This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by waterfall
    I'm still here, though usually I lurk but today I'm feeling chatty...

waterfall
    I noticed, and Ship Nana, too!

BTW, where can I find the article about the ocean pollution. I was going to copy it and read it at my leisure, but it slipped my mind.

Or maybe that was another Fla. poster who posted that article.
    Last edited by Gatetrixer; 08 July 2006, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Just wanted to throw my two cents into the conversation before it becomes silly to do so.

I haven't actually watched any of S9, because I told myself that I would be quite content to believe the show ended at S8 with the "proper" team intact. As a long-time obsessive fan, that satisfies me greatly, and I'm very happy.

That said, I have kept up with the episodes and really... I'm not happy with the way they're going. I sometimes wonder if they couldn't have just had some spin-off series if they were so desperate to re-create Farscape.

I'll watch the 200th episode because it sounds fun, although I don't expect to enjoy much because I really don't like BB. But that's not something to go into now. (Although I love Claudia Black and was a big fan of Vala when she was in S8.)

Anyway, just my thoughts, I hope they're not totally redundant.

Brooke xx

Comment

hi replicarter, i think you made some very good points. and your right. this is a great thread where everyone knows they can go to share their opinions or their fics/vids or other work and know that they are going to be understood and their opinion respected. i really enjoy this thread because of that

sig made by Samjackshiplover
        http://www.myspace.com/docker22

Comment

I like ship - in its many personnas. I PREFER Sam/Jack ship, but can get a kick out of flirting in other corners. (Daniel/Vala comes to mind.)

Speaking of Vala - I like her - she's refreshing. And until someone mentioned it, I hadn't really thought about how much her irreverence reminded me of Jack.

BTW - The Devil Wears Prada was a lot of fun. Definitely a chick flick, so don't expect to take the hubster. The "fat girl" wears a size 6!!!!! grrr From someone who's in a size 8...
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
            I noticed, and Ship Nana, too!

BTW, where can I find the article about the ocean pollution. I was going to copy it and read it at my leisure, but it slipped my mind.

Or maybe that was another Fla. poster who posted that article.

I posted this one about the junk they dumped in the gulf in 2003:

http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/sptimes/...+dumped+deeper

and it's effects:

http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/sptimes/...life+from+gulf

Hope that's what you're looking for.

and to be on-topic:
            I wanna see real S/J ship this season!!

waterfall

Comment

Ah, better.... I've been thinking....trying to be positive about S10, trying to understand the anti-shippers(which I just can't), trying to understand why TPTB do what they do...

Needless to say, I'm confused. Gonna go watch some shippy eps so my brain will turn to mush and I won't have to think anymore...

Comment

Great points Gatetrixer.It is really been tough for me with the thread soo positive when I see no reason to be positive.It's been the same BS IMO from the Actors and TPTB.Some days there comments sounds all positive and the next day they will be negative regarding the Sam/Jack Ship.I'm not sure if there is a place for me any longer on the thread.I don't have the patience for these shows anymore when they drag everything out and you have to wait years for a resolution.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                  Great points Gatetrixer.It is really been tough for me with the thread soo positive when I see no reason to be positive.It's been the same BS IMO from the Actors and TPTB.Some days there comments sounds all positive and the next day they will be negative regarding the Sam/Jack Ship.I'm not sure if there is a place for me any longer on the thread.
                  Why wouldn't there not be a place for you anymore?? I mean if you are negative that doesn't matter... It is not because I am positive (well I try to be) that you can't be negative, but you have to understand that we will try you to see it from the positive side.
                  Is it because of what I posted that you don't want to come to the thread anymore? cause it wasn't personal. I just said what I was thinking about it. How I feel about everything.

Comment

That's your opinion.IMO It's also a shame the way TPTB treated the Shippers.IMO it's also a shame when a show tries to continue just to make every last dime.IMO it's also a shame to bring in characters like Mitchell and Vala.The ratings were never a problem when RDA was on the show and there was Sam/Jack Ship.That's a fact.
                    i do agree with you i do think in some ways it would have been nice to have ended it in season eight. i never watched season nine simply because i wasn't able to, although i have nothing personal against the new actors, it is a hard act for them to follow trying to step into eight year old shoes. for me personally i thought the show lost something when RDA left because he brought a humour to the show. i am hoping to watch season ten to see if it gets any better, especially since season nine was a bit of an exploratory year for all the changes brought in. and yeah tptb really should look at the way they've been treating the ship, its getting silly. i hope we'll get some nice news from the guys at shore leave. **ahem** rant over!!!

sig made by Samjackshiplover
                    http://www.myspace.com/docker22

Comment

Great points Gatetrixer.It is really been tough for me with the thread soo positive when I see no reason to be positive.It's been the same BS IMO from the Actors and TPTB.Some days there comments sounds all positive and the next day they will be negative regarding the Sam/Jack Ship.I'm not sure if there is a place for me any longer on the thread.I don't have the patience for these shows anymore when they drag everything out and you have to wait years for a resolution.
                      Oh, Ses, please think hard about leaving us, but know that if you do that the door is always open. I understand about it being difficult to stay positive. That's one of the reasons I avoid the spoilers. But I hope you don't feel compelled by us to only speak of roses and sunshine and not what you are truly feeling. This is a discussion and discussions quickly become boring if there are no differing views. Your views are valued and considered. Different points of view foster thought and reflection and help move forward the views and thoughts of others.

If this has ceased to be a place of pleasure and relaxation for you or has moved beyond that into one of tension and anxiety then for your sake you must make the best decision for you. But know that you would be missed.

Comment

why isn't there any news from shore leave!?!

k, done freaking out.

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                          why isn't there any news from shore leave!?!
                          They're all having fun! Wish I was there...there had better be news tonight! Photo ops were today, I hear.

Comment

Amanda's signing autographs right now.

Comment

I'm getting a *little* better at this using my lappy...
                              Spoiler:

Hope you like.
                              Nola
                              sigpic

Comment

Carmen & Amanda are doing a Q&A Sunday from 1 to 2 PM EST

Comment

Working...
                                X