This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ses110
    Mary your right about Season 10 being the worst for the Show.We may be in for alot worse.JM mentioned there will be alot more Vala next Year.Does anyone at SciFi have a clue?I know this is not the work of TPTB.This has SciFi written all over it.I hate to say this because I'am a Man but this is what happens when you have all Men and no Women working on SG-1.I'am really worried about what this means for AT and the Sam character.I'am sure over half the Season will be about Vala
    Spoiler:
    the Baby
    and Daniel and the rest of SG-1 will not say a word about Jack.I hope I'am wrong but it may be tough to get RDA to appear the way things are going.If RDA does come back it may be because of the Fans and AT mostly.
    Ya'll should visit the anti-season 9 thread, there were some very snarky comments posted yesterday about
    Spoiler:
    how Vala's baby would be used in season 10.
    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
      wow some of you here really hate the new SG-1, don't you? And don't want a season 10..

Didn't expect that from so many people
      Erised - don't suddenly show up on a thread and imply that you're angry with us personally. I agree with Parsifal...everyone's entitled to their own opinion...you voiced yours in a not too diplomatic way however. I found your post quite insulting. What? Should we give unconditional support to TPTB so that they can kick us in the teeth again? And our expectations are nothing to do with you, so making it sound like you're dissappointed by us doesn't really mean a lot. I don't like SG1 anymore...and it ain't just the ship...in fact the ship is a tiny part of my reason for disliking it. I don't like the new Daniel, or Vala or Landry. I don't like the Ori, or the in-your-face innuendo (give us back our subtlety anyday) or the whole Jaffa Nation thing, or the plot holes as big as the Iris or basically everything on the show anymore. It's only redeeming features are AT, CJ, BB and LD's exceptional acting skills.

Anywho...dontcha think it's odd that JM's out of the loop, and that he seems quite apathetic to s10 himself, AND that he doesn't seem to be a big fan of the Ori AND that he's apologised to the shippers for the lack of ship AND (Ilike typing and in big letters ) that he's been discussing that he might not want to go back to the show...do you think there may be more change in the air than just the SG1 lineup?

Just speculation
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

WELCOME BACK MG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((Big shipper huggles for ya )))))))))))))))))
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by florence
          Okay, everyone calm down...

First, welcome back mad_gater and other ones I could have missed !
          Welcome to the newbies too !

Now, about that season 10... I don't know what to think about it yet, especially since I haven't seen all the S9 eps...
          Some of us like this season 9, others think it's the worst. Some of us think Vala is funny, others hate her. Some of us miss RDA... okay, all of us miss RDA !
          But what brings us here together is our attachment to Sam and Jack. Let's not forget that...
          We had 8 seasons, we have vids and fics. If we don't like where the show is going, then let's stop watching it and remember what we had : 8 years of Sam and Jack.
          I understand that some people can be upset, and I understand too that other people don't like to see their favorite show criticized... So let's agree that we disagree on that point and let's go back to what brought us here : SJ ship !

You know, what amazes me the most is that even this year, with no ship at all (cause now we know for sure we won't have any), there are still people joining this thread... It must mean something !
          Thanks Florence-you took the words right out of my mouth (or off my keyboard, I suppose!)

Everyone has a right to their own opinion and to watch season 9/10 or not as they see fit.

If nothing else happens ship-wise in the series, then I will be re-watching seasons 1-8...a lot. In fact that's what I've been doing for the past few weeks. Watching every episode in order (even the ship-desert that was season 5). I''ve just finished season 6.
          always and forever
          My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
          My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Originally posted by jafacakes
            ((((( OMA )))) Welcome back. I think some of us were wondering if you had baby no 6 already
            The news about S10 is that it is defenitly a go ahead and is generating mixed feelings amongst the shipper family.
            Mmmm. Just skipped back a few pages, read JM's recent comments and checked out the blog and GW news. As always, the shipper family sees things from every angle - the good, the bad and the ugly In the end it's the good that brings us together.

They are together, and as long as I don't see anything on the show that says they're not, I'm gonna be a happy camper, er, fisher? er whatever Joe has said all along there wasn't going to be any ship in S9 - but we're still getting the odd comment thrown in. To me that's all bonus stuff.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
              Anywho...dontcha think it's odd that JM's out of the loop, and that he seems quite apathetic to s10 himself, AND that he doesn't seem to be a big fan of the Ori AND that he's apologised to the shippers for the lack of ship AND (Ilike typing and in big letters ) that he's been discussing that he might not want to go back to the show...do you think there may be more change in the air than just the SG1 lineup?

Just speculation
              Yes, I did think that was odd. Having read most of his blogs and some of his thread, I did feel the apathy quite strongly. Which I was quite surprised about bearing in mind the emphasis of most of the cast and crew on how great the new stuff is. (I haven't got an opinion on s9 yet as I haven't seen any of it-haven't got Sky.)

Maybe JM just feels that after 5 years on the same show, it's time to move on.
              always and forever

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                They are together, and as long as I don't see anything on the show that says they're not, I'm gonna be a happy camper, er, fisher? er whatever Joe has said all along there wasn't going to be any ship in S9 - but we're still getting the odd comment thrown in. To me that's all bonus stuff.
                (((Oma)). That's exactly how I feel about it!
                always and forever

Comment

Wow...alot of opinions being expressed in the last 24 hours. I'm rather gray today...not sure how I feel about things. I haven't particulary enjoyed S9 of SG1, but yet, I've watched each episode that's aired in the US thus far. It was better after Sam returned. I guess I'll watch the rest of S9. S10 is ok too--for the most part. Although if I do miss an episode, I don't think I'll be in the frantic state I was in before.

I guess I'm suffering the most because things have changed.
                  Spoiler:
                  We have new characters, new storylines and no Jack. What's worse is we have no explanation of why there is no Jack.
                  I have to blame TPTB for leaving such a gaping hole in the storyline and subsequently in my heart and the heart of other shippers.

So, if people are angry, I can agree with them. If they're sad, I'm sad too. If you like the new episodes, good for you. I just can't quite come to grips with it yet--and I may not ever.
                  -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                    but seriously folks-anybody really surprised that there will be no s/j ship this season??? at least we got a straight answer this time instead of vague-non committal tripe. which is what we usually get.

I have said this before to various peoples-so forgive me for repeating-i felt sam and jack to be a bonus-I tuned in becuz of the stories in general.

However, if the backhalf of season 9 does not blow me away-then whether there is a 10 or not won't matter for me anymore. I have watched through increasingly bad to worse episodes and story lines, the destruction of a strong female character (can anyone really not say that Sam has become the scifi whore?/patsy-re: see the spoilers for Stronghold) and the fast and loose with what regulations they will adhere to and which they won't (see Stronghold spoilers again)-whether they renew or not Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis both are teetering on the edge with me and frankly I am leaning towards the "pigs will become Kosher AND Fly before I watch season 10"
                    I am not really surprised at no J/S ship, but I was hoping for a phone call or two.

Yeah, I wasn't too happy with the spoilers from Stronghold. All these years she wouldn't break the
                    Spoiler:
                    fraternization reg with Jack, but she confesses she might have eventually told Pete and Jacob about the Stargate without permission. Well, Jacob was on his death bed and Pete wouldn't have stuck around, so her statement to Cam is kinda meaningless except to make point out that she might divluge top secret information to unauthorized personnel if it interfered with her personal life. I am scared to think what else these guys have in store for Sam.

As for Season 10, I am not liking what I am hearing. I don't think I can handle
                    Spoiler:
                    Vala and the baby plot.
                    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                      Erised - don't suddenly show up on a thread and imply that you're angry with us personally. I agree with Parsifal...everyone's entitled to their own opinion...you voiced yours in a not too diplomatic way however. I found your post quite insulting. What? Should we give unconditional support to TPTB so that they can kick us in the teeth again? And our expectations are nothing to do with you, so making it sound like you're dissappointed by us doesn't really mean a lot. I don't like SG1 anymore...and it ain't just the ship...in fact the ship is a tiny part of my reason for disliking it. I don't like the new Daniel, or Vala or Landry. I don't like the Ori, or the in-your-face innuendo (give us back our subtlety anyday) or the whole Jaffa Nation thing, or the plot holes as big as the Iris or basically everything on the show anymore. It's only redeeming features are AT, CJ, BB and LD's exceptional acting skills.

Just speculation
                      I wouldn't be surprised if AT left. It just seems that Sam Carter just doesn't fit into the New revamped SG-1. Their writing is more in line with a Vala character than a Sam Carter. It doesn't take much research or skill to write sexual innuendos.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                        I wouldn't be surprised if AT left. It just seems that Sam Carter just doesn't fit into the New revamped SG-1. Their writing is more in line with a Vala character than a Sam Carter. It doesn't take much research or skill to write sexual innuendos.
                        Actually, I'm leaning toward preferring that AT does leave the show, maybe to come back for the occassional guest shot when the storyline needs Sam's brilliance. But, so far Sam seems to be a fifth wheel. Let Sam go off to Area 51 or back to the Pentagon and have plenty of spare time for cuddling up with Jack.

Bucky

Comment

I gave up on season 9 after the third ep. Some people say I quit too soon...but I loved Stargate SG-1 from the beginning. If I can't like season 9 from the beginning, it seems wrong to me. I don't have a problem with people liking it, I just...I didn't even recognize Daniel. And I loved Daniel, he was like a kid brother to me... Okay so hell he reminded me of my kid sister. She's a teenager and she's got this young Jackson thing going on with her Latin books and thing for mythology. But I digress. I just miss the team like hell, and I can't bear the show w/out all of them. So I started watching Atlantis finally, which I avoided as long as I could because I'm paranoid about spin-off's... And I liked season 8. I liked Threads, and Moebius and the way they end with the team together and Sam and Jack together. Maybe the team was there, but Sam and Jack were set apart, they were FISHING they were finally where they'd avoided going all those years and what the hell, that makes me happy

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                            Do you think it applies to ship fans too? I hope this isn't an omen! I've got 1 boy and 4 girls - what's the betting this one's gonna be a girl too

Hi everyone! Carolina PM'd me and I suddenly realised it been weeks since I was here! How did that happen? I've missed over 70 pages I've read every word posted since I joined the thread until now

Judging from this page, I've missed something big about S10 so I'm gonna go hunt it out ....
                            I had 1 boy and 4 girls too. Then the last one (last, do you hear me? Last!!) was a boy, so you never know!

Anyway I can't find any info on CB being pregnant, maybe people are confused with
                            Spoiler:
                            Vala's pregnancy.
                            sig by PM

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                              It's weird that JM didn't know they were going to announce the renewal of SG-1. on GW yesterday. GW mentioned Cooper and Woods coming back but didn't mention JM. Maybe he's out of the loop because he isfighting for the ship and TPTB want to get rid of it.
                              Posted this last night! Something is up guys. The atmosphere is completely different from NJ con and Comic Con. Don Davis is retiring after he said in August he would continue to do Stargate as long as they ask him. (look at _Anubis interview), JM says he might be moving on and doesn't even know the announcement about the show being renewed. I think SCFI and NBC have a lot to do with these changes and some of the writters are going along and some are not! Time to email you displeasures ladies and gentleman: [email protected] or send letter to SCI FI MAGAZINE-128 BAYER ROAD, HEDGESVILLE, WV 25427.. Also send comments and questions to [email protected]
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Queen Eleta
                                I had 1 boy and 4 girls too. Then the last one (last, do you hear me? Last!!) was a boy, so you never know!

Anyway I can't find any info on CB being pregnant, maybe people are confused with
                                Spoiler:
                                Vala's pregnancy.
                                From what I understand someone posted the announcement without CB approval. It was removed and we were told by one of the mods not to refer to it. Whether it is true or not, I don't know. I have not seen an official announcement.

Rogue

Comment

Working...
                                X