Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack! Because without Jack, Daniel wouldn't be funny.

Comment

Well, after reading ALL the posts, I have come to a very disturbing conclusion.....there is a VERY good chance that Season 9 will be the last season of SG-1. The vote is pretty evenly split between Jack and Daniel, but a lot of posts state that Jack is the one they miss the most when he's not there, or that it's the interplay between Jack and Daniel that make things work. Since Jack isn't going to be in Season 9.....are you "Jack" people" still going to watch?

I have to admit, my choice would be Jack, but only by a slim margin, because I truly feel it's the whole team, Sam, Daniel and Teal'c, that make the dynamic work. However, I'm more than willing to give Ben Browder a chance, because, one, I love SG-1 and want it to continue and two, I loved him in Farscape.

AND Madeleine, again, thanks for the laugh. You have a very sly sense of humor, don't you???
      On fighting:
      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Oh dear, you're asking me to choose?

Well, Daniel, just because he's always been my favorite. But they're so completely different, dontcha know. Okay, more so in the earlier seasons, but still...having one without the other leaves an awful hole.

Still, if forced to choose...Daniel.

Comment

Well, I have to weigh in and say Jack of course! I will miss him when he is gone. To be a bit fair, I do like the Daniel, Jack interactions. However, it's Jack that keeps you laughin' and lookin'

S

Comment

you mean i have to choose...

i like both of them...

jack for the sarcasim, daniel for the whole 'we come in peace from a place called erp... er earth..' sorry the scaper in me got out.

oh yes... uh, for Ben Browder's char... uh *thunk* he's sexy in scape and gonna be a great addition to SG1...
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
              Jack all the way!!!!
              Don't get me wrong I do like Daniel, he's clever, funny and is good at the diplomatic stuff he does but Jack is just so much more!!!

Jack is gorgeous, funny, witty, clever(even though he tries to hide it), caring, optimistic...and much much more!

I am agree with Sam on this one, but just need to add that:

Daniel has the book smarts
              JAck has the World smarts

But they are a great Team together!!

but for me, ITS JACK, JACK, JACK!!
              Richard Dean Anderson is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!!
              sigpic
              Hawaii-Five-O-Heat-Wave-Thunk-thread-of-hotness

Comment

Originally posted by SallyK
                Umm, do I have to? For me, it really isn't a case of either/or. They are both special characters, but a major part of that is their friendship. Neither works as well without the other.

If I had to express a preference for one it would be Daniel, but a major part of what I love about him is his relationship with Jack. I can't see the show working long-term without either of them.

SallyK
                What she said! (saves me typing it again! )
                sigpic

Comment

I would definatley have to say Jack. I love Daniel. But he can be a little anoying sometimes. Some people are anoyed by Jack taking his 'dumb act' too far. Well it's the same for me with Daniel's whining. Maybe Jack was 'rude and shortsighted' in The Other Side. But Daniel should have known better than to insist on having the converation in front of the people they were trying to arrange a treaty with. He's supposed to be a diplomat. I guess I'm just saying he's not always "The Smart One" Jack, after all was the one who not only took action in Redemption but he had an idea that saved the world. When even Carter, Jonas and the other egg heads were stuck. It was Jack who sacrificed himself with the ancient's database, Whose intuition told him the guy in The Warrior couldn't be trusted, Who had the idea for grabbing Adrian Conrad in 48 hours and rescued Teal'c (with significant help from Daniel the diplomat.) So I think they are equal as men. Jack is cooler. Daniel more geeky.(though his arrogance almost destroyed the galaxy when Jack trusted him in Full Circle) I really think one of the best parts of the show is Jack and Daniel playing off each other. As beings of equal intelligence. It's like the scene in the movie where They look at each other and say "I've got an idea"

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                    Well, after reading ALL the posts, I have come to a very disturbing conclusion.....there is a VERY good chance that Season 9 will be the last season of SG-1. The vote is pretty evenly split between Jack and Daniel, but a lot of posts state that Jack is the one they miss the most when he's not there, or that it's the interplay between Jack and Daniel that make things work.
                    I'm not sure we can sound the death knell on the show because the vote is evenly split - evenly split, not heavily lopsided in favour of Jack - on a question that offers Jack or Daniel as its only choices, and doesn't take into account those who prefer Sam or Teal'c to both Daniel and Jack (oops, hang on, we've got somebody professing to be one of those...no, wait, she's changed her mind), like Jack and Daniel equally and can't choose between them (no, hang on a minute, there are two or three of those in here), love Ben Browder and will start watching the show next season because of him (oh bother, we might have a vote here for that, too), love Claudia Black and/or Lexa Doig and will start watching the show next year because of them (Ha!), or love Beau Bridges or Lou Gossett Jr. and had never even heard of the show before they joined it (and "Ha!" again).

Season 9 could still end up being the show's last, mind you, I just wouldn't hold this little thread up as a predictor for that just yet.

For the record, Daniel's the man for me, and not by any "slim margin" or because I'm forced to choose or because Jack isn't the man he used to be. Daniel just is and always has been the runaway favourite for me.

Tucker

Comment

Working...
                    X