X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sueKay
    *nods head vigorously*

why don't you put that into a fic???????

I'm trying to get everyone to write fic...even though I haven't written in months and Su Freund is prpbably gonna kill me for leaving 'The Third Race' at a bit of a cliffie

oops!

Why ? Because I'm not as talented as you...

Third Race - when are you going to update that fic ? You left us hanging there !
    Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Originally posted by florence
      Cause you think he knows how to cook ? You've seen what he did to his BBQ in Threads ?
      I don't think he would cook for Sam... Plus, take-out means that you have more time to do other things...
      "so, the pizza'll be here in 40 minutes"
      "hhhmmm, now what could we do in 40 minutes?"
      "twice!"

Comment

I am...by any account...a diehard shipper. The chemistry between the two of them onscreen is electric. The connection and feelings between them is as real as it gets.

Which is why it perplexes me that Amanda would say that Sam's feelings for Jack were unrequited. UNREQUITED???

Now I adore Amanda...even made a video highlighting a lot of her work over the years (which you can see if you'd like at http://www.uberamandafan.com )...but I have to wonder if she and I watching the same Stargate SG-1 because Jack canonly shares her feelings.

So where did this "unrequited" come from? My first thought was that I wondered if she feared that because they spent a bunch of time last season on her personal life, that she as an actress was concerned that her character would be pigeonholed as part of a romantic duo...but see, Samantha is so much more than Jack and Sam. She knows that too but she only wants the best for her character and doesn't want her perceived as weak.

"Why might she be perceived as weak?" you might ask. Is it because she emoted her feelings more than Jack did? If that's the case, then that only proves she is in fact a woman and he is in fact a man. Men just don't tend to emote their feelings as much as women do. That's not negative nor is it a misogynistic opinion...I as a woman can attest to that much...it simply is that way.

So then I continued thinking (don't worry...the "thinking" thing only happens once in awhile and only in brief fits and starts) and I even posted about this issue elsewhere on the forum. I'm looking at it from a WHAT NOW perspective. Taking your argument and accepting it completely, I ask, "What now?" for the character that's still there.

Well, here are my thoughts about Sam and Season 10 and how an honest to goodness ship reference or two can only STRENGTHEN Sam for those who for whatever reason saw weakness. IMHO, showing real acknowledgement of ship next season can do nothing but help Sam's character because it would validate what she went through at the end of last season...i.e., she didn't go through all that for nothing.

It would also show that ship is not all in Sam's mind...thus ending the "was she stalking Jack in Threads" debate (yes, some people actually believe this).

It would show her life as having more dimension and balance because she's fulfilled professionally and personally.

So they don't have to scream it from the rooftops or have an episode focused on it FCOL...but a few references sprinkled about the season so that while Sam's clearly focused and kicking butt, she also has something to look forward to at home. A few phone calls, lunch invites, drop by visits from Jack where he's affectionate to Sam on screen...or heck...even a combination of these things and a ring that just shows up on her finger at the end of next season (wouldn't that be sahweet???).

Additionally it'll end the debate that no longer needs to exist. Jack isn't around and therefore her work isn't in anyway hampered by her personal life.

They went down the path of telling the story and showed quite clearly that Jack and Sam wanted more from each other. And since they did, they need to follow through with it for the sake of the Carter character...the one still there on the screen fulltime...and validate her struggles.

At this point with Jack not around and no longer her CO, the argument of whether or not they belong together or whether or not she and Jack have feelings for each other or is there chemistry between them is completely moot. So shipper, non-shipper anti shipper...whatever...none of that matters anymore. It's now about how they need to be true to the character and to the longstanding story arc and not cheat the fans out of seeing the fruit of all our longsuffering.

My big fear is that they're going to swing the pendulum too far the other way and completely ignore what she went through for fear of those who don't like Sam or ship at all. But then what's the point of that? They already ticked them off with Threads anyway. Dismissing ship will only tick off the other half of fandom and then everyone loses.

Additionally, this would make her as unbalanced as only showing her personal side and actually would be a poor attempt to try to turn back the clock to the early seasons where we didn't know as much about her or relate as much to her...she'd just be the superhero brainiac who saves the day...and like I said would be an unbalanced portrayal of Carter because the can of worms was opened and they can't shove them back in. Just deal with it PTB...it is what it is. And to ignore it would be wholly unfair to her character and to her fans who went through it with her.

I want to see the Carter who went through it all and is still standing. I love seeing Kickbutt!Sam and Scientist!Sam...but I want to see that she didn't go though all of that emotional turmoil in vain and a few acknowledgements sprinkled about next season would be completely appropriate BECAUSE of Threads and the decisions they made and again would validate what she endured. And frankly, I think we as her fans are due that respect since they chose to highlight this aspect of her personna.

If they ignore it forever, then the whole Pete/Threads/Always blah blah blah was meaningless...and her character will devolve into someone who is all work/all the time...something Jacob never wanted for her and something she realized in season 7 she didn't want for herself either. And all that character development will have been for nothing.

So really...what harm would it do to show a few flirty scenes? We'll be up to our eyebrows with scientist/soldier Sam...is it really so horrific for TPTB to consider giving the fans and the characters a nice payoff for our mutual longsuffering???

If so, then like Anunnaki said, Threads was essentially meaningless.
        Last edited by Uber; 17 October 2005, 01:37 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

just a quick thought about how easy it is to change one single word of a quote and change the meaning into something entirely different. (for examples of this check out the pantsgate thread).
          now, this is just a theory, and i'm not saying this would actually happen, but hypothetically, should an actor/ress say the word, unresolved, or the word unrequited with other words around it, and the word were changed or the other words were removed, it could in theory cause a lot of fuss among fans, and sell a lot of magazines.
          along the same lines, if a quote were to have one or two sentences removed, and were to be taken out of context, it could also appear to have an entirely different meaning.

its just a thought, i'm just throwing out an idea here, i'm not saying anything like this actually happened, because i really don't know. i'm just saying its possible that it could happen.

i will say that i think, during the seasons preceeding season 8, and even up until "Threads", sam actually did believe that her feelings for jack were unrequited. but she was wrong and they all lived happily ever after, and "went fishing".

Comment

Happy birthday Caty !

(it's already Tuesday here...)
            Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Welcome Kiffy!! (And any other newbies I have undoubtadly missed! )

Comment

I got Threads on dvd the other day, and I was just watching it today.... the more I see that episode, the more I love it! I had forgotten about
                Spoiler:
                the scene in the briefing room, when Jacob 'innocently' reminds Sam, in front of Jack, that she's supposed to be meeting Pete, and she desperately tries to shut him up... *happy sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                  just a quick thought about how easy it is to change one single word of a quote and change the meaning into something entirely different. (for examples of this check out the pantsgate thread).
                  now, this is just a theory, and i'm not saying this would actually happen, but hypothetically, should an actor/ress say the word, unresolved, or the word unrequited with other words around it, and the word were changed or the other words were removed, it could in theory cause a lot of fuss among fans, and sell a lot of magazines.
                  Sometimes people also use the word unrequited and mean unresolved and/or unconsummated. Since Jack's feelings for Carter were written in a few times, I don't think Amanda meant that Sam had "unreciprocated" feelings for Jack, I think she probably meant they were "unresolved". Good question for GABIT. Someone toss her up a thesaurus, too. lol

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                  ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                    Sometimes people also use the word unrequited and mean unresolved and/or unconsummated. Since Jack's feelings for Carter were written in a few times, I don't think Amanda meant that Sam had "unreciprocated" feelings for Jack, I think she probably meant they were "unresolved". Good question for GABIT. Someone toss her up a thesaurus, too. lol
                    LOL ... my thoughts exactly.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

My fellow Shippers I've been down in the dumps regarding Sam and Jack and the Show.I'am sure I'am not alone.I may have found something that will cheer us all up if True.Please check this link.Thanks

http://www.stargate-project.de/starg...te=news&ID=629

Comment

Sorry for the cross post but I'm spreadin' the love.

I'm posting this for Annunaki (who refuses to come here and advertise for herself!). But she's got a kick-butt new Carter!Fic in the works, she's begun posting it on fanfiction.net - it does have a Sam/Jack thread running through it (they're engaged with it starts) but from what she tells me and what I've read so far in beta, it's got a heck of a lot of Sam kicking a$$ and taking names!

If anyone's interested in following along, she's got some chapters up on ff.net here, and already, Sam gets to use two guns at the same time. Thank you, John Woo!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2623406/1/

mini(of to re-read!)geek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
                          I got Threads on dvd the other day, and I was just watching it today.... the more I see that episode, the more I love it! I had forgotten about
                          Spoiler:
                          the scene in the briefing room, when Jacob 'innocently' reminds Sam, in front of Jack, that she's supposed to be meeting Pete, and she desperately tries to shut him up... *happy sigh*
                          *sulks* Here in the states they gave us the shortened version w/out that scene. I saw it on Caty's 'Thread's vid and was looking forward to it and when I got my DVD it wasn't there

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                            Sorry for the cross post but I'm spreadin' the love.

I'm posting this for Annunaki (who refuses to come here and advertise for herself!). But she's got a kick-butt new Carter!Fic in the works, she's begun posting it on fanfiction.net - it does have a Sam/Jack thread running through it (they're engaged with it starts) but from what she tells me and what I've read so far in beta, it's got a heck of a lot of Sam kicking a$$ and taking names!

If anyone's interested in following along, she's got some chapters up on ff.net here, and already, Sam gets to use two guns at the same time. Thank you, John Woo!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2623406/1/

mini(of to re-read!)geek
                            Yep, I got my email notice during supper and practically choked from the excitement!!! Pssst, Ted Sadler's back, too!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                              My fellow Shippers I've been down in the dumps regarding Sam and Jack and the Show.I'am sure I'am not alone.I may have found something that will cheer us all up if True.Please check this link.Thanks

Thanks. It would be so nice to see all four of them together again. And Sam and Jack on the screen at the same time...

Comment

Originally posted by ses110

Thanks for the link ses, but after so many disapointments I'll wait and see
                                Actualy I realy hate feeling this way about my favourite show, I should be jumping up and down with excitement. Shame on you TPTB for making me feel like this
                                My broken toes aren't helping either

Comment

Working...
                                X