Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Goodbye Jack O'Neill! (The "I will miss Jack" Vent Thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I certainly dont have as many quotable moments to annoy the people at work with.
    I do miss Jack a lot. I think the show can go on without him but it will never, ever be the same. He was one of the best Scifi characters ever IMHO.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I was reading the forums yesterday and it kinda just hit me that we are never gonna see Jack again (maybe a guest appearance) or hear any of his hilarious remarks, I've obviously known about it before he even left but it never really bothered me before.

Stargate will never be the same and it will never be as good as it could with RDA and Jack, but I can still enjoy the show now and in the future i hope.

Sam: Looks like an untouched paradise
      Teal’c: Appearances may be deceiving
      Jack: One man’s ceiling is another man’s floor
      Daniel: A fool’s paradise is a wise man’s hell
      Jack: Never run with scissors?

Comment

Originally posted by Gary83uk
        Stargate will never be the same and it will never be as good as it could with RDA and Jack, but I can still enjoy the show now and in the future i hope.
        100% agreed...stargate will never be the same again.... im still gonna watch it but it wont be the same ever again .... i hope RDA gets bored and returns for season 10
        The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Hello! De-lurking to post the following information.....cause I miss Jack and I miss RDA!!!!!!!!!

Don Davis mentioned to a member of the S/J Ship Family (at the New Jersey con) that RDA thought fans were angry with him for leaving the show. We talked about letting him know how much we miss him and how he needs to come back for a couple of eps a yer, or at least wrap up his storyline. We talked about doing this through a web site, but I think I have a way that would be more effective--by sending letters to his agent and Gekko. minigeek, who works in TV, got the addresses below for me. I think mail sent to one or more of these places would be much more likely to reach him.

Here's the information I have.

Richard Dean Anderson
          c/o Gekko Film Corporation
          1122 South Robertson, Boulevard, Suite 15
          Los Angeles, CA 90035, USA

Richard Dean Anderson
          c/o ICM (International Creative Management)
          8942 Wilshire Blvd.
          Beverly Hills
          CA 90211, USA

Nell also suggested that we should write TPTB and let them know how much we want to see RDA back. I think I’ll do that too. Here is the address where you can write RCC, JM, PM or any of the TPTB:

The Bridge Studios
          2400 Boundary Rd
          Burnaby, British Columbia
          V5M3Z3

minigeek also suggested checking the Screen Actors Guild for addresses that might get mail to RDA, but I had trouble navigating their web site….then work went bonkers and I haven’t had time to go back. If anyone can help with contact info for him through SAG, please post it. So, I'd suggest these for now.....and I'm going to write.

How many would write? Could you post here and give us an idea?

Comment

Originally posted by Eoin
            100% agreed...stargate will never be the same again.... im still gonna watch it but it wont be the same ever again .... i hope RDA gets bored and returns for season 10
            I'm still watching Sg-1, but I definitely have a lot less enthusiasm for it now. All of the other cast members are doing such a great job with the material they're given, but it just isn't the same without Jack.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Im here to say that i miss Jack alote

Comment

Originally posted by valaCB
                Im here to say that i miss Jack alot
                Yeah, so do I. I miss his humor. however, Cameron's humor covers this a little bit.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sclairef99
                  I gotta say - he is one of the main reasons I watch the show, Jack makes me smile and RDA is just so darn good lookin'! I will miss his presence in the show, as I have really missed him during his reduced schedule. But alas, i have my DVD's to keep me smilin'

I will still watch the show, but miss the original!!!

S
                  Me too. Hope he will guest star alot

Comment

Originally posted by plaw15
                    Me too. Hope he will guest star alot
                    The show is just not the same without O'Neill. The 1st 10 episodes of season 9 were, at best, poor science fiction. It's a little better when Sam Carter is in the episode a lot, but there's still a very large hole where Jack show be. I can accept Landy and Lam but the lead just doesn't work. The Cameron character has little personality and no chemistry between the other characters. I haven't watch SG1 since "The 4th Horseman" aired and I can't say I've missed it much. Too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by sclairef99 View Post
                      I gotta say - he is one of the main reasons I watch the show, Jack makes me smile and RDA is just so darn good lookin'! I will miss his presence in the show, as I have really missed him during his reduced schedule. But alas, i have my DVD's to keep me smilin'

I will still watch the show, but miss the original!!!

S
                      Couldn't agree more.... (y)
                      sigpic

Comment

SG-1 is not SG-1 without Jack. No amount of replacements could fill his shoes.
                        Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Agreed (^). I love Jack and miss him terribly. Seasons 9/10 were truly awful and Jack wasn't there to make it better.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

It just feels empty without him...
                            sigpic

Comment

Um, I didn't get the memo at the start of this thread in February 2005. So, better late than never! I know Jack would agree but, ahhhh, nevermind, you know how he feels about cliches!!!

Many have eloquently expressed their fondness for Jack as portrayed by The Man, Richard Dean Anderson. Well said and I echo your sentiments.

Seasons 9 & 10 have passed by and Jack put in a couple of appearances on SG-1 and then three on Atlantis season 3. I've been thankful for that. Very thankful. Gosh, I've missed him as a regular!

Here's looking forward to The Movie: Continuum in 2008 when RDA reprises the role of Jack O'Neill. There is no substitute. They broke the mold. Aaahhh, FCOL. Did I mention about the cliches?!
                              sigpic

Comment

They should have cancelled the show when RDA left and start making DVD movies then...

Comment

Working...
                                X