This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sum1
    The premise of Chimera was very good, but it suffered from a complete failure to properly integrate the A and B plots into a coherent story. They had to make Pete into a jackass so he could get to the stakeout and learn about the program, which also didn't make sense considering he was a nobody - there was no reason to tell him other than making it convenient for future episodes.
    also consider that the A plot (osiris) was treated as a B plot, and the B plot (jerky the jerk-faced boy) was treated as the A plot.

and the ending actually left me shocked and disgusted. i could have lived with how pete had behaved towards sam had she dumped him or at the very very least reprimanded him severely, but right up until the credits i had myself convinced that she would dump the chump. although now threads pretty much balances it, although i still have my own little mind play of chimera, and i'll be damned if i'll watch the real version again.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
      also consider that the A plot (osiris) was treated as a B plot, and the B plot (jerky the jerk-faced boy) was treated as the A plot.
      Jerky the jerk-faced boy! ROTFLOL!!!!!

Comment

In the Line of Duty- I love this episode. First locker room talk by Tec'l-Jack cries-I love it-I love it! Sam yelling- Jack don't leave me here!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sum1
          Peter Woeste and Damian Kindler made some rather funny comments during the bedroom scene in Chimera - it was worth watching it with the commentary.
          Would it be possible to kinda summarize what they said? Maybe put it in spoiler mode?

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
            It was, indeed, blech!

Cutesy-poo as JM said.

Comment

Cutsey-poo like a tooth ache coupled with a root canal.
              sigpic

Comment

Speaking of Jerky the jerk-faced boy ( ), he's going to be on our screens again this week! Aackkkk! He's guest-starring on ER this Thursday.

I'm already getting the creeps!

(shrugs shoulders ** knows some of the group like ** still doesn't understand it though)

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                  Jerky the jerk-faced boy! ROTFLOL!!!!!
                  i know!

i immediately cracked up at that and tried to rep you. BUT, of COURSE, i couldn't...

but i loved your nickname for that character.

(sam deserved someone that treated her better, even if he were going to be replaced with jack in the future)

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by STARGATE7777
                    Majorsal, there's something wrong with my e-mail. We changed servers and well, it's just disappeared, somewhere out there (like Jack ,no doubt) I will try to get the situation fixed and e-mail you. Would be happy to answer any questions.
                    well, the whole question was off topic, that's why was trying to ask you off the thread. BUT, since i don't have another option ....

i was just wondering if the canadian thanksgiving was the same as the american thanksgiving? you know, not only done the same, but celebrated for the same reason.

sorry for the otness.

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                      I know that a lot of people think RDA just wasn't giving his all at that point because he wanted out. I've read it on some "other" threads. But I believe RDA played Jack more sullen on purpose. It just wasn't very obvious (good acting rarely is). And he got worse after came into the picture.
                      Thank you thank you thank you for saying that!!!
                      I'm so over reading comments from people saying RDA didn't want to be there and it showed! No it didn't! He still did his thing with Daniel, there were just subtle changes in his approach to certain scenes. You're right about probably being a little more sullen on purpose.
                      I think a lot of the people who've said these things are the ones who are mad at him for leaving. I'm disappointed that he's left, but why be mad at him?? He, like everyone else, has a right to his own life!
                      I am secretly hoping he'll decide he wants to come back a little more often, though!

Comment

Peter Deluise did more damage to his brother's career by allowing his brother's character to be portraited like an idiot. He has been labeled a "potato head" and probably will follow him to the grave.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                          Peter Deluise did more damage to his brother's career by allowing his brother's character to be portraited like an idiot. He has been labeled a "potato head" and probably will follow him to the grave.

I bet brother number 3 is going "get away from my career!!!!".
                          Hiring family is never a good idea, especially when said family member is going to be seen as coming between the likes of Sam and Jack!

Comment

Hey all...

I know I've not been participating here much as of late...but...OT...I need a hug
                            sigpic
                            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                              Hey all...

I know I've not been participating here much as of late...but...OT...I need a hug
                              (((((sueKay)))))

Well, I've not been participating much as well... I must confess I'm seriously hooked on Atlantis now (especially on Sheppard ! ) and I kinda left my SJ shipper duties behind, even if I keep on lurking everyday.

I have only seen the first 3 eps of S9, but I have to admit that I didn't miss Sam or Jack too much...
                              I thought it would be very hard for me to see these eps without my 2 fav characters... but it wasn't in fact. Now, I don't know how I'll react when I'll see an ep with full-time Sam but no Jack...
                              Anyway, in my heart and in my mind, they're together now, whatever other people can say about it

Oops, almost forgot ! I read meimei's fic yesterday and I loved it !
                              Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                                Hey all...

((suekay))

Love the sig/banner. Is it new?
                                always and forever
                                My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                                My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Working...
                                X