X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starlover1990 View Post
    I agree with you there...

Spoiler:
    I really think Jack wasn't there because otherwise atleast someone, and certainly his wife/Sam would have asked for him, or maybe she did that in the off- screen time that passed...i mean we haven't seen every hour of those 2 weeks

And because she didn't got Jack she was desperate and choose another...hmmm...that is an idea...i think...but to much for my brains so early in the morning

but who isn't still

Spoiler:
    squeeing

about LiS

now i have to go to school again, see ya all, sleep good for some people...cus i see they are still awake and it's already very late there
    And other people already a good day
    I know I'm still squeeing!

It's not very late! Just a bit after midnight!

EDIT: Jann!!!!!!! You passed me on posts!
    my lovely avatar is courtesy of Lies, SamJackShipLover

Comment

Originally posted by nogigglingmajor View Post
      I would like to think that the WoO is a hint, but that did that in the commercials for s9...then again we did then get the 'Not exactly' line....maybe there is hope for us yet?
      There's always hope!

**starts singing** I'm hopelessly devoted to you! I'm hopelessly devoted to ship!

Just looked up the lyrics to the song, and I got to say, this song fits us shippers. "I'm just a fool who's willing to sit around and wait for you" Yep, some of us has been sitting around waiting for the RST for ten years. Some shippers have said their "head is saying fool forget him/them" because the PTB won't give us 100% proof they're
      Spoiler:
      sooooooooo married!
      , while some say their "heart is saying don't let go" because we must get the proof soon!

Spoiler:
      Guess mine is not the first heart broken
      My eyes are not the first to cry
      I'm not the first to know there's
      Just no getting over you

You know I'm just a fool who's willing
      To sit around and wait for you
      But baby can't you see there's nothing else for me to do
      I'm hopelessly devoted to you

But now there's no where to hide
      Since you pushed my heart aside
      I'm outta my head hopelessly devoted to you
      Hopelessly devoted to you

My head is saying fool forget him
      My heart is saying don't let go
      Hold on to the end that's what I intend to do
      I'm hopelessly devoted to you

But now there's no where to hide
      Since you pushed my love aside
      I'm outta my head hopelessly devoted to you

Blame the Song tournie thread for getting me singing. And sorry I didn't warn you about my awful singing before I opened my mouth!

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
      Karibou has updated The Torment of Tantalus, YAY. She explaines that she has been pretty sick, that's why it took so long. But now we get 2 new chapters and they are wonderful

Go here

O, and for the newbies. Karibou writes great stories, but some with mature content though, so take a look at the rating.
      Thank you! Must go read story now!
      Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
      Wife Bait.

Basically, Jack intentionally puts on a TV show he doesn't like that Sam loves so she'll come sit down next to him on the sofa. This lets him play with her doohickey's while she's distracted and he's not, and also if he's really lucky she'll try to explain the show to him, which means he gets to play with Doohickey's and watch her mind spin all at the same time.

Which, for Jack O'Neill, is pretty darn perfect.
      **sinks very deep into the gutter** Jenn, isn't this thread suppose to be PG?

Comment

Night everyone!

I even beat Jena to bed!

I finally get to watch RNT tomorrow. It sounds like a fantastic ep, then The Shroud is next week!

Shippy dreams!
        my lovely avatar is courtesy of Lies, SamJackShipLover

Comment

Originally posted by SamO'Neill View Post
          Night everyone!

I even beat Jena to bed!

I finally get to watch RNT tomorrow. It sounds like a fantastic ep, then The Shroud is next week!

Shippy dreams!
          I'm going to bed! I so can't wait to see TRNT. Sounds excellent! *can't believe she is going to bed this early* Night all!

Comment

lol hippy-shipper! **i'm imagining that right now**

And always the love
            Yeah, imagine a long haired girl, with hippy clothes, flowers in her hair, holding up images of Sam and Jack, spreading love and smoking... Well, no smoking weed. (I know how some people think about the dutch and weed... Don't want to confirm THAT image ) Anyway, you get the picture...

Oh, no time for MQ here, so here goes:

GREAT TRNT POST GUYS! Love you all (see? more love )
            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
            Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
              EDIT: yes, chelle, I am this talkative in real life
              Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
              Gemini of the world, unite! (which would be rather loud, I think, in RL):

The Twins
              May 22 to June 21

Traditional
              Gemini traits

Adaptable and versatile
              Communicative and witty
              Intellectual and eloquent
              Youthful and lively

I wonder how many of us who tend to... go on... are Gemini?
              I tend to be very talkative...once I start I don't stop...but I'm not Gemini...I'm a Virgonian...
              Originally posted by cess525 View Post
              GEMINI here My kindergarden report card made comment to the fact that once I started talking you couldn't get me to shut up. I'm not so bad on the internet only because my mouth can't talk as fast as my hands.
              Hehe...never went to knider but my school reports all said the same thing..."Michelle talks to much during class time and is a distraction to others"...man...the amount of times a teacher has written that about me is...astronomical!!
              Originally posted by UhSir View Post
              *slowly stands up* My birthday is May 29 and I'm a gabaholic.
              My son's birthday is the 29th of May...cool...when we were having him there was an increased chance of having twins because we used fertility drugs...all through the pregnancy we thought it might have been twins coz I was soooo huge...Tom was 9lb3oz...and his name means twin..and I can tell you...he is a Gemini through and through!! Sorry bout going OT...but once I started to type...it's like my mouth...couldn't shut up...hehe!!...my brother used to call me MOTS...Mouth Of The South...cheeky bugger that he is...he's worse than me!!

Well...I didn't have much time tonight to post like I did yesterday...thanks to all who posted about TRNT...can't wait to see it...
              Spoiler:
              I'm not worried about our ship coz it was AR after all....and IMSM...she didn't have to ask about Jack...it didn't matter coz he was back in her reality waiting for her...and she wasn't worried about it...I reackon given enough time she would have asked about him...and Cassie...nope...not gonna worry about it...I feel confident that the fishing password is confirmation that they are soooo married...or together.

Well I'm off...got homework to start...and kids need to be organised...they go back to school next Wednesday...yay!!!
              Thanks everyone...goodnight ship family...take care, be safe and stay happy...and don't forget to hug your loved ones!!
              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Me me me i m a Gemini native
                6th of the 6th!!
                "Imagination is more important than knowledge"

sig by RepliCartertje
                http://stargatesg1.com/QueenBee
                http://www.myspace.com/madame_minx

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                  spoilers for 'line in the sand' and 'the road not taken'

Spoiler:
                  and seriously, from what ppl are saying, there was nothing anti s/j, even with the ausam's mental instabilty of marrying a mckay. but OUR sam, according to spoilers, was horrified by the idea, so yay!

i shouldn't let this get to me, but i'm bothered by this as a jack/rda fan too...

but i'm still squeeing on our 'fishing' line! (hey, great pun, eh? and it worked, because we were reeled in, hook, line, and sinker )

sally

Spoiler:
                  the idea of sam married to mckay made me laugh . i enjoyed last night's episode

sig by starlover1990

Comment

NO....where is mommy to protect me**cries**

lol and now everybody knows your evil...so watch out for her**points too MegYn**

you say
                    HAVE NOT SEEN SPOILERS OF RnT: So keep that in mind when you read this and be nice...

Spoiler:
                    big plan, that tptb has, but when are they going to do that then...in undending? I just hope that with Jack around we get some resolution, because i would love to see it from both sides then just from Sams side to hear that they are married ...
                    So i'm gonna be optimistic...as always...and kee hoping for some good scenes between S/J...but i don't count on it, just like you...but i already sasid that...didn't i?
                    I don't know. I just really can't believe everybody associated with the show is as stupid and clueless as they suddenly seem. So...given that... the only real alternative is that they're being sneaky and clever. I guess it all depends of your over all opinion of SG1 S1-9, 'cause as much as we like to think otherwise, its the people who conceived of, built, and set sail to the ship who are still in charge of it... But like I said, maybe Bridge has a lead-in-water problem. You never know.
                    Originally posted by GateGirl422 View Post
                    Welcome home! I've stopped going to anti Amanda/ anti Sam threads because it really hurts to read some of the remarks posted there. I like the families I belong to, even though we don't always agree on everything, at least we know we're not gonna get shafted for saying something different. Stick around, we'll soon cheer you up
                    Yeah. It's like the old joke: 'Doctor, it hurts when I do this.' "Then stop doing that..." Exactly.
                    Originally posted by nihela
                    Well everyone is entitled to an opinion so here's mine
                    I think it's for people like you that TPTB decided to ship AT/Sam to Atlantis next season - Hope you get your Sodney
                    Just because one likes the way exploring different aspects of characters through AUs or through (failed.. hehehe) relationships with others does not mean one ships for them with others. It just means you might find the character ramifications shown through those episodes.

Official enjoyer of 100 Days, Chimaera and Affinity and darned proud
                    My mom just sent me a message. Not only is it hotter than Hades back in South Africa (well it's 9pm there now and she just got out of the swimming pool for the umpteenth time!), but she also just watched "Fail Safe".
                    That's right, MeyGyn. You're a reformed one of those Seasonally Challenged people who seem to think it's Summer in January... There's a foot of snow on my car atm FCOL!

*ducks*
                    Originally posted by Zoser View Post
                    Totally agree!
                    The introduction could have been nasty and hostile. Instead I see this instant spark between them and have always wanted to see the wrestle!
                    If you read the CoG novelization, which was supposedly based largely on the script and not the finished product, the scene where Jack and Sam meet seems very hostile. So I've often wondered if TPTB weren't planning on a more adversarial relationship than what they got. Although, they did cast AT as Sam, and they had to have seen the spark in the auditions. So who knows? Maybe last minute change of direction?...

And this is Jennifer officially signing off the Thread (and most of the Internet) until after I see RnT. I would like to remain relatively spoiler-free on this one, though lovely Jena did give me the perfect spoiler with an accidental [spoiler]sqqqquuuueeee on YIM last night, which may mean I'm going into this episode far better to enjoy it since I've enjoyed ANY SG-1 for a long, long time <sigh>...[spoiler]

So if you don't see me around here or YIM for another 12 or so hours, y'all will know why

Comment

Morning shippers! Don't you guys ever sleep LoL! I woke up this morning, and there was a white blanket outside! Snow everywhere, woo hoo. I wanted to go outside and play, throw things at kids and old people. *evil MegYn*

RNT stuff
                      Originally posted by scifi_girl View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      the idea of sam married to mckay made me laugh . i enjoyed last night's episode
                      Spoiler:
                      Me too, I didn't feel threatened at all, I found it quite hysterical actually. A good laugh. And I am much happier with having the "fishing" line from LitS. Bring on "The Shroud"
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shesmetet View Post

ROFLMAO I've never heard of that, instead I had the image in my head of.. (in spoilers, cos it's rude!)
                        Spoiler:

Jack walking past Sam, stark naked, asking if she's seen his fishing tackle anywhere? *laughing hard, and choking, at the thought of the word tackle/wife-bait* Mind you my boyfriend has walked past me stark naked when I'm on the computer, and I don't even notice when I'm fiddling with my own "doohickey".
                        **has to dig deeper in the gutter because the gutter isn't as deep as Michelle as part Sam with this comment**

Originally posted by cess525 View Post
                        GEMINI here My kindergarden report card made comment to the fact that once I started talking you couldn't get me to shut up. I'm not so bad on the internet only because my mouth can't talk as fast as my hands.
                        My report cards always said: Doesn't talk enough. My mother's reply: Wait until next year, her sister nevers stops.

And while on the topic of Zodiacs . . . **drum rolls** . . . I'm a Cancer.
                        Traditional
                        Cancer Traits

Emotional and loving
                        Intuitive and imaginative
                        Shrewd and cautious
                        Protective and sympathetic

Also, many Cancerians are night owls. (Yep, so true! It's about 6am here and haven't been to bed yet)

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
                        The Road Not Taken. Full Summary for the Ship Family! MAJOR SPOILERS!

Spoiler:

The Road Not Taken
                        Sam Lab’s – Cam walks into a force-shield. Sam is running experiments on Merlin’s device to extend the area out of phase. Cam mentions that the latest sighting on Daniel by the Jaffa was a false alarm but Teal’c is back and they can go over the report. He wants to go for lunch but she wants to run another test. He watches from the observation window. Sam activates the device. She disappears. There is a strange sound and she makes an adjustment to the generator. A pinkish haze sucks her into another universe. Cam radios through for her to come back; no reply. She is knocked out. When she comes to she is in a lab which has blast damage, sirens are going off and she is met by Dr Lee who calls her Major and Major Lorne who claims he is the leader of SG1. Hammond is leading the SGC; Lorne briefs him. He tells Lorne to find their Carter.

Sam is being interviewed by Lorne. She tells him the difference between dimensions and universes. He tells her that Daniel was captured by the Ori several weeks before. Mitchell left the military after Antarctica. Teal’c went back to the Jaffa years before and Vala is in a cell at Area 51. She gives up asking for people and asks to see the footage of what happened to her counterpart. Hammond who is watching her on a video monitor agrees.

<snip>
                        Thanks for that Rach! And thanks to everyone else who has given us spoilers!

Originally posted by SamO'Neill View Post
                        Good work on the ficathon entry! Jenn had hers done waay back in December. You are both overachievers!

OT:
                        Spoiler:
                        Hermione and Snape??????

And I can see the Hermione/Ron, but I just prefer her with Harry.

And don't get me started on Ginny.
                        OT:
                        Spoiler:
                        Yes, Hermione and Snape, silly! Snape needs love too! Not to mentioned, some of the best HP fanfiction I've read belongs to that ship.
                        Spoiler:

Don't they look cute together?

Okay, and to be OnT:

Comment

Morning shippers! Don't you guys ever sleep LoL! I woke up this morning, and there was a white blanket outside! Snow everywhere, woo hoo. I wanted to go outside and play, throw things at kids and old people. *evil MegYn*

RNT stuff

Spoiler:
                          Me too, I didn't feel threatened at all, I found it quite hysterical actually. A good laugh. And I am much happier with having the "fishing" line from LitS. Bring on "The Shroud"
                          I'm afraid to look outside to see how much snow has fallen. When I came home from work last night, it was just starting to snow.

Well, good morning! I must get to bed soon. And just when I caught up with the thread.

Comment

Morning Guys

hope your all feeling shippy(I know, I know when do we not feel shippy LOL)
                            I watched TRNT last night...Another great Sam/AT ep My only disappointment, spoilers for TRNT coming up:
                            Spoiler:

There was no mention of Jack but hey like many people said its only AU so..

And if there is a shipper plane off to Vancouver count me in... great fic idea though...imagine the trouble we could cause and the fun we'd have of course

I'm off to make my very first bowl of BLUE JELLO yay! can't wait to taste it

Julia x
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

*waves* Hi everybody! I haven't been here for a while as I've been to a Farscape fan weekend thing called TaScape. Have I missed anything earthshattering or important? There have been at least 25 pages of posts since I was last here (at 50 posts a page that's a lot -- too much to catch up on).

Comment

Good morning afternoon all.

I see there has been quite a lot of discussion re RNT.

Having had some time to think about it, I'm actually very happy from a ship perspective with last couple of weeks in S10.

RNT and LTS spoilers...
                                Spoiler:

Given both were written by AM, Sam-centric and scheduled to air one after another, I'm almost looking at them as a tenuous two-parter and in terms of the ship that's not bad...quite honestly, I think we were given the 'fishing' in LTS to completely counterbalance even the suggestion of the McKay/marriage idea in RNT, and given how that marriage is handled in the AU (divorce, Sam's own reactions to it and McKay), we got a much better deal really in the last two episodes than Sam/Rodney shippers (although Sam/Vala fans definitely came off best overall with the hug ).

My only real bug-bear is that they don't mention Jack in RNT. I can accept the formula of sum[no-Jack-mention + mention-of-fishing] = happy shipper/viewer in LTS. Really, the fishing password is as good as mentioning Jack. It balances out.

But RNT is AU; there is a scene with Lorne where Sam is trying to find someone to speak to who may be more receptive to listening to her. It makes sense that she would ask for the immediate members of her team first but it would make sense for her then to move on to senior members of the Stargate programme instead of giving up as she does; it just doesn't feel right - not only because she doesn't ask for Jack at that point but she doesn't even ask for Landry who is the other conceivable person she would ask for.

In thinking about it (a lot), I assume that they wanted to keep Landry-as-president as a reveal moment in the script hence why Sam stops asking for people outside her team and as they didn't have her mentioning Landry, they then couldn't have her mentioning Jack who is arguably senior to Landry/ or a peer. So, I don't think this was is a conspiracy that Sam-should-never-mention-Jack-because-we-might-inadvertently-ship in RNT, I think it was rooted in the dynamics of the script and the story re Landry-as-president.

However, that scene just doesn't work for me because despite the fact that the SG1 team she knows doesn't exist in the AU and have all ended up elsewhere (which the episode implies is the reason why Sam stopped asking as though she realised anyone she asked for just wouldn't be available to her in the AU), I still think Sam would have asked for Landry and would have asked for Jack before she gave up on asking for people.

Still, overall, the quality of the last three episodes have been tremendous. Happy viewer.

Can I make the following plea about next week's episode, The Shroud?

Please do NOT get your hopes up. Assume we'll get nothing. Anything we do get then will be a bonus.

I know some people are looking to The Shroud for resolution and big shippiness to make up for the drought of S9 as Jack actually makes an appearance but I really fear you're in for a major fall given what we know of the storyline with the spoilers released to date.

Believe me when I say I hope I'm wrong but I worry about those of you pinning hopes to this episode.

Whether we should get something or not is a different question; I agree I think we should given loyalty to the programme but I'm not expecting TPTB to serve up a Sam/Jack BHK/resolution if it doesn't fit with the story. If they do I might actually have to squee...
                                Last edited by Rachel500; 24 January 2007, 03:32 AM. Reason: Well it was morning when I started writing it
                                sigpic
                                Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                                My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Working...
                                X