This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
    I'm always quoting comments or LtE from the TV Guide, but can't help it, here is another one. Someone wrote in objecting to a projected romance(or affair in this case) between a leading character and his former wife, now remarried. The letter writer says tension is more interesting and "Just imagine two adults on TV resisting temptation. It's a new concept that might work."

Gee,we got 8 years of resisting temptation.
    New for network TV, maybe! Hmmmm.....maybe they're getting their ideas from watching Stargate SG-1!

Comment

End of the evening, up from the bottom of the first page BUMP!!!

Comment

Boy, Anunnaki! For someone who doesn't post often, you sure have a lot to say! I guess you store it up. But it's all good!!!!!

Comment

Hello, Family Just stopped by to see what was going on. I deep reading lots of good shipper stories to keep me up!!

Anubis, I am sorry to hear about your dog. It is always hard to lose a family member, even one with fur and four legs. I have also lost several. He's at peace now.

Hope everyone is well. Going now to dream of better things than TPTB give us. Take care.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
            We shippers should hang our heads in shame...

...we forgot Jack's birthday

HAPPY (NOW BELATED IN THE UK) BIRTHDAY JACK

53 YEARS YOUNG!
            They made Jack two years younger then RDA? It fact he'll be 56 in January. OMG does still look good!
            sigpic

Comment

spoilers for many season 7 and season 8 eps

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
              Spoiler:
              I think Sam would have gone ahead with the plans if Jacob wasn't so obviously unhappy with her choice. If Jacob had been neutral-I think that their would have been wedding. But with Jacob dying and very indirectly/directly challenging her-she was forced to take a look at what she was doing-which is why she attempted to approach Jack and told Pete the wedding was off
              Spoiler:
              i don't think sam would have married pete, even if jacob loved pete. she had probs with being with pete from the get-go, which only increased when pete pushed sooooo hard to advance it.

sam tried to change/fix/alter/repair/save/deflect/warp/etc the s/j/p situation many times.

in grace, she had a hard time letting go of jack. even in that last moment between them in the infirmary.

in chimera, she showed melancholy while dancing with pete. i always felt she was thinking of jack at that moment. she also didn't like pete pushing their relationship to something 'more' so soon.

in death knell and heroes 1 and 2, she struggled to hide her feelings for jack.

in lost city 1 and 2, she tried to talk to jack about her feelings.

in new order 1 and 2, she continued the struggle.

in affinity, to *me*, she was trying to get a rise out of jack with the whole ring scene. i could just see sam thinking, 'give me one reason, jack, just one, and i'll break up with this guy. for you.'

in gemini, she 'saw' her replicator self stuggle with her jack feelings too.

in threads, she tried one last time to appeal to jack (figuratively and literally). and it took his girlfriend dumping him and sam's father dying for him to 'finally' let her see into his heart.

but whether jack let sam see into him, i have absolutely no doubts that sam would have broke up with pete anyways. she might have loved him, but i don't believe she was 'in love' with him. and he would have *always* been second best in her eyes and heart. i think sam would have eventually broke it off, even if it were the day of the wedding. but i really don't believe she would have let it go that far.

i enjoy reading others opinion.

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anunnaki
                Sam & Jack as an on-screen pairing may be up for much debate and speculation within the “Gater” community at large. But the blatant and intentional ‘attraction’ between those two characters was decided upon and implemented for canon (and the casual viewer) many years ago. Discussion (in hindsight) of what should have/could have/would have made for better character development (including those discussions wherein there is no romantic attraction between anyone on SG-1 at any time) are, again, wonderful topics for philosophical debate on a forum such as this. But they cannot change what already is. Nor the fact that “Threads”, as an episode, was written (in part) to strongly imply the furthering of the Sam/Jack romance/attraction--beyond the emotional and pragmatic (perpetual tension) boundaries of where it had been relegated prior to season nine.

Shipper or non shipper, ‘Gater’ or ‘casual viewer’, those are simply the categorical facts.

Cheers,
                .A.
                Very well said. I completely agree. I have two friends who are casual viewers and my husband as examples. None of them are into SG with the obsession that I have. They don't visit fansites or forums or buy magazines with articles or read convention reports or anything else. However, they all three notice the Sam/Jack shippiness, without me saying a word about it. So, it's definitely there, whether the avid obsessed fan likes it or not.
                sigpic

Comment

^ I agree!
                  Spoiler:
                  I think that Sam was looking for an excuse to break up with Pete, and the whole marriage thing and a new house would have been too weird for anyone, whether you were in love with someone else or not.

Comment

Sam's wishing Jack a Happy Birthday!!!

**thanks to fill-in-the-blank capper**
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                      They made Jack two years younger then RDA? It fact he'll be 56 in January. OMG does still look good!
                      RDA has improved with age. Some men really, really don't! Another one I think is looking better as he gets older is Mark Harmon.

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                        RDA has improved with age. Some men really, really don't! Another one I think is looking better as he gets older is Mark Harmon.
                        amen sister!
                        Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Majorsal has a point-but it just puzzles me that it seems so out of the blue. Ok-so maybe there was a broad hint in Affinity-but that scene was so oblique-who knows what they wanted or meant. There didn't seem to be any other sign of anything from anybody-at anyplace or anytime.
                          Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                            Majorsal has a point-but it just puzzles me that it seems so out of the blue. Ok-so maybe there was a broad hint in Affinity-but that scene was so oblique-who knows what they wanted or meant. There didn't seem to be any other sign of anything from anybody-at anyplace or anytime.
                            Not only that,
                            Spoiler:
                            but the way Jack treated her in Reckoning II, how would she know he had feelings for her.
                            Last edited by Rogue; 21 October 2005, 10:39 AM.
                            Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                              Not only that,
                              Spoiler:
                              but the way Jack treated her in Reckoning II, how would she know he had feelings for her.
                              Exactly!

Comment

Sam and JackSam and JackSam and JackSam and JackSam and JackSam and JackandSamandJackandSamandJackandSamandJackandSamandJackandSamandJackandSamjacks amjacksamjacksamjacksamjacksamjacksamjacksamjacksam

They go so well together!!!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X