. RDA is absolutely brilliant playing that character.
                              i know... Teal'c doesnt look right after having seen season 8-10 so othen on sky 1
                              SG-1 members
                              Atlantis Team members

Comment

Still a classic!!!
                                Whatever the ancients can do we can, eventually, do better.

Comment

Working...
                                X