Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by captain jake
    What with the nudity on the dvd??

The nudity is a waste of time and rise in ratings: from PG to R. You can simply have Apophis look at Sha're and make an evil smile. THAT would be enough to give the audience the impression that Sha're will be taken as a host.

Other than that, this episode was excellent because it had everything: combat, mystery, wonder, and drama.

The best part was when the Death Glider was shot down.

NEEERRROOWWWWW!!! KA_POOOOSSSHHHHHH!!!

The use of charges to create the explosions rather than computer effects was awesome! Try that on for size, STAR TREK!!!
    sigpic

Comment

they used the rings to get down to the stargate but then when all the people were off it turned into a death glider i thought i death glider was small lol not being able to hold all of those people and have rings

Comment

Forgive me if this was already brought up (I'd rather not read all 14 pages on this ep), but what do you think happened to the infant Goa'uld in the pouches from the dead Jaffa that came through the 'gate. You know, the ones that were shot down when the lady was taken. Teal'c's was the first one that they ever saw, so the ones belonging to the dead Jaffa must not have been in their pouches....

Wonder if they escaped in the 'gate room . That would actually be a really good fanfiction.

"Victory... should be naked!" - The Slitheen

Comment

well that was a custum made super megadeth glider
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....30&postcount=9
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....9&postcount=18
          Originally posted by Jonzey
          Hardcore nudity means not just without clothes, but without skin. You can't get much more hardcore nude than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Miyth
            Forgive me if this was already brought up (I'd rather not read all 14 pages on this ep), but what do you think happened to the infant Goa'uld in the pouches from the dead Jaffa that came through the 'gate. You know, the ones that were shot down when the lady was taken. Teal'c's was the first one that they ever saw, so the ones belonging to the dead Jaffa must not have been in their pouches....

Wonder if they escaped in the 'gate room . That would actually be a really good fanfiction.
            Well I suppose I don't have a GOOD answer for that however I have a OK answer if you are interested. I would suspect that they would want as little evidence as possible pertaining to the subject of alien lifeforms. Which would lead me to the conclusion that they would burn the bodies. There was probably no doctors on the base at the time. Therefore the commanding officer might have ordered the bodies burned without any analysis.

(OK it's a stretch but anything is possible)
            sigpic

Comment

Maybe, but what about the symbiotes? I mean, the doctor who said "definetely not human" also pointed out the pouch, which makes me think that he must have examined the pouches of the two Jaffa. If he did, why didn't they have two live (or otherwise) symbiotes on their hands?

"Victory... should be naked!" - The Slitheen

Comment

What an opening to one of the greatest shows of all time!
                I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Miyth
                  Maybe, but what about the symbiotes? I mean, the doctor who said "definetely not human" also pointed out the pouch, which makes me think that he must have examined the pouches of the two Jaffa. If he did, why didn't they have two live (or otherwise) symbiotes on their hands?

I'd go with Miyth on this one - it would be quite remarkable for two 'alien' life forms to come through a hitherto mothballed 'alien device' and not be analysed/autopsied/experimented upon. That seems to be the usual motive of the authorities in every other 'Alien' TV show/movie. It'd be a bit lax of them not to.

I suppose the two symbiotes might have taken the opportunity to sneak out of the pouches once the shooting had stopped and hid somewhere out of sight in hopes of being able to snatch a host. Failing to get into a position to actually do this, they subsequently snuffed it and decomposed unnoticed. Being small they probably wouldn't have ponged as much as a bigger body would have done.

Either that or someone trod on them.
                  sigpic

Comment

Children of the gods.

I know first ep had some continuity issues still a great show though. But anyway. Re-watching and here is my comentary\Review:

So what was moving under the tarp before the Stargate actually started moving? What caused the air?

The now famous, how did they reopen the gate?
                    Oh well, first ep jitters, I guess.

Ahh Hammond faces his first goa’uld. Major Samuels!!!
                    Back in the Day they actually had sign in check points and actual SFs that knew what they were doing.

How come there were no symbiots in the Jaffa? (I like the explanation above which I read just before posting this which I had written while watching the show)
                    Hard az Hammond.. If I had seen this ep first I may have disliked him at first.

Hmmm Kawaski is only a captain? 2 bars on his collar when in his fatigues
                    Walter was there from the very beginning.

Ahhh later when Carter comes in Kawaski is a Major with an Oak leaf of his collar. Maybe those were old fatigues he was wearing.

Doh Carter was such a geek. Ferretti if funny…how come we didn’t\don’t get to see more of him.

Hammond needs to work on his salute.
                    Daniel and Carter are uber geeks.... almost Morphieus like, except with better fashion sense.

Hammond is annoyed with Daniel but cares about his guys.

Wow character development for Jack and Daniel in the very first ep? It surpasses anything they have done in SGA in 3 years.

Naked women and cheesy goa’uld effect may have turned me off this show had I seen this ep first. Hand device is cool though. Teal’c looks sad the USAF lady got killed.

Kawaski has Captain bars back on during the briefing, big as life… But Hammond calls him a Major …. dang that’s a bad continuity error.

O’Neill has Sheppard hair in this ep.

Nice mountain region for the chulak gate.
                    People of Chulak seem pretty happy.

Hammond looks like a concerned father. I wonder if it is because he is friends with Jacob or if it is just that he’s a swell guy?

Teal’c gives Jack a little friendly piece of advice via head nod.
                    Apophis orders more people murdered. Teal’c cannot take it anymore and betrays his God. Still gives me chills. Great scene. Followed by the “I have no where to go”… “for this you can stay at my place” scene. Just fantastic.

Samuels is trying to get Hammond to lock out the gate. But Hammond has more faith OR maybe he just is EXPECTING them to be OK because of what happens in 1969.

Carter eagerly waiting to hit the GDO. Daniel flipping through his notebook. Samuels almost getting what he wants.

Always liked Neanderthal man and his rock throwing ways.. glad he was OK too bad they didn’t follow up on his story. Daniel and Carter.. "HOLD YOUR FIRE, HOLD YOUR FIRE" and Teal’c turning over his staff weapon to Carter, priceless.

I loved this ep. Just so much going on and learning so much about the characters and the kind of heros they are. They saved all of those people when they didnt have too. Teal'c gave away everything to help. Lots of character development in a short amount of time and all of it SHOWN. Great show.
                    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Bring back Urgo!

Children of the Gods was good too.
                      I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                      Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

I set my dvr to record parts one and two when i saw the rerun on SciFi and good thing because its 1:30 and I'm not sleepy yet. Love this episode and this show!!!

Comment

could someone please tell me how the jaffa dialed the gate on earth

StarGate SG1 Petition numbers:436 & 2460
                          SAVE STARGATE SG1

Comment

Take a look at my post on the last page. There is no official answer, we only have conjecture, and my post spouts the most generally accepted theory right now.

Another one could be that the writers just needed Apophis to get back through the gate and they didn't care how, so they just had it open up again.
                            Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

oh hears another thing.

when oneill is in the elevator with the sergant, the sergant is wearing a majors oak leaf on his sholders

StarGate SG1 Petition numbers:436 & 2460
                              SAVE STARGATE SG1

Comment

I just started rewatching SG-1. I liked this episode a lot now. I really didn't care for it the first time through, really Season 1 was slow for me the first time through.

But anyway, does anyone know why the Jaffa basically let Teal'c take them out one by one in the escape scene? I suppose they were either confused or just really stupid.

Comment

Working...
                                X