Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Goodbye Jack O'Neill! (The "I will miss Jack" Vent Thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just found this thread!! If I knew about long ago, would have been here long ago!!

Anyhow, this is what I miss about Jack!!

DANIEL (pleading and frustrated) Come on, Jack!

O'NEILL Still no, Daniel.

DANIEL But, it doesn't have to be on a permanent basis.

O'NEILL I didn't let you go in the first place. What makes you think I'm gonna change my mind?

DANIEL Because…

O'NEILL Can you try to do better than that?

DANIEL Because they're going to need somebody who can translate Ancient. I'm the most qualified person left on the planet for the mission.

O'NEILL Which is exactly why you're gonna stay right here.

DANIEL (desperate) Because I'll quit!

O'NEILL (sarcastically) Why don't you just hold your breath? You haven't done that in a while.

(Thanks to StargateWikki for the Transcript!)

Nobody can Banter with Daniel as well as Jack can!! Nobody!! I loved the Banters!!
    Richard Dean Anderson is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!!
    sigpic
    Hawaii-Five-O-Heat-Wave-Thunk-thread-of-hotness

Comment

It is not the same without Jack O'Neill.
      No Jack - No Joy

sigpic
      Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
      My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by OneillTwo"LL"s View Post

Just found this thread!! If I knew about long ago, would have been here long ago!!

Nobody can Banter with Daniel as well as Jack can!! Nobody!! I loved the Banters!!
        Wow, I didn't know about this thread either!

I miss the banter too, those two really played off each other so well. Even the simple thing like
        "Do.."

"Do Not.."

"Do..." etc

A great example is in season 6 Abyss and the elevator scene in Full Circle.

I too think that they should have finished the show with season 8 when RDA left. As much as I love the other original characters, Jack is totally and utterly irreplaceable and the show IMHO just doesn't work without him

Sheesh...guess I'l have to skim throught the thread to see what I've missed...ack an impossible task methinks.

I miss Jack...*sigh*
        sigpic
        Sig by AstraPerAspera and avatar by SamJackShipLover

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Alas, I miss Jack, too! The sarcasm, the witty comebacks ("Are you calling us fruit?"), and the overall greatness that is Jack cannot be replaced!
          sigpic

Comment

O'Neill *pines for Jack*

SG-1 wasn't the same without O'Neill and his sarcastic sense of humour,i didn't really enjoy the last 2 seasons without him in it,they should have stopped SG-1 when he left!
            sigpic

Comment

Wow! I just stumbled upon this thread too! *waves*

Sweet!

Originally posted by mara-anni View Post
              Wow, I didn't know about this thread either!

I too think that they should have finished the show with season 8 when RDA left. As much as I love the other original characters, Jack is totally and utterly irreplaceable and the show IMHO just doesn't work without him

Sheesh...guess I'l have to skim throught the thread to see what I've missed...ack an impossible task methinks.

I miss Jack...*sigh*
              I agree! Going on without Jack didn't work for me. Mitchell can try, (and he does) but he just can't replace the original.

Also, at the end of season 8 everything was solved.

(Major THREADS spoilers)
              Spoiler:
              the Jaffa were finally free, the replicators finally defeated with the weapon at Dakara, Daniel was among the living again (Pete finally went away... sorry). IMO threads would have been a perfect series finale. There was even fishing!
              Too cool for a signature.

Comment

Originally posted by hbt123 View Post
                Also, at the end of season 8 everything was solved.

(Major THREADS spoilers)
                Spoiler:
                the Jaffa were finally free, the replicators finally defeated with the weapon at Dakara, Daniel was among the living again (Pete finally went away... sorry). IMO threads would have been a perfect series finale. There was even fishing!

Yup totally agree with ya,that would have definately been a perfect way to end the show,i don't know about anybody else but i was very disappointed about the very last episode!
                Spoiler:
                Pete went away,i was very pleased about that!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                  Yup totally agree with ya,that would have definately been a perfect way to end the show,i don't know about anybody else but i was very disappointed about the very last episode!
                  Spoiler:
                  Pete went away,i was very pleased about that!
                  Yeah Unending disappointed me too.

Spoiler:
                  Too much D/V.

I just pretend that seasons nine and ten don't exist. Works for me!

I love Jack!

Comment

Aye,SG-1 could and probably should have went out with a bang but instead they went out with a whimper
                    Spoiler:
                    i also never really took to the Ori the way i did with the Goa'uld and the replicators,they just didn't seem to do it for me!
                    sigpic

Comment

I agree! They were just sort of... bad guys... so what? There was nothing really special about them to me.

But none the less they would have probably been tolerable if Jack had been there to input his Jack'isms.

*sigh* I miss Jack

Comment

Excuse me while I whine

I've though about it.

I've tried everything I can think of but...

I still miss him.
                        sigpic
                        Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                        My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Working...
                        X