This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seahen View Post
    I think GW processors are now trying to figure out if it needs to censer the phrase "Jack's Gun". Must be eating lots of bandwidth.
    *dives from her bed directly into the gutter*

Even my computer is overreacting in here...using 100% of it's CPU suddenly

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
    I read a very plausible explanation for that in SqueeG-1's Christmas story. In fact, when I read her reasoning, I thought, "Dang! I wish I'd written that!" Here's the link, in case you didn't get a chance to read it last month:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3960853/1/Tis_the_Season

Enjoy. Besides the explanation that we've already heard, that she doesn't want anyone to think
    Spoiler:
    she got the Atlantis command, or any other preferential treatment because of Jack's job,
    this is the best explanation I've heard. In fact, I think it's a better explanation.
    Hmm...I think I've read it(it sounds very familiar)
    *reads it again*
    Very sweet And yes, that is a good explanation as well...so many theories we have...

Liked the Evolution talk...and Jack with guns lol!
    Jenn good to see those slides again they make me laugh!

And for everything else...I'm still waking up so...sorry if I'm forgetting something
    sigpic

Comment

Congratulations, Seahen, on 600 posts!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mara-anni View Post
        Hi Melissa!

Just one thing, I thought we didn't need to use spoiler tags for S10 anymore?
        I thought that as well

Only for the movies and S4 SGA...right?

(and hi from me too btw...for once I'm on at the same time as you...)

Congratulations, Seahen, on 600 posts!!!
        Woohoo from me too WTG!
        And congrats all milestoners I missed
        sigpic

Comment

Hi Melissa!

I think we do until it has finished its first airing in syndication. Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong. If I remember correctly, the reason for that is to keep fans who don't have cable from being spoiled until local TV can run the eps on regular broadcast TV.

Of course, I have cable. But Nashville's Channel 5, which has the syndication rights for SG-1 here, ran ep 1007, Counterstrike, tonight...so I think it will be about three more months before we don't have to use spoiler tags for S10.

Again...if I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

EDIT: Well, since it's 5am here, I guess I'd better quit shipping for the night and go to bed before the sun comes up! See ya later, Ship Family!!!

Comment

I think we do until it has finished its first airing in syndication. Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong. If I remember correctly, the reason for that is to keep fans who don't have cable from being spoiled until local TV can run the eps on regular broadcast TV.

Of course, I have cable. But Nashville's Channel 5, which has the syndication rights for SG-1 here, ran ep 1007, Counterstrike, tonight...so I think it will be about three more months before we don't have to use spoiler tags for S10.

Again...if I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

EDIT: Well, since it's 5am here, I guess I'd better quit shipping for the night and go to bed before the sun comes up! See ya later, Ship Family!!!
            I don't know, I only read it once on GW new rules that you didnt had to put it in spoiler tags...but I could be wrong there and just have dreamed it!

Well...if you wait untill they are done with syndication in here...you can wait...1/2 years
            They did show S10 to us once...at 5 am in the mornings

And nighty night Melissa
            sigpic

Comment

I do have one question for the shippers though. This is some of the dialogue from that scene:

So, nice command. (with a soft voice and little smirk)
              Well we did make it back alive
              There is that.

What do the shippers think of this?? I've been trying to work it out for ages, now I actually have people I can ask. To me Jack's "Nice command" comment seemed sincere and in fact deserved coz she did do a good job I thought. She however seems to go on the defensive with her "we did make it out alive" as though she feels she needs to defend her command or something. Did anyone else get that feeling? Then his comment kinda seems like he's accepting her excuse where I didn't think she needed one.

I mean it's wonderfully flirty and I didn't think he was being accusitory at all but I did feel some deffensiveness in her tone. Still the way he looks at her and the smile she gives through her eyelashes and then the lunch invitation. *sweet shippy sigh*
              Actually, I thought Sam was just being modest and maybe still a bit new with the situation. You know, not deffensive but more... uncertain, I guess.

Hi Melissa!

Officially not, but weren't there people who hadn't seen S10 who requwsted there to still be spoilers for that season?
              (I keep forgetting to do so, BTW )
              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Well, there's this:

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                Hi all,

To help kick off the new season of Stargate Atlantis, GateWorld Forum is also kicking off an ExCiTiNg new change in the spoiler policy!

Spoiler warnings and use of the [ spoiler ] tag will remain in effect for the current and future season(s) of the show(s), airing on SCI FI Channel in the U.S., Sky One in the U.K., and Movie Central in Canada. This applies not only up until the episode has aired, but after the episode has aired, until the next season has started.

Spoiler warnings and use of the [ spoiler ] tag are no longer required for last year's episodes, which are new to syndication this year.

So, to recap:

Stargate Atlantis - Season One ... no spoiler warning required
                Stargate Atlantis - Season Two ... no spoiler warning required
                Stargate Atlantis - Season Three ... no spoiler warning required
                Stargate Atlantis - Season Four ... SPOILER WARNING REQUIRED!
                Stargate Atlantis - Season Five ... SPOILER WARNING REQUIRED!

Stargate SG-1 - Seasons One to Nine ... no spoiler warning required
                Stargate SG-1 - Season Ten ... no spoiler warning required
                Stargate SG-1 - Movies ... SPOILER WARNING REQUIRED!

Enjoy the new season!
                That's what I was going with
                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

I wanted to say something else about Evolution. Just about the final scene with the Sam and Jack flirting

snip

I do have one question for the shippers though. This is some of the dialogue from that scene:

So, nice command. (with a soft voice and little smirk)
                  Well we did make it back alive
                  There is that.

What do the shippers think of this?? I've been trying to work it out for ages, now I actually have people I can ask. To me Jack's "Nice command" comment seemed sincere and in fact deserved coz she did do a good job I thought. She however seems to go on the defensive with her "we did make it out alive" as though she feels she needs to defend her command or something. Did anyone else get that feeling? Then his comment kinda seems like he's accepting her excuse where I didn't think she needed one.

I mean it's wonderfully flirty and I didn't think he was being accusitory at all but I did feel some deffensiveness in her tone. Still the way he looks at her and the smile she gives through her eyelashes and then the lunch invitation. *sweet shippy sigh*

I never sensed anything snide/defensive here. I think he's genuinely telling her she did a good job, but he can't be too specific because he wasn't there. I think Sam's just being modest and underplaying her own success. It seems kind of typical of their conversations - very indirect with a lot of looking at each other and not saying much.

I also love this flirty scene. She seems to have a little bounce in her step as they head out the door.

sigpic
                  s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                    Actually, I thought Sam was just being modest and maybe still a bit new with the situation. You know, not deffensive but more... uncertain, I guess.
                    Heehee! Great minds think alike - and at the same time.

sigpic
                    s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Well, there's this:

That's what I was going with
                      Thanks, Nadine! I stand happily corrected!

Now...off to bed...really....

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker View Post
                        Heehee! Great minds think alike - and at the same time.
                        They do indeed...
                        (I was thinking the same when I saw your post )

Thanks, Nadine! I stand happily corrected!

Now...off to bed...really....
                        No problem. I love being the threads over exiting smartass so every now and then
                        (Yes, guys, that was a joke )

sigpic

Comment

Officially not, but weren't there people who hadn't seen S10 who requwsted there to still be spoilers for that season?
                          (I keep forgetting to do so, BTW )
                          Originally posted by sugarshaker View Post
                          I never sensed anything snide/defensive here. I think he's genuinely telling her she did a good job, but he can't be too specific because he wasn't there. I think Sam's just being modest and underplaying her own success. It seems kind of typical of their conversations - very indirect with a lot of looking at each other and not saying much.

I also love this flirty scene. She seems to have a little bounce in her step as they head out the door.
                          Thanks guys, I thought I was probably hearing it wrong.

And she does have a bounce in her step I loe they way they turn together and head off to lunch together. *sigh* I would have loved just to see them sitting there in the comissary *dreamy sigh*
                          sigpic
                          Sig by AstraPerAspera and avatar by SamJackShipLover

Thanks Bekki

Comment

And she does have a bounce in her step I loe they way they turn together and head off to lunch together. *sigh* I would have loved just to see them sitting there in the comissary *dreamy sigh*
                            I love that scene too. And who wouldn't have a bounce in their step, going off to lunch with Jack O'Neill (or RDA for that matter).

Just sayin'

Comment

More Evolution Slides:

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                                More Evolution Slides:

Fantastic. Very creative. And good points all around.

Comment

Working...
                                X