Children of the Gods (101)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sela
    I've seen it a thousand times, I have it on DVD - twice, but it never gets old.

I really love this show....
    Me too! I don't think it will ever get old - everytime I watch an ep. I see/hear something I didn't quite catch the time before.

Comment

Children of the Gods has got to be the best series opener for any sereis ever. No matter how many times you see it it never gets old.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

The best part of any show is the beginning and what made SG-1 do so well is from the modern day approach to continuing the Stargate program. CoTG has got to be the one ep that totally grabs the viewer and keeps your eyes riveted to the screen.
        All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
        Pay it forward

Comment

Anyone else agree that Children of the Gods was the best Stargate episode, period? Everytime I re-start the series, I find Myself always amazed at the pilot, from the way it was presented to the BEST intro in any sci-fi show (Apophis' violent introduction and the re-activation of the Stargate).

Comment

I wouldn't say this is the best episode ever but its one of the best. It has its faults but its still one of the best of the series. The acting is so good I couldn't believe this was the pilot episode! The special effects are a little lacking at times (much of the Death Glider close-ups being from the film for example) but it was a great start for the series. If this episode wasn't good, do you think we'd talking about it right now?

timdalton007

Comment

This was a good start to the show. i felt hartbroken for Daniel to loose his wife to the gou'lud.

But teal'c betraying apohis was i think the best part of it

I can help these people
              Many have said that but you are the only one who i think can do it.
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Here's my review of this that I did for IMDB:

Better Than The Feature Film And A Great Start For SG-1,

16 December 2005

8/10

With a pilot episode, you don't really know what to expect since it is the beginning of a series. But in the case of this film, the pilot episode for the long-running "Stargate SG-1", the results are spectacular. Indeed, Children Of The Gods is actually better than the original 1994 film.

The actors are better. Richard Dean Anderson makes a better Colonel O'Neill then Kurt Russel. Michael Shanks does very well taking the place of James Spader in the role of Daniel Jackson and in the end we do accept him as Daniel. Amanda Tapping gives a good performance as Captain Samantha Carter, especially in her first scene which is classic. Christopher Judge does well in the role of the Jaffa Teal'c despite the fact we don't see quite enough of him. Don S. Davis also does well in the role of General Hammond and sets up the character perfectly. Beyond the main cast, Peter Williams does well in the role of Apophis, Alexis Cruz makes a welcome return as Skaara, and both Jay Acovone and Brent Stait do good jobs of taking over characters from the original film. The rest of the supporting cast is good.

The show's production values are high. The sets look expensive and are better then the sets from the original film. The costumes are good, especially the ones for the Goa'ulds and Jaffa. The scenes with the military look realistic thanks to help from the Air Force and I couldn't help but believe that this was how they (the Air Force) would really do something like this.

On the downside, the special effects are lacking at times. The Death Glider sequence in particular seemed to be hurt by some bad special effects and combining of footage from the original film that made the sequence look kind of cheap. The score was also a bit of a let down. Mosty of it was taken directly from the score from Stargate and I was disappointed by the lack of original music in Children Of The Gods.

But overall, this is a great pilot episode. It lays not only the ground work for the show, but gets the show off to a running start. If this had been a feature film, we'd be seeing a Stargate movie franchise but we have a wonderful TV show and, in the case of this film, a wonderful sequel to the original movie.

timdalton007

Comment

I have always thought that the Series Opener was Good. Richard Dean Anderson (After Eight years) as being Jack O'Neill did a very good job it was a shame to see him leave he will be missed but Him and The Rest of cast did a good job in the pilot. I like the part where he tells teal'c he can save these people and teal'c helped him because p'neill could tell that teal'c didnt want to kill these people.

Comment

best season premier EVER! Stargate SG1 started out on the right foot with this episode!!!

Comment

Yeah it was great! First one i saw, most probably one of the best!!!

Comment

this is definitly of the top 5...it is the beginning of the best show ever...i cant believe they actuelly showed sha're naked! god she is smokin' hot!
                        teal'c made the best thing he could ever do...he is not Shol've...he is Tau've!
                        lol...NVM...apophis looked very cool....i love the sound of the gua'uld language....and one more thing....

Sh'ra is hottttttt....

Comment

Originally posted by skritsys
                          The best part of any show is the beginning and what made SG-1 do so well is from the modern day approach to continuing the Stargate program. CoTG has got to be the one ep that totally grabs the viewer and keeps your eyes riveted to the screen.
                          Expecially the scene when Share gets Naked
                          Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
                            Expecially the scene when Share gets Naked
                            *Closes eyes, puts fingers in ears and pulls a Jack from Past and Present* La la la la la la la la la.....
                            Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Just got to say that Children of the Gods was the best season starter ever made introducing brillient charactars.

Stargate Atlantis The Raising prt 1 & prt 2 come's a close second, and also introduced good charactars.

Comment

Anyone care to estimate the number of refugees that are brought back to SGC from Chulak?

I've read the transcript and an actual number is not mentioned.

Ridentem dicere verum quid vetat?

Comment

Working...
                                X