((((Night kids))))
      sigpic

Comment

Congrats on 2000 posts Egle
        sigpic

Comment

Congrats on 2000 posts Egle!!

Comment

Still haven't seen Continuum...and won't, until Christmas...uh, I mean, July 29th But that hasn't kept me from skimming the spoilers. So, for those of you who've seen it, a couple of questions...

Spoiler:
            ...am I right in assuming that Daniel dies in the effort to restore the timeline and that's how he ends up in the corrected timeline with his leg entact?

...do Sam and Cam remember the time they spent in the altered timeline?

...did anyone notice if Jack was wearing a wedding ring in any of the ATL scenes? That would answer the question about Sara.

And just some Continuum thoughts in general...

Spoiler:
            I guess I knew that they spent a fair amount of time in the ATL, but it never occurred to me that it was a whole year! Now I know that people have expressed some disappointment in the lack of blatant ship, but I got thinking about 100 Days (I know...I try hard *not* to think about it most of the time, but in this case, it might be useful )...Laira aside, the key thing about that ep is Sam's relentless efforts to build that doo-hickey so they can retrieve Jack...with just that brief scene with Janet to give us insight as to Sam's underlying emotion in all that. After that, it's business as usual for her, on the surface anyway...with all her energy focused on building that device.

From what I can tell, what happens in Continuum is very much along the same lines...subtle signs that Sam is deeply affected by how things have changed...and by what happened just before the change...but then her usual modus operandi kicking in and doing the only thing she *can* do...the only thing she knows how to do: fix it.

And the scene with the "Frooties" is incredible, when you think of it. Do you not think that by now Jack would have explained the whole WoO to her and that Fruit Loops would have been an inside joke for them? It is such a nod, in the movie to that episode and their relationship, IMHSO.

And to be honest, my heart breaks at the thought of Sam having to spend an entire year in this other life...desperately trying to figure out how to fix it...and yet knowing, as Mara pointed out to me, that in doing so she has to send Jack back to a timeline where his son dies. If ever there was a turning point in a man's life, it was that. And here is a happy Jack, with a healthy, growing son, unburdened by all the guilt he carried around for all those years. And she has to take that away from him. Wow.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
              Congrats on 2000 posts Egle
              Originally posted by Krissie678 View Post
              Congrats on 2000 posts Egle!!
              Thank you!

4.02 The Other Side

4.03 Upgrades

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
                Still haven't seen Continuum...and won't, until Christmas...uh, I mean, July 29th But that hasn't kept me from skimming the spoilers. So, for those of you who've seen it, a couple of questions...

Spoiler:
                ...am I right in assuming that Daniel dies in the effort to restore the timeline and that's how he ends up in the corrected timeline with his leg entact?

...did anyone notice if Jack was wearing a wedding ring in any of the ATL scenes? That would answer the question about Sara.

Spoiler:
                I guess I knew that they spent a fair amount of time in the ATL, but it never occurred to me that it was a whole year! Now I know that people have expressed some disappointment in the lack of blatant ship, but I got thinking about 100 Days (I know...I try hard *not* to think about it most of the time, but in this case, it might be useful )...Laira aside, the key thing about that ep is Sam's relentless efforts to build that doo-hickey so they can retrieve Jack...with just that brief scene with Janet to give us insight as to Sam's underlying emotion in all that. After that, it's business as usual for her, on the surface anyway...with all her energy focused on building that device.

From what I can tell, what happens in Continuum is very much along the same lines...subtle signs that Sam is deeply affected by how things have changed...and by what happened just before the change...but then her usual modus operandi kicking in and doing the only thing she *can* do...the only thing she knows how to do: fix it.

And the scene with the "Frooties" is incredible, when you think of it. Do you not think that by now Jack would have explained the whole WoO to her and that Fruit Loops would have been an inside joke for them? It is such a nod, in the movie to that episode and their relationship, IMHSO.

And to be honest, my heart breaks at the thought of Sam having to spend an entire year in this other life...desperately trying to figure out how to fix it...and yet knowing, as Mara pointed out to me, that in doing so she has to send Jack back to a timeline where his son dies. If ever there was a turning point in a man's life, it was that. And here is a happy Jack, with a healthy, growing son, unburdened by all the guilt he carried around for all those years. And she has to take that away from him. Wow.
                Continuum BIG SPOILERS

Spoiler:
                1. Does Daniel die? Yes, in fact the only one who survives is Mitchell, and that's what causes the subtle change at the end of the movie.

2. No one remembers anything, it's the same like Moebius just without the tape to tell them what happened.

3. No I didn't notice, but give me a few minutes I'll rewatch that scene and get back to you on that.
                sigpic

Comment

4.04 Crossroads

4.05 Divide and Conquer

sigpic

Comment

4.06 Window of Opportunity

4.07 Watergate

sigpic

Comment

Egle, congrats on 2000!!!
                      Own avatar, cool

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

So...
                      Spoiler:
                      Ok
                      Spoiler:
                      Yeah, Daniel dies. No, they do not remember that. And sorry, didn't notice... I should check it!

EDIT: of course Jasmina was first

Comment

Continuum

Spoiler:
                        There is no ring on Jack's hand, but I don't think it means anything since he could have taken it off while on the mission.

Does anyone know what extras the DVD will have?

EDIT: ^ *sticks out tongue*
                        sigpic

Comment

Continuum

Spoiler:
                          There is no ring on Jack's hand, but I don't think it means anything since he could have taken it off while on the mission.

Does anyone know what extras the DVD will have?

EDIT: ^ *sticks out tongue*
                          That bodes well for SJ being married as well even though we don't see wedding rings on their fingers

Comment

Continuum BIG SPOILERS

Spoiler:
                            1. Does Daniel die? Yes, in fact the only one who survives is Mitchell, and that's what causes the subtle change at the end of the movie.

2. No one remembers anything, it's the same like Moebius just without the tape to tell them what happened.

3. No I didn't notice, but give me a few minutes I'll rewatch that scene and get back to you on that.
                            Well...since I've gotten this far, then...

Spoiler:
                            How do they assure the same thing doesn't happen all over again, with Ba'al? Or is that what Mitchell does???
                            sigpic

Comment

Well...since I've gotten this far, then...

Spoiler:
                              How do they assure the same thing doesn't happen all over again, with Ba'al? Or is that what Mitchell does???
                              Spoiler:
                              Yes that's what Mitchell does. I'm not gonna say how he does it, but I found that scene kinda funny.
                              sigpic

Comment

Ahhh! The evil spoiler tags are blooming again.
                                I was reading spoilers until I found out the movie was leaked, but now I don't want to accidently read someones post that has actually seen the whole thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X