No announcement yet.

Children of the Gods (101)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This episode was very good regarding the intro of the characters and was only fair regarding the accuracy in it's story.

1. - How did the Goa'uld know how to dial out ? There was no dialing device.

2. - Major Kowalski was a Lt Colonel in the movie.

3.- Major Kowalski at times had Captain bars insignia.

4.- Major Kowalski had Captain bars and was called Captain just before he got taken over by the Goa'uld.

Point 3 was in episode 101 and 102. Point 4 was in episode 102.

Any comments ??
    Just don't come back with "so what"

Comment

Originally posted by Ziu
      This episode was very good regarding the intro of the characters and was only fair regarding the accuracy in it's story.

1. - How did the Goa'uld know how to dial out ? There was no dialing device.
      The Goa'uld have been dealing with Gates for millennia; they know how to dial them without a DHD. Call it a manual dial out, call it a portable quick-dial doohicky, they had it.

2. - Major Kowalski was a Lt Colonel in the movie.
      Ra was an angry Grey and Major Ferretti was a Lieutenant; not a bad career curve for one year.

3.- Major Kowalski at times had Captain bars insignia.

4.- Major Kowalski had Captain bars and was called Captain just before he got taken over by the Goa'uld.
      Season 1 was all over the prop mistakes and they've never been good at ranks. Lt. Grogan was called Sergeant in The Sentinel, despite being an academy graduate.
      Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
      - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Ziu
        Any comments ??
        Just don't come back with "so what"
        They didn't have a military adviser or the support from the air force that they had in later years, and the only person on the show at the time with a military background was Don S. Davis.

They made mistakes galor...

Comment

Originally posted by yasureubetcha
          Wow, you know your stuff. So I have a question with some Season 8/9? spoilers in it (kind of OT, but I haven't seen it answered anywhere else):
          Spoiler:
          So if Jack leaves to become head of Homeworld Security and is no longer Sam's direct superior, are the regs any different regarding a relationship? My friend and I have an argument going on this topic, and neither of us knows what we're talking about at all . You seem like you do; can you enlighten me?
          My understanding is that it would still not be considered appropriate.
          Spoiler:
          Jack would still have control over Sam's career, and still be in her chain of command.

When I was associated with the service, one of the things I had to be able to recite during an inspection, along with the serial number of my weapon and minutia of military history, I had to be able to repeat my chain of command from my squad leader through their commanders up to the Secretary of the Army, the Secretary of Defense and the President of the United States. It would be just as inappropriate for me to have a relationship with the person two steps above me as one step above me.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
            My understanding is that it would still not be considered appropriate.
            Spoiler:
            Jack would still have control over Sam's career, and still be in her chain of command.

When I was associated with the service, one of the things I had to be able to recite during an inspection, along with the serial number of my weapon and minutia of military history, I had to be able to repeat my chain of command from my squad leader through their commanders up to the Secretary of the Army, the Secretary of Defense and the President of the United States. It would be just as inappropriate for me to have a relationship with the person two steps above me as one step above me.
            So, technically speaking the President can't sleep with any soldiers at all?

You know. If any given president wanted to.
            Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
            - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
              So, technically speaking the President can't sleep with any soldiers at all?

You know. If any given president wanted to.
              Yes, that would be my understanding.

Comment

Did anyone else notice that there's a Tok'ra in CotG? If you look closely the Goa'uld that picks Skaara to be a host appears to be Conshu, the Tok'ra from "The Other Guys" I Don't know if this has been covered before or if it is him for sure, but he sure does look like him.
                Last edited by Sith Lord Chaos; 15 September 2005, 02:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sith Lord Chaos
                  Did anyone else notice that there's a Tok'ra in CotG? If you look closely the Goa'uld that picks Skaara to be a host appears to be Conshu, the Tok'ra from "The Other Guys" I Don't know if this has been covered before or if it is him for sure, but he sure does look like him.
                  Did you check the credits to see if its the same actor? Someone here once posted that Zipacna appeared and pointed to the credits and a goa'uld that looked like him. Makes sense in that he is a lieutenant of Apophis.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                    Yes, that would be my understanding.
                    I dont think the Army Secretary is in the chain of command. It skips from the army chief of staff to the Defense Secretary. Its similar to why the VP isnt in the chain either. Hoover's VP once tried to order a private to evict the Bonus Marchers back in the 30s. The private ignored him since the VP wasnt in the chain.

Comment

Originally posted by Unas
                      I dont think the Army Secretary is in the chain of command. It skips from the army chief of staff to the Defense Secretary. Its similar to why the VP isnt in the chain either. Hoover's VP once tried to order a private to evict the Bonus Marchers back in the 30s. The private ignored him since the VP wasnt in the chain.
                      At the time i had to know those things, the Army Sec was in my chain of command. I remember it because at the time his name was Tugo West. It may not be the case anymore, or it may not be the case outside of training commands, it was a long time ago.

Comment

Maybe Conshu's host had a twin brother , and when his bro was taken as a host, it inspired him to join the Tok'ra and fight the Goa'uld, similar to Danny's motivation for joining the SGC.

Comment

I like this show. I can't wait to read and watch this show.

Comment

Hello people, I am now just going to read this. Have fun to all of you.

Comment

Say what??
                              Last edited by Sith Lord Chaos; 15 September 2005, 01:34 AM.

Comment

My buddy that was in the Army, was telling today me that they never ever salute indoors, It could be the President and you don't salute him Indoors. And No one wears a hat Indoors, because you aren't allowed to wear cover indoors. And unless an officer addresses you directly you don't have to come to attention indoors.
                                Last edited by Sith Lord Chaos; 15 September 2005, 02:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X