Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to say how entirely crushed I am that no one commented on my Jackcicle joke...or the joke about which would last better in the summer heat...

...or the follow through about needing to see Solitudes for another Jackcicle ep.

I was really proud of that post...it cracked me up for 10 solid minutes...and not one person noticed!!!

Makes me want to whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine..................

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I'm totally in the middle I love SG-1 and part of me will always say "YEEEESSS!" if someone asks, "season 10?".

But another part of me wants to see the crappiness end (seriously, they've got Daniel acting like Jack and Jack 'n Sam are probably *still* dancing around each other even though the whole "non-frat regs" don't apply!).

And another part of me wants to chain myself to the producers' studio doors yelling, "I'M NOT LEAVING UNTIL YOU SHOW SAM AND JACK SMOOCHIN'!!!" (I'm weird that way ).

Eepers...
      - Miz

Proud Samandan (blue jello all the way!! )

Proud Anti-S9 Forumer (Pro-Original SG-1)

SG-1
      Not your average world-saving squad!!

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
        Come on Nell have faith! JM and the rest are pissed off at RDA for leaving. Gary Jones did a big joke line on how they offeredtrunk loads of money and RDA kept saying it's not the money, I'm tired etc.. But think-Do you remembered where a main character is written off the show the way SG-1 has wriitten Jack off? There is no closure, open ends and no explanations! It was like when Muldar gets abducted by the aliens because DD didn't want to do so many shows. So they brought in Patrick to fill in for DD- so on etc. It is the same. When RDA is coming back??????? But I trust Don! If anyone goes to any con. and Don is there, ask him the question and see what he says. Better indicater then JM and is a better friend with RDA then TPTB and would have the correct answer. Better yet, if we (lots of us) let RDA know how we felt about him and the show by e-mailing his main site ( because according to Don, RDA was upset the way he was written out and thought the fans were against him for leaving- told you this already and RDA basically said this in a interview, few weeks ago) Now if he says no then I'll believe that he is gone forever and never coming back!

Trupi, this is the first that I remember hearing that Don said (1) RDA was upset about the way he was written out (I was furious myself) (2) that Don said RDA thought the fans were against him for leaving. Wouldn't mind if you repeated as much of the talk with him that you remember and care to repeat. As I recall you said something about the specific episode (not the name of it) that Don and RDA would be in. I'm asking this because I'm wondering if I've missed more than that above.

I think a great many fans have no idea why RDA left, even some Gaters show they don't know by what that say on other threads. But really,(just sticking this in, not anything to do with your post) if he left just because he wanted to--it was time, that would be his privilege, too. It doesn't always have to be for a lofty reason such as his daughter or doing charity. And I'm wondering how much nasty mail he got if he thought fans were against him. And I, too, think he's beginning to wonder about the comments coming out out from the studios,(PTB and other actors) dissing him by omission, from what he said in his introduction to the book by whatshername who does all those interviews.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
          Why is everyone so upset about JM's blog? He didn't say anything new. He said what they've been saying for months.....that Rick was "retiring" and wouldn't be back full-time. Nothing new there!

But if you'll pardon the cliche, the only thing that's consistent is change. What could cause things to change? Here are some ideas:

1. A great script idea

2. Enough money

3. Sinking ratings

4. Enough fans staying on TPTB and writing RDA pleading for a return

Trupi, which site is his main site? There are so many RDA sites!!! Is it rdanderson.com? I'll be glad to write, and I bet most of the people here would be too.....and the Gutter Gals......you can't forget the GGs! They're....fanatical!

I like the way you think! Interesting theory.....and kinda in keeping with what minigeek and I have theorized.

IMHO.....just sayin'.
          Scifi.com recommends http://rdanderson.com/ I'm going to keep looking to see if there are any other RDA sites we can use.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            I would like to say how entirely crushed I am that no one commented on my Jackcicle joke...or the joke about which would last better in the summer heat...

...or the follow through about needing to see Solitudes for another Jackcicle ep.

I was really proud of that post...it cracked me up for 10 solid minutes...and not one person noticed!!!

Makes me want to whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine..................

Über! I'm sorry hun! I was going to come play last night but ...... stuff came up.

And I just got in the door this afternoon. But I'll share your Jackcicle! Wait a second..... you thawed him out already, didn't you?

mini

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
              Über! I'm sorry hun! I was going to come play last night but ...... stuff came up.

And I just got in the door this afternoon. But I'll share your Jackcicle! Wait a second..... you thawed him out already, didn't you?

mini
              I understand a properly frozen Jackcicle can last for years...

*did I say that out loud???*

whoops...perhaps I should've said that on a thunk thread...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                Stargate 7777

I hope you 're right but I don't see why RDA would like a year off to be with his daughter just for one year only and then leave her again to come back to Stargate !!! . Usually when you give up work and finally decide to be with your kids ...it's something out of this world ..because you can then get to know them properly . Fancying going back to work after such a wonderful year with your children when you don't need it is a bit pointless ...because a child will still be a child a year later and can constantly show the parents a whole lot of new exciting things . It's neverending . I reckon that when you decide to stop work because you want to be with your kids , you never go back to work full time unless you have too and specially if you have been working for like 30 years before that .

At that point you just may be feeling glad that your kid in that case RDA 's little girl is still young enough . He can see her grow and help her threw her teenage's years may be .

He has a few years before she becomes a teenager and I think he may take all those years to be with her .
                When she is a teenager , she probably won't like daddy to stick around anyway and then if he is bored he may work on a show again .

Most parents in their fifties have already grown up kids who don't really need them anymore but in RDA' case it's all different , his daughter is very young and can show him a whole new world . I think he is gonna fall in love with raising his little girl . He likes to work but he didn't say he likes to work on Stargate only . May be just volontary work in his daughter's school is what will enrich him next . I do think he will choose that option .

The only thing I hope is him to be back in the 2 last episodes of season 9 to resolve the Sam and Jack ship , then call it a day .

Caty

Caty, I agree with most of your post, except in the USA I don't know how many well known men, usually athletes, have said they are retiring "to spend more time with their family" and the next thing you know they are back on a team. Not saying this is the case with RDA just noting how cynical I've become when I hear this declared by said athletes. I think RDA, and I believe he said it, would like to get some acting work, not full-time, in Hollywood. Part-time would mean those 14-15 hours days would be only once in a while and Hollywood would mean no flying to Vancouver. I used to wonder why RDA was taking these adventure trips to China and South America etc. during the long breaks between filming SG when on the one hand he was talking about reducing his SG schedule to be with his daughter and he could have used those breaks to be with her. Shouldn't have been my concern, but couldn't stop my thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                  I understand a properly frozen Jackcicle can last for years...

*did I say that out loud???*

whoops...perhaps I should've said that on a thunk thread...
                  SNORT!

Sorry 'bout earlier. I just found your comment. Had ISP issues last night and it's West Wing Sunday.
                  sigpic

Comment

CheveronSeven >

I'm sorry.

But I had to say.

I LOVE your sig banner!!!
                    - Miz

Proud Samandan (blue jello all the way!! )

Proud Anti-S9 Forumer (Pro-Original SG-1)

SG-1
                    Not your average world-saving squad!!

Comment

Got another fic for y'all. It seems my pendulum of creativity has swung back in the sappy direction, and I coughed up a "part five" to my recent series: No Regrets, sequel to What It Takes. Summary: what happens when Jack and Sam wake up on the couch?

Please R&R!

And while you're at it, read Trigger by Aeryn. It's hilarious, and one of the best S/J fics I've ever read!

Comment

For RDA or any parent who feels time is going too fast

Slipping through my fingers all the time,
                        I try to capture every minute
                        The feeling in it
                        Slipping through my fingers all the time
                        Do I really see what's in her mind
                        Each time I think I'm close to knowing
                        She keeps on growing
                        Slipping through my fingers all the time.

From "Slipping Through My Fingers" by one of the ABBA guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                          Sally

Didn't you say you gave up watching JAG before season 10 because of the lack of shippy resolution betweem Harm and Mac ?? How come you are still watching season 9 SG1 for the ship then ?!! You are just upsetting yourself because of the total lack of ship .
                          ... because i can't stop. i know the ptb are counting on this, but i can't help myself. funny, i was talking to my mom about this last week. i said that i 'wanted' to quit, but that i didn't... want to. i won't have anything else to do. i 'live' on this computer, playing with my obsession (stargate, sam/amanda, jack/rda, ship). i also will *never* get involved in another fandom, so this is really it for me. i'm hanging on for sam/amanda (even though i'm not 100 percent happy in that department) and the possibility of ship (which i'm hoping i get to see before i go into a retirement home).

When David /Harm wanted to leave the show ..Belisario stopped the series and wrapped up the ship in a very nice way . At least Tptb Jag had the decency to resolve the ship in a non sublte way and respected the dedicated shipper fans .
                          even though i don't follow jag fandom, i know others that do. would anyone like to tell caty about what kind of ^&@$ bellisario is/was with his shippers? we might get angry and frustrated with the ptb on stargate, but they're princes compared to mr ego. someone tell caty.

I thought Belisario handled the ship very well in JAG and didn't mess with the shippers when the time was right . I 'm watching season 3, 4 right now and so far so good ..and I know there is more ship in S 5,6 ,7 .
                          I also saw season 8 , 9 and watching season 10 and a lot of episodes are shippy , they don't beat around the bush ..the talks that Harm and Mac have , are really straight forward and you know what they are feeling .
                          and yet we had to put up with mac getting together with anyone 'but' harm. over and over. we had to put up with pete, with only one ep to have to really suffer through for seeing them shippy. can't say the same for jag. i was with jag from the beginning, so by the time the worst of the anti harm/mac stuff came, i couldn't handle it. you're in a better place than me, caty, on that show.

i'm not trying to be sarcastic, caty, i just think you need a better *example* to show the difference between s/j and h/m ptb. in my mind, the comparison = stargate ptb are fantastic!

sally
                          Last edited by majorsal; 25 September 2005, 07:30 PM.
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Miz_Gatez
                            CheveronSeven >

I'm sorry.

But I had to say.

I LOVE your sig banner!!!
                            Thank you!! I love yours too!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Hi to all the Sam fans.

I have a top 25 stargate women poll. Sam is currently #1.

Come check it out...it was recently updated.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=16929
                              Every Tuesday General Hammond gets alittle touch up on his dome. I say, "General Hammond, alittle off the top today?"

Top 25 females of stargate

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=16929

Top 25 males of stargate

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=21105

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz
                                Threads! Sam finally got both her heart and mouth in gear.

She had the chance to tell Jack how she feels in The Lost City but she lost her nerve (No pun intented).

Poz
                                but she was *supposed* to (with a kiss!), but because the show was renewed again...

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X