No announcement yet.

Children of the Gods (101)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe everyone treats the Gateroom like outdoors?

Because...ehh I give up...
    FOR PETE'S (no, not THAT Pete) SAKE, THE ABOVE POST (if offensive in anyway) WAS MADE IN JEST!

Comment

The episode was good but the costumes were a little over the top
      Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Comment

EVERYTHING was over the top, that's what's so awesome about old eps. of almost anything. For instance, I just saw the first few episodes of STS9 for the first time, and everything is so different and kind of cheesy.

Hey, isn't there a clip of Sam saluting indoors in the credits? That's funny...
        Last edited by yasureubetcha; 09 March 2005, 06:37 PM.

Comment

A fabulous premier ep that got me hooked on Stargate the second MS step on screen.

The reason I checked it out tho was RDA I was a McGyver fan and the chance to see him in something new I could not pass up.

Comment

i watched it just cuz it was stargate...actually no..i hated the stargate movie but my dad and i decided to give it a chance! however after watching the premiere a few times i really like children of the gods now!

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
            Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
            Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Sith Lord Chaos
              My buddy that was in the Army, was telling today me that they never ever salute indoors, It could be the President and you don't salute him Indoors. And No one wears a hat Indoors, because you aren't allowed to wear cover indoors. And unless an officer addresses you directly you don't have to come to attention indoors.
              But on the other hand, aren't you supposed to wear a hat outside? I think in one of the commentaries for a later season the director wanted to do an outside scene with the characters in their AF uniforms, but didn't want their hats to hide their faces so shot without hats. The AF advisor told him he couldn't do that, so they had to re-shoot.
              Would you come to attention as a sign of respect even if you didn't have to?

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                But on the other hand, aren't you supposed to wear a hat outside? I think in one of the commentaries for a later season the director wanted to do an outside scene with the characters in their AF uniforms, but didn't want their hats to hide their faces so shot without hats. The AF advisor told him he couldn't do that, so they had to re-shoot.
                Would you come to attention as a sign of respect even if you didn't have to?
                In the commentary in question, PDL's objection was that he thought the hats were UGLY not hiding faces. It was one of those moments where I didn't enjoy his commentary on the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                  In the commentary in question, PDL's objection was that he thought the hats were UGLY not hiding faces. It was one of those moments where I didn't enjoy his commentary on the episode.
                  That's right--it comes back to me now. It was the women's hats, wasn't it? That was kind of narrow minded of him. As for me, I don't think they're ugly.

Comment

That's right--it comes back to me now. It was the women's hats, wasn't it? That was kind of narrow minded of him. As for me, I don't think they're ugly.
                    It's the Prodigy commentary. He went on at great length about how they looked like macdonald's hats. I found it rather disrespectful, and it made him sound ignorant.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                      It's the Prodigy commentary. He went on at great length about how they looked like macdonald's hats. I found it rather disrespectful, and it made him sound ignorant.
                      He was probably *trying* to be funny. No sale.
                      A bit OT: What is the rule for what hat you wear when? Sometimes they wear the visored ones and sometimes they wear the angular kind. Can't think if there is a special term for it.
                      Last edited by jckfan55; 17 March 2005, 05:48 PM. Reason: tired typing

Comment

He was probably *trying* to be funny. No sale.
                        A bit OT: What is the rule for what hat you wear when? Sometimes they wear the visored ones and sometimes they wear the angular kind. Can't think if there is a special term for it.
                        There are a bunch of terms for both, but generally the one with the brim is a peak or visor cap (or cover), and the one that is flat and foldable is a garrison cap.

Both can be worn with class A or class B uniforms (blues with or without the jacket). The visor cap is a bit more formal and is worn generally more formally. The garrison cap has the advantage of being able to be shoved in a pocket, under a shoulder strap, or in a belt. When you have to keep track of a hat, this gives it a great deal of advantage.

Also, the women's version of a visor hat is... not particularly popular. I believe the only time Sam's worn it was in Between Two Fires.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Sith Lord Chaos
                            My buddy that was in the Army, was telling today me that they never ever salute indoors, It could be the President and you don't salute him Indoors. And No one wears a hat Indoors, because you aren't allowed to wear cover indoors. And unless an officer addresses you directly you don't have to come to attention indoors.
                            Certain branches of the military do and don't salute indoors....but for the life of me, I can't remember which do and don't for sure. I think the Army does not, but the Air Force and Navy do.
                            It makes no difference what you do to me. But know this, the Ori are all-seeing.
                            [long pause] They are already aware of this affront to their eminence, and shall strike down those who dare to defy them.
                            Nothing yet. You?
                            Drawing a blank. A little thirsty.
                            That doesn't count
                            No, it doesn't.

Comment

Hey I just watched the Ep 1, Season 1 of Stargate Atlantis.

Which made me think back to Ep 1, Season 1 of Stargate SG-1, "Children of the Gods".

And which made me decide that I SG-1 was done much better lol. The main thing is character development. SG-1 may have had the benefit of the movie, but still, the character introduction was done very thoroughly. While in Atlantis they get right into the action without much emphasis on character. Hmm, also I never liked the idea of Dr Weir at the helm of Atlantis. No, it's not because she's a woman, I like women. I just have a problem with civilians. It just doesn't click for me - and also she seems too young. Someone older, wiser, a bit round, and bald with a blue short sleeved shirt would be more fitting

I'm not resisting it cos it's new...the character set just seems a bit weak.

macdonald's hats , lol. i never noticed what hats they wear at macdonalds. don't they just wear baseball caps? or is it just here?
                              Last edited by yenny8a; 27 March 2005, 05:17 AM.

Comment

I don't like SGA that much either. SG-1 is still the standard. Also my dislike is because of SGA rehashing old SG-1 stories.
                                Example: They encountered fog on one of the planets. The fog turned out to be living beings.
                                This is a take on the SG-1 episode were the Russian stargate malfunctioned because it connected to a waterplanet were the water turned out to be liveing beings.

Atlantis is currently just a rip-off of SG-1.

Comment

Working...
                                X