Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it has been a loooong time since I "chimed" in but was reading on the site tonite and saw seveal responsed dealing with good fanfics and decided to add my two cents worth.

I agree with everyone who has recommended "Twilight" by Gail Delaney - when I want to have a feel good time - it is one of my favorites.

Congratulations to Shiaw Mei Mei - have loved all of your stories and was glad to see that my votes did count in the long run fro the Stargate awards.

I also want to strongly, and I mean extremely strongly (it's late - I'm tired - a little leeway on the bad grammer here, please) recommed another story that also won in the Stargate awards. It can be found on fanfiction.net along with the sequel. It is by MissAnnThropic and the orginal story is "Thyself Unknown" and the sequel is "Know Thyself". It is a "Beneath the Surface" episode story follow-up and one that I check on every day for new chapters.

There are others that I really enjoy too but after reading some of the previous messages, there a some new ones I need to go check out. I had beter sign off here - short weekend over now and work day ahead tomorrow.

Comment

WELCOME (BACK?) WWWEDNESDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

To be honest...I couldn't care less about a season ten...the only thing that's going to keep me (and my RL gater friends and my parents...papa...work colleagues...uni colleagues) tuned in, is the hope of some decent stories in the latter half of the season. Almost everyone I know has stopped watching, and I no longer have to option of seeing season nine...my mum and dad both proclaimed Avalon 1 and 2
      Spoiler:
      utter tripe. My mum thought the burning scene was absolutely vile and was just meant to shock
      therefor...they have no desire to tune in for part three...and that goes for most of the people I know. I wish they'd just cancel SG1 and keep going with Atlantis, which, in my opinion has more of the SG1 feel to it than SG1...plus quite a nice shippy thing going on with Sheppard and Weir...and it has Beckett and his beloved chair...

Sorry...was that an anti-SG1 rant?
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

hey folks

so martin wood leaked that season 10 has been picked up but no mention of cast which i think is the worrying bit, i mean so far not that impressed with s9 and i think if they loose a major cast member it will be too weird.
        anybody know when the officialy announcement will be??

Comment

Irishchick - where's the s10 leak? Martin Wood has spoken about the movie (which I don't think he was supposed to) but I haven't heard anything about s10...But...in light of JM's comments...do you think it might be a fair assessment to say that he might be parting company with them...

just my opinion...NOT FACT
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
            Guys Iit ain't ov er until the fat lady sings" or "until SCIFI cancels us". But Firefly was cancelled, Stat Trek was cancelled, FARSCAPE was cancelled. They all got movies so just hang on to your shipper cookies because I think we will be in, for a rollacoaster ride of ups and downs but it will turn around if we continue to be thorns in their sides!
            but seriously folks-anybody really surprised that there will be no s/j ship this season??? at least we got a straight answer this time instead of vague-non committal tripe. which is what we usually get.

I have said this before to various peoples-so forgive me for repeating-i felt sam and jack to be a bonus-I tuned in becuz of the stories in general.

However, if the backhalf of season 9 does not blow me away-then whether there is a 10 or not won't matter for me anymore. I have watched through increasingly bad to worse episodes and story lines, the destruction of a strong female character (can anyone really not say that Sam has become the scifi whore?/patsy-re: see the spoilers for Stronghold) and the fast and loose with what regulations they will adhere to and which they won't (see Stronghold spoilers again)-whether they renew or not Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis both are teetering on the edge with me and frankly I am leaning towards the "pigs will become Kosher AND Fly before I watch season 10"
            Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
              I still think we should have some ship family get-togethers. Like maybe one in the US and another one in the UK...While there are some shippers on the continent, most of them live in France, so I think that the London area would be good.

What does everyone think???

Oh, and who's going to the UK gatecon??
              We should have a shipper get-together - I'd love to meet the family in person!! Ooh! We could have it on Ship Day!!

And I'm going to Gatecon UK, but you already know that....

Comment

Yeah...I think we should try and arrange something for next year...maybe like an informal one or two day thing. Nothing like arranging our own convention, but maybe just a meet-up. I recommend Glasgow (cos I love it and it's best place for shopping) or London (which has the best transport links)

Obviously...the logistics of the Atlantis ocean will hinder a BIG meet-up, but I think two smaller ones would be cool

And I'm probably (as in definitely if even behind my parents' back) going to Gatecon UK!
                sigpic

Comment

pittsburghgirl you are completely right we did finally get a straight answer; and one that I am completely greatful for because I will be able to not watch the rest of season nine and have to suffer through the episodes. Like you pittsburghgirl I started watching SG-1 for the whole picture, but have since trickled down to any crumbs about Sam and Jack; but now with Joes answer it releases me from feeling like I will miss anything between them. As far as the movie is concerned I am not shocked but once again severly disappointed. If a movie ever does take place, the only way I will watch it is if RDA is in it which might be hard if they wait until after season 10 and he isn't even in that.

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
                    pittsburghgirl you are completely right we did finally get a straight answer; and one that I am completely greatful for because I will be able to not watch the rest of season nine and have to suffer through the episodes. Like you pittsburghgirl I started watching SG-1 for the whole picture, but have since trickled down to any crumbs about Sam and Jack; but now with Joes answer it releases me from feeling like I will miss anything between them. As far as the movie is concerned I am not shocked but once again severly disappointed. If a movie ever does take place, the only way I will watch it is if RDA is in it which might be hard if they wait until after season 10 and he isn't even in that.
                    Nickatell-we are so on the same page here. And I'd green ya-but it won't let me.
                    Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

LONG time lurker first time caller...

Been a shipper for 9 years and read all your posts..RL is always in the way so just stopping by to BUMP the thread as it's on the second page and to say keep up the good work..fans like you guys are the ones that keep TPTB on their toes....I'm crossing EVERYTHING flexible that they do the right thing in the end, until then....we let's not hold out breath put it that way

To all the fans who are going to the up coming cons have wonderful times...I look forward to reading your stories....I've been to quite a few myself and was very fortunate to go to Vancouver summer 2004 and visit the studio before the evil creation people took over....anyway for a first time caller this has been a long rant...

Keep spreading the love.....

Comment

Originally posted by Purple
                        LONG time lurker first time caller...

Been a shipper for 9 years and read all your posts..RL is always in the way so just stopping by to BUMP the thread as it's on the second page and to say keep up the good work..fans like you guys are the ones that keep TPTB on their toes....I'm crossing EVERYTHING flexible that they do the right thing in the end, until then....we let's not hold out breath put it that way

To all the fans who are going to the up coming cons have wonderful times...I look forward to reading your stories....I've been to quite a few myself and was very fortunate to go to Vancouver summer 2004 and visit the studio before the evil creation people took over....anyway for a first time caller this has been a long rant...

Keep spreading the love.....
                        Welcome Purple! And any other new members of the family that I've missed! Hope you enjoy it here as much as we do!!

And ranting is good.....
                        always and forever
                        My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                        My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Please believe that your opinions do count. I have heard many times in commentaries and read in many interviews and articles where TPTB and actors have talked about online opinions and forums. Right or wrong they are aware of what people want and hope to happen. Without the fans they wouldn't have advertising dollars. Sometimes the squeeky wheel gets the oil, so why not keep requesting, asking, begging, whatever, for Sam and Jack. It worked for Daniel fans. Why not us?

Comment

Originally posted by STARGATE7777
                            Please believe that your opinions do count. I have heard many times in commentaries and read in many interviews and articles where TPTB and actors have talked about online opinions and forums. Right or wrong they are aware of what people want and hope to happen. Without the fans they wouldn't have advertising dollars. Sometimes the squeeky wheel gets the oil, so why not keep requesting, asking, begging, whatever, for Sam and Jack. It worked for Daniel fans. Why not us?
                            Yeah why not us! I'll admit I've been kinda...well let's just say my S/J shipperness has been fading.

UhSir: Regarding your question to me, no I haven't written the past life fic. I've been concentrating on Atlantis fics lately.

Spoiler:
                            Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Hey Guys!
                              Saw the news about Season 10 but I'm not sure what to do... I want to be happy 'cause it means SG is going to be the longest running Sci-Fi series but I don't know how much more Jack-less/Ship-less Staragte I can take! Season 9 is killing me at the mo and I don't think it is going to get much better on the ship front to be honest....but I don't like to be pessimistic so i'll just keep my fingers crossed.

Anyways on a happier note..WELCOME BACK LOL4JACK!!!!!
                              and WELCOME TO ALL THE NEWBIES!!!

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

I see you've already seen that there will be an S10 ( http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/1...atlantis.shtml ). I found these two paragraphs particularly interesting.

Spoiler:

The network has not yet confirmed which regular cast members from the show will return next season, as contract negotiations are likely still pending. No changes in the regular casts are currently anticipated.

The first half of SG-1's ninth season has averaged 2.4 million viewers per week, according to SCI FI. The second half of Season Nine and Season Two will kick off in January on SCI FI.

Contract negotiations always make me nervous. And I'd just like to point out that to get the 2.4-million average, they had to use figures from both the first and second airings each Friday night (which we've been saying all along is a more accurate barometer of how many people are watching!).

Comment

Working...
                                X