X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mara-anni View Post
    Cool...Um, I guess I'll be looking MINIMI up on wikipedia then

Indeed. In fact in the very 1st ep Jack makes that joke about having to shot anyone who read his book. I think while obviously Hammond has access to his file and probably knows a lot. There would be some missions of Jack's even Hammond can't access.

On another note. Am I alone in liking Burke? I found him really likeable and I kinda wished we could have seen him again. Maybe at a BBQ at Jack's house and SG-1 turns up and he meets Sam and....well you can guess where I'm going with this, Kawalsky was a shipper after all

Oh and can I just say...Jack looks damn FINE in that yellow shirt *drools*
    Well, if you're gonna use it in a fic, I'd recommend going with the M249. The show probably had to use whatever weapons they can get their hands on so that's why Jack is using a British weapon. The US Military would, in actuality use a M249 or a M240. Now, if you're writing about a British team...

Comment

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
      I think the whole incident with Burke goes to show the depth of Jack's integrity...and that, in spite of some of the things he may have had to do, he is, at the heart of it, a good and honest man. The fact that he wouldn't testify falsely just becuse Burke was a buddy speaks a lot to that. Some might argue that they were teammates and should back each other up, no matter what. Jack, though, obviously smelled a rat about the whole incident...and without any corroborating evidence chose to simply state the truth...that he hadn't seen what happened...buddy or not.
      Absolutely. If Jack had known the truth, that the other guy was a traitor, he would have gone to bat for him coz he would have understood.

The thing with Jack is he really IS a very good, kind and honest man. But he often doesn't see that about himself coz of the 'distasteful things' he's had to do. He thinks he's a bad person. Sadly what Jack doesn't realise is the fact that he found those things 'distasteful', the fact that they probably give him nightmares and that he wishes he didn't have to do them, is actually what proves that he's a GOOD man.

Oh absolutely. I mean, his mission is just as--if not more--precarious than hers. She's got Jacob and Teal'c with her...he's got no one. Who knows what could happen.

Please pass the chocolate!
      *rifles through shipper kit* Ah, here it is *Passes dark chocolate to APA*

hehehe...I love Burkes line "Watch you're step.......this isn't Minesotta" and Jacks "watch it." LOL!
      sigpic
      Sig by AstraPerAspera and avatar by SamJackShipLover

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Originally posted by Seahen View Post
        Well, if you're gonna use it in a fic, I'd recommend going with the M249. The show probably had to use whatever weapons they can get their hands on so that's why Jack is using a British weapon. The US Military would, in actuality use a M249 or a M240. Now, if you're writing about a British team...
        (((Seahen))) Thanks. I really should write these down
        sigpic
        Sig by AstraPerAspera and avatar by SamJackShipLover

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Cool...Um, I guess I'll be looking MINIMI up on wikipedia then

Indeed. In fact in the very 1st ep Jack makes that joke about having to shot anyone who read his book. I think while obviously Hammond has access to his file and probably knows a lot. There would be some missions of Jack's even Hammond can't access.

On another note. Am I alone in liking Burke? I found him really likeable and I kinda wished we could have seen him again. Maybe at a BBQ at Jack's house and SG-1 turns up and he meets Sam and....well you can guess where I'm going with this, Kawalsky was a shipper after all

Oh and can I just say...Jack looks damn FINE in that yellow shirt *drools*

LOL...focus, Mara...focus!

And his spanish was pretty good too...

Burke was a little nuts, but funny. Jumping ahead to the end with him for a moment...when Jack says he'll recommend he get a different post and Burke makes a comment about assignment to a place with "women who put out like a broken candy machine", the look on Jack's face is...well, not revolted, exactly, but you can tell that he just doesn't share Burke's enthusiasm on that topic. I really like how they never made Jack into a Lothario...er....Kirk... you can see that shallow, meaningless relationships just aren't his thing.

EDIT: Oh yeah...that Minnesota line...which told me that at one time these two were pretty close.
          sigpic

Comment

(((Seahen))) Thanks. I really should write these down
            You can always ask me later. In fact, any of you fic writers out there, feel free to ask me AF or military questions or what not in reguards to your fics. I don't mind and I hate reading fics with indoor saluting!

EDIT: Mara! Congrats on 3300 posts!

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
              Apophis: Your punishment is to remain in there together for the rest of your lives. You will be tortured with nothing but food, drink, washing facilities, Cable TV and...worst of all...a single bed to share.

Sam: Oh. No. What *ever* did I do to deserve this(?) *just manages to suppress squeal of delight*

Jack: You really must stop this...evil, diabolical-(!)

Apophis: NO!

Jack: Okay. *To himself* Niiiice.

I approve.

Originally posted by Seahen View Post
              Okay, I've been corrected: Bro-in-law tells me its the British version of the SAW, called a MINIMI.
              So... you're telling me Jack's "gun" (thanks LJEvans) is called a Minimi?

*SPLASH!!!*

(Say Minimi as two words rather than letters... you'll get it.)
              sigpic

Comment

Absolutely. If Jack had known the truth, that the other guy was a traitor, he would have gone to bat for him coz he would have understood.

The thing with Jack is he really IS a very good, kind and honest man. But he often doesn't see that about himself coz of the 'distasteful things' he's had to do. He thinks he's a bad person. Sadly what Jack doesn't realise is the fact that he found those things 'distasteful', the fact that they probably give him nightmares and that he wishes he didn't have to do them, is actually what proves that he's a GOOD man.

*rifles through shipper kit* Ah, here it is *Passes dark chocolate to APA*

hehehe...I love Burkes line "Watch you're step.......this isn't Minesotta" and Jacks "watch it." LOL!
                Exactly right about Jack and why he is a good man, in spite of what he may think about himself. And I'm sure that's why he also feels like he can't allow Sam to fall for him...both that he's not worthy of her and that he doesn't want to burden her with who he thinks he is.

*accepts chocolate* Thank you! Hmmm...looks suspiciously like a Tim Tam...
                sigpic

Comment

Well, she did say she wanted to bring the Tok'ra in. It's nice to see Jacob...and it's nice to see him and Sam working together. And yeah...all that mucous and slime...bleech!
                  I know...if I were Jacob I would've ordered that someone throughly scrub and disinfect that suit of armor before I even CONSIDERED putting it on.....YUCK!!!!!!

Originally posted by ljevans View Post
                  You go Jackie! I agree Sam/Cam is NEVER gonna happen. Sam gets along fine with Cam, she likes him well enough, but he grates on her nerves. Just watch anytime Cam starts telling one of his "grandma" stories. And, BTW
                  Spoiler:
                  I have tried to stay spoiler free regarding AoT, but this stupid Sam kissing Cam on the cheek thing is all over the place. Anyway, I don't remember what episode it was but Sam was in the infirmary and Cam brought her macaroons (just like grandma used to make). Sam absolutely HATED the macaroons which would explain why it was something she remembered. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that this scene in questions also involves Sam bringing macaroons to Cam.
                  mmmm....macaroons....I love macaroons....

edit: must be off to bed now

((((family)))))

'nite

Comment

Originally posted by Chocolatequeen View Post
                    I approve.

So... you're telling me Jack's "gun" (thanks LJEvans) is called a Minimi?

*SPLASH!!!*

(Say Minimi as two words rather than letters... you'll get it.)
                    I know. I made my brother-in-law spell it to me before I posted!

And you know, saying Jack's "Weapon" isn't much better.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                      mmmm....macaroons....I love macaroons....
                      I love macaroons too...and I love Cam Mitchell...mmm...Cam Mitchell and macaroons...yummy.

Comment

Shall we say that Jack's weapon is a little bigger than a sidearm, or is that just going too far?
                        sigpic

Comment

i just finished reading the fic someone recced today. i 'think' it was zoser? and i 'think' the title had the word 'gravity' in it. but anyway, the fic (so far) is wonderfully written and gave me shippy sighs. i haven't been feeling that recently, but that's prob because of PMSFROMHELL... well, yeah, so i'm feeling better now.

but the fic was great, even with the end of the world stuff.

and i'm still squeeing from what amanda said in the link (my sweetie!). (and i love amanda's and rick's easy-going friendship )

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Meanwhile...we also have Sam undertaking her mission. Besides being dangerous she's got her dad to worry about.... And she is worried. She doesn't like Selmak's plan about going through that forcefield and she's quite concerned when Jacob is late in getting the shield down. Again, I can't help but notice the difference in their relationship relative to when we first encountered Jacob in Secrets.
                            sigpic

Comment

ROFL, CQ!! x2!

And OT...

Spoiler:
                              Aww, man! LJ is down! And is anyone else having trouble with GW's loading abilities? I think the Jaffa are attacking again. None of the links at the top navagation bar are coming through....

Also, I know it's late, but is anyone available to help me find some direction with an S/J fic I'm writing right now? It's only that none of my writing buddies write S/J or even SG-1 at all, so... There's dancing, and I, for one thing, can't figure out if this should be angst or fluff.
                              sigpic

You ended that sentence with a preposition! You *******!!

Comment

Still...as nice as it is to see Sam and her dad working together, I think it once again underscores the inherent dangers of working too closely on a dangerous mission with someone you care about. Not that we actually see it imparing anyone's judgement...but it certainly has to take an additional personal toll on the people involved. I'm thinking of Jacob in Descent when he can't get the doors open as Sam and Jack are drowning. One has to wonder if his panic at losing his only daughter might have interferred in some way with his ability to concentrate and figure out a way to save them. He does seem to remain fairly focused, but still.... And in a similar vein, Sam probably wouldn't have been so antsy if it had been Teal'c or someone else who was a little overdue getting the shield down...but her dad...I think it made her edgier than normal.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X