This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SG1Happy
    Lost City should have been the natural resolution we desired. How could Sam have ever gone back to Pete when she had realized how much Jack meant?
    You are so right!

I want them together. In my mind, heart and imagination, they are. TPTB, be damned.
    You read my mind. "TPTB be damned"..exactly what I feel
    - Miz

Proud Samandan (blue jello all the way!! )

Proud Anti-S9 Forumer (Pro-Original SG-1)

SG-1
    Not your average world-saving squad!!

Comment

I'd vote for A, with Pete and Threads. As much as he was a bozo, he did help Sam realize that she really couldn't be happy with anyone else. Full Circle has absolutely no shippy resolution, and although Threads may not have been much, I was very happy with it. At least there was some form of resolution. We all know the shippy significance of that cabin with the lake and fish thisbig!
      SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
        What happen to Stargate Monday! I just got home and it's not on! OMG-I need to get my DVD going before I go into shock!
        Deep breaths trupi. In. Hold. Out.

I reacted the very same way ("WHAT? First they take away the new epis, leaving me hangin', and now they take away my Stargate Monday? HEADS ARE GONNA ROLL IF I DON'T FIND OUT WHAT'S GOING ON!!!")

(But seriously, what happened to the rest of the season? I realize it's a pretty crappy season but...hello? )

I think the Stargate Monday marathon starts at seven, try looking here Tis the full sched. for Monday's SG-1.
        - Miz

SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Miz_Gatez

I reacted the very same way ("WHAT? First they take away the new epis, leaving me hangin', and now they take away my Stargate Monday? HEADS ARE GONNA ROLL IF I DON'T FIND OUT WHAT'S GOING ON!!!")

(But seriously, what happened to the rest of the season? I realize it's a pretty crappy season but...hello? )

I think the Stargate Monday marathon starts at seven, try looking here Tis the full sched. for Monday's SG-1.
          Yeah, Stargate Mondays starts at 7 after Stargate weekdays at 6. It wasn't shown this week, though. The Dead Zone was on instead. Apparently Stargate Monday will be back next week.

Comment

Twenty years will also be when Sam and Jack finally get together.My pick of episode is Lost City.Lost City is one of my Favorites.IMO the last great SG-1 episode.How Sam went back to Pete after what happened in Lost City I'll never understand.Jack must have been wondering the same thing.

Comment

Thank you! But I need my fix~~~I can't stand it~~~~been too long without a decent Stargate episode~~~~~need to watch DVD's (almost like a sugar fix at work--where are the cookies and chocolate)
              sigpic

Comment

If you're here in the U.S. we won't get the other 10 eps of the 2nd half of S9 until the end of January, wrapping S9 up toward the end of March 2006. (The UK will be starting S9 very soon & after a holiday break in December will get the 2nd 10 shows a few weeks earlier than we do...) SciFi has been doing this for years apparently... Not a good thing for fandom in many of our opinions...
                Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                  If you're here in the U.S. we won't get the other 10 eps of the 2nd half of S9 until the end of January, wrapping S9 up toward the end of March 2006. (The UK will be starting S9 very soon & after a holiday break in December will get the 2nd 10 shows a few weeks earlier than we do...) SciFi has been doing this for years apparently... Not a good thing for fandom in many of our opinions...
                  Oh thank you *huggles* You saved me from weeks of treachrous "NOOOOOO! Where's my Stargate?!?!?!?" s. Well, I'll still be devastated (I'm beginning to thrive on SG-1 like I do on clean air) but at least I'll know..

Hmm...out of curiousity, anyone know the nitwit that came up with that brainless plan?

I'm with you, trupi. I feel like a fish out of water. I need air! (I need Stargate, I need Stargate, I need STARGATE!!!!)
                  - Miz

SG-1

Comment

Can't say I personally know the nitwit, but Skiffy breaks it up in order to avoid competition with the major network premieres.

Comment

It's back!

The fave episodes tournament......so, here's your first reminder.

Round 56 of the Fave Episodes Tournament has begun. Cure was eliminated in Round 55.

You can make a difference! Please keep voting! Catch up on the tourney (and which eps have been eliminated so far) here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...3&page=1&pp=20

Be careful! If you accidentally vote for an ep that has already been eliminated, none of your votes will count in that round.

The one thing I haven't found yet--a list of how many votes each ep got in the previous round. I don't think the person who took over the tourney is doing one.....so, all the more important that we vote each time to keep the shippy episodes from being eliminated!

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
                        I wasn't happy with Moebius either, but not
                        Spoiler:
                        because I was afraid they'd mess with the established timeline - I think they're a bit smarter than that! (A bit...) My main two problems with it were, one, that it was RDA's last episode as a regular, essentially the last episode, probably ever, with the original SG1 (yeah, I know Jack wasn't actually still a member of the team, but that's just a technicality ) but it was not, in fact, about the original SG1 at all. The episode should have been a celebration of our team, and of their adventures over the last eight years. IMHO, it was the complete opposite.
                        Spoiler:

And, two, we finally get S&J admitting their feelings to each other, we get a big honkin' kiss....and it's not even them!! That was such a let down.

I was a Janeway/Chakotay shipper too, and that was the one part of Endgame that really annoyed me. Oh, that and we didn't get to see Tom meeting his daughter! (I was also a Tom/B'Elanna shipper...which I suppose makes up for J/C. Sort of.)
                        These were the same reasons I didn't like Mobeius - besides the fact that
                        Spoiler:
                        time travel stories give me a headache! The last episode with Jack, and it's not even really him!
                        That just stinks.

I was a major Tom/B'Elanna shipper, so I hung in with Voyager until the end. Even that ship was shoved to the back burner when it turned into "the 7 of 9 show". I could have really gotten into Janeway and Chakotay, but they stopped writing ship for them so early on that I didn't catch onto it like Tom and B'Elanna. Oh, and for the record, I thought it was really lousy that the series ended without #1) seeing their baby, and #2) getting to see Tom's reunion with his father. Both very important things. :-(
                        - Mary
                        SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                        Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Just be glad that you don't live in Canada. The show is filmed here yet we are the last to get new episodes, this year in mid-November. Not that I care this year. Is anyone else concerned over the new character name in "Eureka." I mean...Jack Carter??? Is this a bad sign over the future of Stargate or maybe a play on words as in "all SCI -FI shows with an X in the title have been shown to be successful."

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
                            I have to choose Threads/Moebius:

Spoiler:
                            Lost City was the best Season finale IMO but Threads and Moebius gave us so much more on the ship front...Sam dumped Pete because she was in love with Jack and there was no vagueness about it or anything, she loved Jack and that was that... We got the lovely observation room scene in Threads and then in Moebius we got THE KISS!!! IMO The best Sam/Jack kiss!!
                            Spoiler:

And I know that we did have to suffer with 'the spud' before we got to that but out of the 1 1/2 seasons Sam and Pete were togetehr there were only ever 2 eps where it was actually acknowleged.....Sam didn't even wear her engagement ring until Threads when she broke up with him!!. IMO two eps of Pete was worth what we got in Threads/Moebius

I totally disagree that we got the "kiss'' is Moebius. That was a comedic kiss to me. That was nothing compared to the halllucinated Grace 'Kiss." Now that was a kiss!! I'm still awaiting the kiss of all kisses, the RL kiss to end all kiss debate.

Originally posted by Rogue
                            Your right. I think TPTB screwed up by airing it as the season finale and RDA last ep. If they had aired it in the middle of the season, it would have been better received.

I totally agree. It's like if they had "The Other Guys" as a finale. Very wrong order of shows.

Or, as Harry Chapin put it:

And the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon,
                            Little boy blue and the man in the moon,
                            When ya comin' home, Dad?
                            I don't know when, but we'll get together then,
                            We're gonna have a good time then.

For those who don't know, Chapin was a great singer/songwriter who died in a car crash in 1980 or 81......

I was singing the above out loud while reading it. Showing my age

Originally posted by ses110
                            nickatell the break between Seasons was a Nightmare and now it does not bother me at all.I tried to give Season 9 a chance and I just cannot watch every episode.I'am going to pick and chose which episodes to watch like TPTB pick and chose which Regs to follow.Lost is my new Number 1 Show.Every episode of Lost is Big and as soon as the episode is over I cannot wait for the new episode.In terms of the Ship on Lost I will never have to hear the would Regs used and I doubt I will have to wait 9 plus Years for a real Kiss between my Favorite Ship characters.

I love Lost too but I'm becoming very interested in this new series "Surface."
                            It really has me on the edge of my seat so far. The same feeling I had when I first saw "Jaws." It's on Monday evenings at 8pm here on the east coast, USA. I know it conflicts with our reruns but I have three TV's and recorders.Just wanted to give this show a plug too
                            Poz

Comment

Originally posted by STARGATE7777
                              Just be glad that you don't live in Canada. The show is filmed here yet we are the last to get new episodes, this year in mid-November. Not that I care this year. Is anyone else concerned over the new character name in "Eureka." I mean...Jack Carter??? Is this a bad sign over the future of Stargate or maybe a play on words as in "all SCI -FI shows with an X in the title have been shown to be successful."
                              It's a lame way to get viewers for the show but a trick which usually works.
                              sigpic

Comment

I have to choose Threads/Moebius:
                                Spoiler:
                                Lost City was the best Season finale IMO but Threads and Moebius gave us so much more on the ship front...Sam dumped Pete because she was in love with Jack and there was no vagueness about it or anything, she loved Jack and that was that... We got the lovely observation room scene in Threads and then in Moebius we got THE KISS!!! IMO The best Sam/Jack kiss!!
                                And I know that we did have to suffer with 'the spud' before we got to that but out of the 1 1/2 seasons Sam and Pete were togetehr there were only ever 2 eps where it was actually acknowleged.....Sam didn't even wear her engagement ring until Threads when she broke up with him!!. IMO two eps of Pete was worth what we got in Threads/Moebius
                                Ahhh, but it wasn't *our* Sam and Jack that did the smooching. It makes a BIG difference to me.
                                Happy

Sig pic by Mala the Magnificent

Comment

Working...
                                X