• Time
  • Show
Clear All

spoilers for 'sgu'

Originally posted by VSS View Post
    Spoiler:
    Major SGU spoilers
    Spoiler:
    Well, as one of your comments said, that really is a **** you to the shippers, isn't it? I mean, I understand why he wouldn't have a pic of Sam front and center since they'd be trying to keep it private, but placing Sara and Charlie's picture in a prominent position like that does send a message.

Although that picture has migrated over the years from being in his room, to being in his house, to being in his office. So maybe it just means he's come to grips with all of that now but it still seems kind of weird.

I have to say, I'm a little shocked. I didn't expect a whole lot of ship from SGU but I after all the behind-the scenes chatter and the hints from SGA, I didn't really expect this.
    Spoiler:
    you got that right.
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
      You're thinking of The Devil You Know, and Charlie had an ordinary green shirt on. But it's the right concept!

Spoiler:
      Yup. That's the only one he ever had in a frame. So whatever this is, it's a new prop, not one someone randomly picked up.

Spoiler:
      Yes, I think that, too. I wrote it in a fic, even. But honestly, TPTB don't think like we do. Sadly.

He zeros right in on her, here! I remember the first time I caught that little shippy gem. I really love this ep. Jack's feelings for Sam are pretty well-hidden but not quite. Hmm... maybe I need to remember that?

That's a great point.

Spoiler:
      I agree with that bolded part. FOr one thing, Jack's always been extremely private about his private life- remember, Kerry said "Jack didn't want anyone to know about us," and even Sam winced when Pete kissed her while they were on the base in Threads. ANd we all discussed the other day that they've got good reasons for wanting to keep a low profile.

I do think that since a pic of Sara and Charlie finally made it to his office, it may mean he's finally okay with it- okay with talking about it, since those pictures haven't ever been there before. Plus- he's not in this picture. That's a big change from the other ones he had at home. And maybe that's the point that they're trying to make. He'll always love Sara and Charlie, but he doesn't see them all as a family anymore. So looking at it from Jack's POV instead of our own makes a world of difference.

Still, the size of it bothers me. And I just don't think it was an accident, no one will ever convince me of that. Remember how JM posted the pics from Sam's office on his blog? They know people pore over every little detail. So while I can explain it away, I'm really not that thrilled with it. Because at this point while I'm pretty sure TPTB wouldn't place that pic there without thinking about it, I doubt they analyze it as much as I would. ANd it seems odd. I was very surprised by it.

Anyway, it's entirely possible that something to do with SGU has made them change their minds about what the status of the S/J relationship really is. I've no idea, we've not heard anything lately except a blip on JM's blog last summer when someone asked if there was an upcoming Sam and Jack moment and he said that must be the movie, not SGU.

So yeah. Still not that thrilled when it would be just as easy to drop a shippy little hint.
      Spoiler:
      As easy as putting a pic on a desk. But instead we get someone else's and we have to explain it away- even if there are good reasons for it it's still not Sam.
      It's starting to wear a little thin.
      I'm not putting this in as a spoiler, cause I don't know anything for sure. Why hasn't anyone (at least on this thread) mentioned that redone "COTG"
      reduced Sam Carter's role to that of a very minor character. There seems
      to be a move on to forget AT was ever a part of SG1. She mentioned a
      possibility of the 3rd movie to start filming, cancelled her convention dates,
      then TPTB came out quite vocally stating that the 3rd movie hadn't even been green lit yet. It seems they just want all the attention on the SGU premiere. I think it's wearing a little bit more than thin!

Comment

'sgu' spoilers

So yeah. Still not that thrilled when it would be just as easy to drop a shippy little hint.
        Spoiler:
        As easy as putting a pic on a desk. But instead we get someone else's and we have to explain it away- even if there are good reasons for it it's still not Sam.
        It's starting to wear a little thin.
        Spoiler:
        okay, have a pic of jack's son (and his x ), but ALSO have a pic of his current love SAM!
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dmovies View Post
          I'm not putting this in as a spoiler, cause I don't know anything for sure. Why hasn't anyone (at least on this thread) mentioned that redone "COTG"
          then TPTB came out quite vocally stating that the 3rd movie hadn't even been green lit yet. It seems they just want all the attention on the SGU premiere. I think it's wearing a little bit more than thin!

I have to completely disagree.

I think Sam's character is much better represented in the re-cut COTG.

If AT has canceled convention dates there is a good reason. Likely one that involves her in a Producers role on her series.

They are heavily promoting SGU and I'm fine with that. So long as we have some news on other projects going on with the Stargate franchise after their new baby has launched.
          sigpic
          Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post

If AT has canceled convention dates there is a good reason. Likely one that involves her in a Producers role on her series.

They are heavily promoting SGU and I'm fine with that. So long as we have some news on other projects going on with the Stargate franchise after their new baby has launched.
            I definitely agree with you It took a while but it made her more professional I think.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
            Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
            Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

JM keeps reiterating on his blog that both movies are green-lit - but the studios are trying to decide when is the best time to do them b/c unfortunately the economy sort of sucks (that's an understatement...). DVD sales are down so it makes sense for them to wait so they can make the most profit. As much as we love the show - it's still a business. No matter what rumors you hear, according to JM, things are good to go (as he pointed out, why would they pay good money to have scripts written??? And it does cost studio money!!!).

SO, we just need to be patient. Keep believing. KEEP ROOTING FOR OUR COUPLE.

Cuz they are soooo TOGETHER...

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post

SO, we just need to be patient. Keep believing. KEEP ROOTING FOR OUR COUPLE.

Cuz they are soooo TOGETHER...
                i've been *so* patient, i AM a patient!

and i'll NEVER quit on our wonderful couple!! N.E.V.E.R!!!

Last edited by majorsal; 17 September 2009, 04:35 PM.
                sally

sigpic

Comment

I'm just glad they took out that god awful line that makes me cringe so badly every time I hear it

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                  i've been *so* patient, i AM a patient!

and i'll NEVER quit on our wonderful couple!! N.E.V.E.R!!!

What Sal said
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm in class and freakishly bored. So...catching up...

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                    Aww man I went to sleep with the thought of sleeping for a few minutes...and slept for hours

SGU
                    Spoiler:
                    I expect a picture of Sara and Charlie to be there, even though he has moved on, a part of his heart still belongs to them. I could actually see a very lovely scene of Jack taking the pictures down, Sam saying why, and her telling him to keep them up
                    PLOT BUNNY!!! wheeeeeeeeee!

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post

IMG tag left in to say: Jack would have hit this man just for where he's looking!
                    Keep your eyes off my girl's six, buddy!

It'll be so nice to have another set of shipper eyes scrutinizing the photo. I'm guessing that's the first scene Pol will want to see . . . LOL!
                    Oh yeah!!!
                    Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

You guys are killing me with the spoiler tags.

Oddly, or maybe not so oddly, I'm starting to feel the same. I just don't care anymore and am close to going to find something else outside of the Stargate franchise for entertainment. Being kept in suspense is one thing, being deliberately jerked around is another.
                      Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      I'm rapidly coming to that point myself. I will watch the first few episodes of SGU, but I'm really close to 100% certain I won't keep watching it after that. I'll have to find other ways to entertain myself, I guess.

Ooooh ... I'd love to have seen that in an episode. A lot of us would be standing on the sidelines cheering him on.
                      And if I may say, since I believe these posts were made in regards to SGU, please, please, *please* keep these posts in spoilers. Even if I'm not getting the full details, I can basically come to the conclusion that SGU did not make people happy in regards to our ship. This is just as bad as a spoiler for people who are trying to stay spoiler free. Thanks, guys.

Originally posted by Krissie678 View Post
                      Must not click spoiler buttons...
                      Ditto. Big time.
                      sigpic
                      The Return of King Arthur
                      Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                      acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by dmovies View Post
                        Wow...troll much? Yikes.

I can't think of a single instance in which you can substantiate any of your above points.

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                          I'm in class and freakishly bored. So...catching up...

PLOT BUNNY!!! wheeeeeeeeee!

IMG tag left in to say: Jack would have hit this man just for where he's looking!

Keep your eyes off my girl's six, buddy!

Oh yeah!!!
                          Gotta love them plot bunnies!

You know about those caps where he's looking through the....thing...each one seems to be focused on Sam. I know it's supposed to be focused on what's his name, but it seems that hes looking at her rather then at the guy. Sam seems to be in the middle, (more focused on) while the other guy is on the side, in the corner so and so

Sally totally agree!!!! The mojo might go up and down (and my low mojo is like still pretty medium) but I'll always come back. Because even when I think about wanting to leave, wanting to give up, all I have to do is put in Entity/Heroes/D and C/Grace/Threads...and it pulls me right back in, always

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                          Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                          Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I haven't been feeling very shippy lately, and that's why I'm trying to make more of an effort to be here. The Ship Family can usually bring up my shippy spirits!
                            sigpic
                            Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                              Gotta love them plot bunnies!

You know about those caps where he's looking through the....thing...each one seems to be focused on Sam. I know it's supposed to be focused on what's his name, but it seems that hes looking at her rather then at the guy. Sam seems to be in the middle, (more focused on) while the other guy is on the side, in the corner so and so
                              I always thought he was thinking, "Oh please, it's not Sam. Let it not be Sam. It can't be Sam. It's not Sam. It would never be Sam. Son of a *****, it's...(what's his name!)!. (beat) Whoa buddy, eyes off her six!"

Comment

Hey there fellow shippers! How are things?

So yesterday I received my copy of the reference book Stargate SG-1: Dialing Up which covers Seasons 1 - 5 and it is a great book! Really recommendable! So I made a bee-line for the shippy episodes.

Here's a couple of extracts from the book which I've found to be the shippiest. The most the most significant comment is made for Divide and Conquer...and jumble will like this doubly-so because it's said by her very own Martin Wood:

"What was funny about Divide and Conquer," offers director Martin Wood, "was that whole Jack and Sam thing. It started in Solitudes where they were cuddling up for warmth. I loved the way they delivered that joke so much that I thought, 'We have to do this more often.' So, Into the Fire, O'Neill goes and gets Carter, and she sits up and she's naked. Then in the hallway, when they have to hide and she's too close to him, it's like, 'Wow! I am not supposed to be feeling this.'

"Eventually Brad and Robert decided they really had to get the 'more than colleagues' relationship out of the way. Amanda and Rick were also tired of skirting around that arc. A lot of the fans weren't too keen either, so we decided to knock it on the head.

"Rick and Amanda really loved playing that scene with the forcefield between them, because it's just not the sort of thing that happens on Earth. No human being, to my knowledge, has ever been forced to look at the person they love through a forcefield, knowing that one or both of them is facing imminent death. I just love the way they are nose-to-nose and can't touch each other. Anyway, we got the whole 'feelings' thing out of the way, and I think it was long overdue."

And this from There But For the Grace of God:
                                Things may have seemed like a wacky dream to the team's archaeologist, but for Amanda Tapping it was a dream come true. "I got to have hair!" she laughs. On a more serious note, the actress confides that the farewell scene between the alternative O'Neill and Carter was actually written as a kiss, but says "We looked at each other and said 'Let's make it a hug.'" Tapping suggests, "I actually think the hug was much better than a kiss - to me it conveyed a much deeper level of feeling." Of her co-star she says, "I am so glad we were both on the same page with it. It's not that I didn't want to kiss Richard Dean Anderson - I did want to! Just don't tell anybody."

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                                K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Working...
                                X