X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
    Dude - google preposition!

:: thinks back to school :: It's everything a squirrel can do when it comes to a box:

in, on, over, under, around, about, for.... okay so, google. GOOOOOOOGLE
    Dude...googling!

And I thought it was 'for'

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
    Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

!!! Secret Santa !!!

The deadline for Secret Santa was on the 11th of December. I know I gave you another day but I haven't heard from some of you. So can you please e-mail me back today. If I don't hear from you at all I will assume that you can't make it or decided to just not make anything. And I'll have to ask one of the back-up people to make something. I really hope I don't have to do that.

If you haven't gotten a e-mail from me asking you about Secret Santa, it means I received yours.

I only need to receive it from: m_wendy_r, NeverOnEarth, Sg-1fanintn, Vandola, Jess, Bren_Ren, TrueRomantic.
      From most of you I got a form of communication and also when you will finish it. For some of you I don't...If I don't please contact me today, please.

If everything goes acording to plan. I will be sending the gifts out on Monday, or maybe Tuesday. So for people who have something on youtube on private. You can set them to not private on Monday.

!!! Secret Santa !!!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
        Jenn, FYI, I understood what you meant re- the fic. I debated not reading it but decided I wanted to and it was more sad and heartbreaking. I noticed that there was a companion piece to this but I didn't find a link. Could you post it?
        Never... . Of course FFnet won't let you post a web address in the story (or I've not figured out how to). Its Intimacy, which ironically was written just over a year ago.

Wanna talk about Burning Eyes out? I'm rewatching S6 atm... Ascension. Oh.. My eyes!! Mylanta!!

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
          Never... . Of course FFnet won't let you post a web address in the story (or I've not figured out how to). Its Intimacy, which ironically was written just over a year ago.

Wanna talk about Burning Eyes out? I'm rewatching S6 atm... Ascension. Oh.. My eyes!! Mylanta!!
          :: giggles :: No wonder Sam decided to date - maybe she realized that when she found herself housing strange alien men it was time to go on a date.

How do we keep losing pages??? It's like we can't overcome the 10006 page barrier...

Comment

How do we keep losing pages??? It's like we can't overcome the 10006 page barrier...
            Okay...Thank you. You just saved my sanity, or what is left from it. I was wondering the same thing but i thought it was just me remembering wrong but I guess not

Maybe it's time we go and ask it in the 'ask the mod' thread...I'll do that. Because it's just weird

Comment

:: giggles :: No wonder Sam decided to date - maybe she realized that when she found herself housing strange alien men it was time to go on a date.

Weren't we just on the 10006 page?! *is so confused* And now we're back at 10005?

*is reading Twilight's cross between WoO and BD...hums happily*

Comment

Well go read Jenn's latest fic - there's FLUFF. And even I liked it. :: mutters ::

Oh. And :: throws ten pounds of tinsel on Amanda's head ::

IF that's not more annoying, I don't know what is... oh wait, ending a sentence with a preposition...
                But we're from the midwest. According to my dad (from Texas) we always end sentences with prepositions. Personally, I don't know what he's talking about. Then again, he never understood the phrase 'go jump in a lake' till he moved up here, either. Why would you ever be at a lake and not be planning on jumping in? Then he realized, "Oh... Wow... Lakes!!"

Gee. That was way OT... Except Jack is from the midwest, so maybe he got teased when he was at the Academy by a mean cadet from Texas? And no, that would make an AWFUL fic...

Comment

But we're from the midwest. According to my dad (from Texas) we always end sentences with prepositions. Personally, I don't know what he's talking about. Then again, he never understood the phrase 'go jump in a lake' till he moved up here, either. Why would you ever be at a lake and not be planning on jumping in? Then he realized, "Oh... Wow... Lakes!!"

Gee. That was way OT... Except Jack is from the midwest, so maybe he got teased when he was at the Academy by a mean cadet from Texas? And no, that would make an AWFUL fic...
                  Where in the Midwest are you? From the way you're talking you're here in the land of 10,000 lakes with me LOL.

Actually I think a funny fic would be Jack at the Academy missing his mom's tater tot hotdish... or even funnier, how about an established J/S first year together and Sam coming home to tater tot hotdish...

Comment

The Stargate Theory of Relativity?

And RegAmanda, nothing new atm (I've had 2 hours of sleep in the last 30 hours so I'm not coming up with anything soon - the joys of working the 2nd/3rd shift 16 hour double), but if you haven't read the second chapter of my Always on my LJ.... That one actually doesn't suck

And yeah, that admission about sleep explains a lot, you all are thinking, aren't you? It certainly explains why I can't be bothered to get up and push the little forward button on Hulu to skip this episode which I hate and which I think Sam's wardrobe looks wallpaperish in.

*shhh... don't tell the Samandans I said that...

Comment

Where in the Midwest are you? From the way you're talking you're here in the land of 10,000 lakes with me LOL.

Actually I think a funny fic would be Jack at the Academy missing his mom's tater tot hotdish... or even funnier, how about an established J/S first year together and Sam coming home to tater tot hotdish...
                      Central Wheesscawnson. Though I grew up in Ill-Annoy. We have about as many lakes here as in MinASnowta. I work 15 miles down the road and pass four. If I set a ball down outside my front door, it will plop into the one at the bottom of the hill. Or it will, you know, in the spring when the ice melts. That would be late May/June for those who don't know *sigh*

Comment

The Stargate Theory of Relativity?

And RegAmanda, nothing new atm (I've had 2 hours of sleep in the last 30 hours so I'm not coming up with anything soon - the joys of working the 2nd/3rd shift 16 hour double), but if you haven't read the second chapter of my Always on my LJ.... That one actually doesn't suck

And yeah, that admission about sleep explains a lot, you all are thinking, aren't you? It certainly explains why I can't be bothered to get up and push the little forward button on Hulu to skip this episode which I hate and which I think Sam's wardrobe looks wallpaperish in.

*shhh... don't tell the Samandans I said that...
                        Which begs the question - why aren't you in bed?? I don't know how you're functioning right now. I'm tired just thinking about you.

Wallpaperish? I need some screencaps...

Comment

Discussion of fic Twi and Rachel are discussing:

<snip> Add to that the fact it seemed to be making even *more* light of an episode which I already felt treated certain concepts (rape, for instance) too lightly already... And I started out hesitant. But some general comments on Rachel's comments, based on the understanding I didn't read the fic itself:
                          Yep. That's the other thing that I found a little disturbing. I just think Sam would be more sensitive to what the guys went through than the premise of the fic suggests.

Originally posted by jenniferjf

Which is exactly why I can't see her upset about the events of that episode after the episode. But more importantly, as you say, I think she starts out in Season One with more of a hero worship than a true attachment either as friendship or as potential lover. I think we start to see that in Fire and Water, and Singularity, and Solitudes... And even somewhat in Hathor. But it's far too early, IMHO, for anything more. And I actually believe one of the factors which kept Jack from pressing anything early on (around the beginning of S4) and was probably even a factor in his accepting she had moved on with Pete, was that I think he realized there was an element of hero worship in her feelings for him. <snip>

Anyway, this means I think Jack's immediate response to seeing signs Sam was 'infatuated' with him would have been to assume it was no more than that which I'm sure others had felt for him in the past. What I don't think he ever fully understood - maybe not even until Threads - was that she'd actually moved beyond and through that. He might have realized it was a little more than simple infatuation around D&C (though remember, even that's all about Jack's actions and reactions, not Sam's), but I really do think he felt it wasn't really truly *deep* love - not for *him* - which made it easier for him to deflect her advances after S4.
                          I agree with this in parts. I do think post D&C Jack knew it wasn't infatuation but I agree he felt that her feelings for him were transitory - that she would get over them and move on. And maybe the fact that he understood himself that her feelings started with infatuation played into that.

Originally posted by jenniferjf
                          Which brings us to the other problem. I think Jack in S1 was still, for want of a better word, emotionally involved with Sara. I can't see him wanting to sleep with anyone else - look at his reaction in Brief Candle. So.. No.. Can't see it.
                          I do see S1 as being something of a journey for Jack in moving on from his relationship with Sara. I think by Solitudes she's definitely "ex-wife" so clearly they divorce somewhere between Cold Lazarus and Solitudes.

<snip>

Fanfic spoilers
                          Spoiler:

Rachel - I agree with you for the most part. The Sam at the beginning of the series is lot more bright eyed and I don't see her quite as the confident woman she was portrayed as in the fic. What was the hardest for me to accept though was Jack's very blatant desire to pursue her. The Jack I know (after 10 years of watching) would have never broken those boundaries...

I tried to warn that the characters were acting OOC and I personally saw this fic as someone, who'd seen the show for only a year, trying to create 3-D characters with histories that just weren't there yet. I'm sorry Jenn that you couldn't make it through Mostly what intrigued me was Jack's talk about how Sam reminded him of Sara and how as he was around her that changed.

<snip>

Like I said, I recced this fic mostly as something to add to our discussion about the evolution of S/J. I know as I look at the characters of SGU there's a lot I have to fill in mentally for them and I have to confess...

SGU
                          Spoiler:
                          I didn't see the ending of "Justice" - I mean what Young did shocked the hell out of me and if I were writing fic with him, I'm not sure I'd know what to do!
                          Fic spoiler
                          Spoiler:

I don't think Sam's confidence is too OOC for S1 Sam - if anything Sam's lack of confidence in the personal arena when we get to Chimera is a huge surprise although retrospectively there are hints including Sam's prior relationship with Jonas. But I do think that S1 'ballsiness' (yes, it's a word or rather it is now) that Sam displays is magnified here to allow the author to suggest Sam would sleep with her CO and it's not because she's pressured into it.

Generally, there is a similarity drawn between Sam and Sara, and they do share some characteristics even beyond both being blonde and blue-eyed, (just as Jack shares some characteristics with Sam's ex), so I do agree with the author to some extent that what Jack probably finds attractive initially with Sam are similar characteristics to those in his ex-wife but that he quickly comes to find Sam herself attractive.

I agree that Jack pursuing Sam in S1 is very OOC because for the most part he treats her as a junior officer - one that he's forming a friendship with, getting closer to, coming to care about, but one where he is still very much aware that their primary relationship is the military one. But I can understand why some might have jumped to the conclusion that Jack would (he's much more cavalier about protocol and regs, he's a bad boy made good really so he might push the rules...).

And actually I do think there are glimmers of that later when Jack smudges the line with his fishing invite in Nemesis and his kissing her in WoO - because both times he does push on the boundaries of what is really allowed although he is careful in both instances not to push too far (he quickly backs off in Nemesis when she turns him down, he makes sure to resign first in WoO).

But S1 Jack, when as far as he's aware Sam only sees him as her CO and maybe even hero-worships him a little, pursuing her and placing her in an awkward position (mind out of the gutters people!)? Uh-uh. Can't see it.

SGU

Spoiler:

It's fascinating to contrast and compare really - I didn't see the first punch coming from Young with Rush but wasn't overly surprised he went to violence given his reaction to Telford the episode before. I was surprised he left him behind.

More interestingly though, if the rumours are right and he did sleep with TJ, there's a direct contrast: Young would sleep with an impressionable junior officer: Jack won't. What does it say for their characters and morals?

And why are we losing pages again?! We started out with 200,108 posts this morning! We're going backwards again.
                          sigpic
                          Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                          My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Central Wheesscawnson. Though I grew up in Ill-Annoy. We have about as many lakes here as in MinASnowta. I work 15 miles down the road and pass four. If I set a ball down outside my front door, it will plop into the one at the bottom of the hill. Or it will, you know, in the spring when the ice melts. That would be late May/June for those who don't know *sigh*
                            So I should just call you a Cheesehead and taunt you with the fact that Favre is making the Vikings rock this season so that those of us here don't have to hang our heads in shame? :: thinks for a moment :: As tempting as that is I want you to keep writing fic that I can read so I will refrain from bringing up the rivalry...

I've been trying to figure out how to hibernate for the winter. I'll bet Jack ice fished. The fact that he likes fishing doesn't surprise me now that I live up here and see how people really really love it. Sam would have to take to it. That's how we know they're soulmates. If I believed in soulmates.

This page thing is like the Warp 10 barrier. Someone's going to turn into a lizard and have lizard babies...

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
                              Yep. That's the other thing that I found a little disturbing. I just think Sam would be more sensitive to what the guys went through than the premise of the fic suggests.

I agree with this in parts. I do think post D&C Jack knew it wasn't infatuation but I agree he felt that her feelings for him were transitory - that she would get over them and move on. And maybe the fact that he understood himself that her feelings started with infatuation played into that.

I do see S1 as being something of a journey for Jack in moving on from his relationship with Sara. I think by Solitudes she's definitely "ex-wife" so clearly they divorce somewhere between Cold Lazarus and Solitudes.

Fic spoiler
                              Spoiler:

I don't think Sam's confidence is too OOC for S1 Sam - if anything Sam's lack of confidence in the personal arena when we get to Chimera is a huge surprise although retrospectively there are hints including Sam's prior relationship with Jonas. But I do think that S1 'ballsiness' (yes, it's a word or rather it is now) that Sam displays is magnified here to allow the author to suggest Sam would sleep with her CO and it's not because she's pressured into it.

Generally, there is a similarity drawn between Sam and Sara, and they do share some characteristics even beyond both being blonde and blue-eyed, (just as Jack shares some characteristics with Sam's ex), so I do agree with the author to some extent that what Jack probably finds attractive initially with Sam are similar characteristics to those in his ex-wife but that he quickly comes to find Sam herself attractive.

I agree that Jack pursuing Sam in S1 is very OOC because for the most part he treats her as a junior officer - one that he's forming a friendship with, getting closer to, coming to care about, but one where he is still very much aware that their primary relationship is the military one. But I can understand why some might have jumped to the conclusion that Jack would (he's much more cavalier about protocol and regs, he's a bad boy made good really so he might push the rules...).

And actually I do think there are glimmers of that later when Jack smudges the line with his fishing invite in Nemesis and his kissing her in WoO - because both times he does push on the boundaries of what is really allowed although he is careful in both instances not to push too far (he quickly backs off in Nemesis when she turns him down, he makes sure to resign first in WoO).

But S1 Jack, when as far as he's aware Sam only sees him as her CO and maybe even hero-worships him a little, pursuing her and placing her in an awkward position (mind out of the gutters people!)? Uh-uh. Can't see it.

SGU

Spoiler:

It's fascinating to contrast and compare really - I didn't see the first punch coming from Young with Rush but wasn't overly surprised he went to violence given his reaction to Telford the episode before. I was surprised he left him behind.

More interestingly though, if the rumours are right and he did sleep with TJ, there's a direct contrast: Young would sleep with an impressionable junior officer: Jack won't. What does it say for their characters and morals?

And why are we losing pages again?! We started out with 200,108 posts this morning! We're going backwards again.
                              And I agree with you and Jenn - I don't think Sam would have taken the situation lightly.

Fic spoiler

Spoiler:
                              I think when I look at S1 I see Sam as career confident, but from what happens with Jonas, relationship shy. Jonas held quite a bit of sway over her - not just with the gun, but considering she has hand to hand combat training (remember the Shavadai?) she really is very weak with regards to him which I think is part of that woman/soldier conflict I think exists in her character. So in that regards, the story surprises me a little.

And bringing up "Nemesis" it makes me wonder if the writers had been more gutsy if they would have had Jack be the kind to cross that line. I'm only making this argument because at the point that the author wrote the fic, I think that possibility was there. Certainly the Jack that we know wouldn't but an undeveloped Jack... an AU Jack perhaps?

SGU
                              Spoiler:
                              Over at the TJ/Young speculation thread I've brought up that I see Young as the anti-O'Neill and I make several arguments to support that. One of them is that he had some sort of relationship with TJ - something Jack didn't do overall. It's lengthy but if you're curious, you can head over there and check it out. Young hitting Rush wasn't he shocker, so much as him leaving him there. I was like "Whoa!" - Jack would have NEVER left him behind and I'm curious to see how they play this out with Young - especially when we meet hostile aliens.

Comment

AHHH!!! We're on page 10004 now!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X