• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rogue
    Oh and Welcome sarah_uk!
    Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by smea
      Yes.. eeeeeeeexactly. Though the SGC means a lot to S&J. But Im still convinced that they'd choose each other over it eventually..
      Totally. There's no question of that. Not even the tiniest doubt.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
        That brings up a question. Say you are an ambitious, career military woman, with a job of a life time. You find yourself having feelings for your CO. Then you find out your CO has feelings for you. Would you give up your job so easily to take a chance that it may or may not work out?
        I think I would have to give it time, then after a number of years, if things were sill 'hot' between the two of you then I would rethink things, and prob have the 'talk'

Quote= Suekay
        Sadly we don't know anything about the Jack/Jacob scene, but I put my interpretation of what could have happened into my threads fic - here's the link to the specific chapter

I really wish they could put all the Sam/Jack missing scenes in a book. They could make a load off the shippers. But then someone would probably post it online within 24 hrs. Still I would pay for a copy of the book.

Comment

hey shippers!!
          I just read this great little "Threads" fic on Helio and I thought I'd share.
          It's called "Twenty Four" by Sara J, here's the link:

http://www.sg1-heliopolis.com/archiv...twentyfour.php

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

waterfall

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
            Yeah, it's probably not a good sign when you decide to marry by default.
            hey people do that all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by irishchick
              hey guys kinda new to these parts hugh hugh shipper , i never knew there was a scene with jacob and jack do ye know what was in it????
              welcome. i too am an irish chick

anyway, was there really a jack/jacob scene or is that just one of those things that people think was in or taken from the show, cos we've read so many fan fics about it?
              if there actually was a planned/filmed j/j scene, i want proof dammit! not that i don't trust you guys or anything. *looks around nervously*

Comment

Hi all

Just a fly by posting as unfortunately for me my holiday is over and I'm back working way too many hours!

Watched Rules of Engagement the other day and laughed so much at this little Jack moment that I actually snorted coffee!! (very messy!) and so I know it's a little OT but hey I thought you guys wouldn't mind me sharing!

TEAL'C (addressing the warriors): This is Colonel O'Neill. He is much loved by Apophis Loved Jacks face following that comment! (to O'Neill) You may address the warriors.
                O'NEILL: (to the warriors)
                Apophis wanted me to tell you that you've all been doing a wonderful job. Couldn't ask for more. Well done. But, he also wanted me to tell you the whole…invasion of the Tau'ri idea has been canceled due to…[coughs]...rain.
                [The warriors appear confused.]

ROFLOL and CUC (coughing up coffee!)

and just to get back on topic I'm sure Sam was admiring his fabulous sense of humour and just dying to plant him with a honkin big kiss!! Hee hee!!

PS.
                ST-1 have read all your fics and LOVED them all!!
                sueKay - yours are next!

Sweet shippy dreams one and all

Comment

Smea - Green is what we call the reputation points

WELCOME SARAH UK!

Billie - I warn you...my work is no longer beta-ed since she moved away...we used to swap fanfics during the school lunch hour! But don't let that dissuade you from reading and review!
                  sigpic
                  Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay

I'd choose love anyday...I'd rather live in a tiny house with someone I love, than live in a big empty house on my own.
                    I'm living that!! My husband and I live in 2 very cluttered rooms because we can't afford to rent anything bigger. When we got married I told my family that I'd rather live like that with him than in a mansion with anyone else. Call me a romantic...Most people do....

I'd like to think that Sam and Jack would be the same way...

Going back to previous debates. I loved both Lost City and Threads. I'd have to go with Threads though.In spite of the fact thast the story-line was allowed to go too far in season 8,Threads convinced me that Sam & Jack are-if not together-well on their way to being so. Lost City was an important shippy stage along the way. Shame about the detour that was

Did anyone think that was history after watching Lost City? In some ways I was quite surprised when he reappeared in season 8.
                    always and forever
                    My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                    My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Originally posted by Miz_Gatez
                      I dunno, I always thought Jack did that just 'cos he felt sorry for her, you know? I mean, his Carter was standing right behind him (with the same look she had when he treated her like crud on Edora--once again I had the urge to throttle him for being a complete dumbass) and while he couldn't exactly kiss his Carter, wouldn't you rather kiss your reality's true love? (if that even makes sense?)

And nell, that fic is totally sweet

Agasp! I'll never finish my algebra homework now! Oh well, tis what SSR & lunch are for.
                      No, no. We were talking about the Moebius kiss.....not the Point of View kiss. At least, I was.

Comment

You make a really interesting point minigeek.I would Hope
                        Spoiler:
                        Sam would not say yes to Pete to hurt Jack.Sam was the one who moved on first, if anyone should be hurt it's Jack.Sam mentioned to Jack she had doubts about dropping the Baby off before going off World.Sam never told Jack she had doubts about Pete until Threads.Sam should have told Jack she had doubts about Pete if Sam wanted Jack to take some action.Jack would never do anything to hurt Sam's Career.Jack has too much respect for Sam to make decisions for Sam and Sam needed to be the one to stop her Marriage to Pete.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                          oh, they're not scared of the non shippers, they're scared of *this* -

(spoilers for 'crossing jordan' tv show)

Spoiler:
                          "everyone knows jordan and woody should be together," says exectutive producer tim kring. "but the second we hook them up, we're in trouble."

THIS is the mentality we're dealing with. and ALL shows are like this. there's so many ship couples tap dancing, they've got their own broadway show!

so truthfully, i think we'll get our resolution when it's all said and done, because that way, the ptb won't be worried that they'd screw it up. shall we tell them the irony of that?

sally
                          You know, when I hear producers say that, I wonder if they've forgotten the success of some of the shows we discussed here a few days ago, like Hart to Hart and McMillan & Wife. They were hugely popular and could be funny and sexy.....and they featured committed couples.

What I think we're really saying is, "We don't understand how people in committed relationships can be funny, sexy or exciting, so we don't know how to write it that way."

That's what they're really saying.....even if they don't want to admit it. They should turn to fanfic (but they're not allowed to)! Our writers know how to find the perfect mix!

Comment

Okay...to cheer you all up...I've got a question for you all to answer at length...

NOTE - to give the rest a chance...GRACE in ELIMINATED!

What do you think is the best S/J kiss?

take into account the following factors:

- timing
                            -Ratio - AU to real characters
                            -Ratio - UST to RST
                            -The General Shippyness of the episode
                            -The General anti-shippyness of the episode
                            -And how downright HOT is is

Well now...chop chop...I want detailed, reference answers of my desk for 0930

Night all,

Sweet shippy dreams
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
                              I always felt that the conversation between Jacob and Sam the second time in Threads
                              Spoiler:
                              was quite vague and totally unrealistic. If I was on my death bed and I truly wanted my daughter to be happy with Jack the person I knew she truly loved, I would have spelled everything out; the man was dying for pete sake, he didn't still have to talk in code. This was a father daughter relationship that supposedly did a 360 degree flip when Jacob received Sellmack; and yet both never crossed the line by mentioning Jack by name. Now granted some would say because others could have been watching or listening but Jacob could have whispered it. Couldn't you have seen Sams eyes when Jacob would have whispered I know you love Jack? Yes, I agree once thinking clearly Sam may have understood what Jacob was saying, but as her father knowing that she is about to loose me and just how confused and lost she is in her life, and most importantly how she wanted and needed my approval, I would have made it my last fatherly mission to be there for my daughter when she so badly needed someone to break through the facade she built up and simply talk.

TPTB must sit together until the early morning hours working on that code talking. Mustn't have the characters, esp. Sam and Jack, say anything that can't be taken two ways(or more).

Comment

Gatetrixer...I really need my mind cleansed of all non-PG thoughts after the way I read the end of your post

bad suekay bad!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X