This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
    You're absolutely right, Über! You all know that I'm no big fan of JM.....but this is as close an admission to canon as I think we can hope for, until (and notice I say "until") RDA returns. Relax. It will happen.
    I agree with you sg-1fan. After all, Wasn't it RDA who asked them not to write the character out? He just needed some well deserved time off to do whatever. I believe it "will happen", too.
    In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
    so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
    Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
    Hic Comitas Regit
    Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
    Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Hey guys!

((((((((Hannah))))))))))

Hope your hand feels better soon!

Re: JM's blog - I feel okay about it, and I'm definitely not angry at JM...But the blog didn't tell us anything we didn't already know.

TLC - or the season eight quadrilogy -

Gotta go with the latter - Why? Sam tries to tell Jack how she feels, but rather than shutting her up, Jack lets her speak. He doesn't deny his feelings for Sam to Kerry, and they go fishing, and it seems that Jack by the end of season eight is thoroughly thawed out and in touch with his heart, unlike season seven when was a Jacksicle.

Re: RDA - This is my thoughts.

I really don't think RDA had any intention of leaving the show full time, but I now think it's unlikely he'll be back...Here's why.

In the time since Don told us that RDA would be back...look at what's happened - TPTB and most of the cast have been forcing Daniel and Vala down our gullets non-stop, TPTB are talking how the sets a better place to be, being very rude by proxy, about RDA. AT's completely changed her tune (and I think TPTB spin-doctoring the actors has a LOT to do with that) and well...need I go on?

I reckon RDA had one look at what the show's morphed into since he left, and realised he's had a lucky escape. And if I were him, I'd be very angry about Jack's treatment too.

Just MO
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Caty I have News for TPTB.SG-1 can go on for 30 Years and most of Hollywood and TV viewers could care less.IMO SG-1 will never be as good as X-Files or some other long running Shows.IMO there's no doubt the Show is past it's prime.I think there could still be some great moments but that's only if RDA comes back for some episodes.I'am waiting for RDA to come back and when the ratings take off I want to hear what some of the Actors and TPTB have to say about that.I think privately some of the Actors and TPTB would admit the Show is not as good without RDA.We'll never hear them admit that in Public.I even think some of the Actors or TPTB would admit in private that the Show should have ended after Season 8.

Comment

Yeah Ses - I think once the show's over, it'll be forgotten very quickly...It won't carry the legacy of say, X Files or Star Trek (pre enterprise that is)

They've run it into the ground. Full stop.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
            Yeah Ses - I think once the show's over, it'll be forgotten very quickly...It won't carry the legacy of say, X Files or Star Trek (pre enterprise that is) They've run it into the ground. Full stop.
            Is it really dead for you all? The idea; the possibility? The very thought of a positive outcome for Sam & Jack? That's truly saddening.

Stargate may not be the same kind of network television institution that, say, The X-Files, was, but it's certainly had its groundbreaking moments. I like to think it was better television than a lot of the stock-standard Major American Network shows that rolled in and rolled out over the years. Certainly for the Sci-Fi genre.

I'm sorry to see the disillusion and melancholy that seems to have co-opted the 'Shipper Family' here. I'm going to go out on a limb and refuse to give up the notion of Sam & Jack. I believe they will get there, eventually, on screen. I really do.

In the interim, you know what they say. Time (and fanfiction!) heals many wounds... perhaps even those of the heart.

Chins up all**
            .A.

PS--> I'd like to thank sueKay, whose comments here a while ago planted the seed that Sam should propose to Jack. I was encouraged to go in that direction with the current story I've been working on by a friend for some time now, and I finally realized that it does make perfect sense. I only hope I did Sam justice with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Anunnaki
              I'm going to go out on a limb and refuse to give up the notion of Sam & Jack. I believe they will get there, eventually, on screen. I really do.

In the interim, you know what they say. Time (and fanfiction!) heals many wounds... perhaps even those of the heart.

Chins up all**
              .A.

PS--> I'd like to thank sueKay, whose comments here a while ago planted the seed that Sam should propose to Jack. I was encouraged to go in that direction with the current story I've been working on by a friend for some time now, and I finally realized that it does make perfect sense. I only hope I did Sam justice with it.
              ((((Anunnaki))))
              Hi hun, I hope we get the resolution on the screen, too. Right now, my consolation is that SAM AND JACK ARE TOGETHER IN-DEED!!!! Pun intended!!! Joe said as much, the together part, although he waffled a bit. Poor guy, TPTB must have the waffling gene when it comes to answering questions!!!!

Yep, I read chap 17. Cool proposal!! Sam is assertive, huh!

I'm re-reading Sally Reeve's, A Second Chance. Parallell process: I'm working through this latest news with a fic reflective of what I may give TPTB!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                I agree MG...things could turn on a dime. But I'm going to rest in the "he ain't comin' back" motel because it'll cause much less stress.

Now if he did come back full time...well, duh, I'd love it. But rather than freak about what I wish I had or wanna have, I'm just going to enjoy what I got and will continue to get and know they easily EASILY could have gone the Mrs. Pete Shanihan route.

And they didn't.

Oh, and...just because I like to say it and it's canon...Sam and Jack are together.
                Über, I agree with everything you've said about JM's comments on his blog Did you read my mind ?

Actually, I think we all knew it :
                - RDA not coming back... even if I still wish he'll come back before the end of the show to make the SJ resolution real
                - no ship in this season... IMO Sam/Jack ship isn't about words, it's about looks and small gestures. If they're not even in the same room, it's really hard to do ship...
                Like you said, now that JM has aknowledged it, SJ ship IS canon
                We know they are together, no matter what happens or anyone else can say

I've not seen S9 eps yet, but I've already decided to take this season as a new show with a new team. I'm ready to give it a chance... but if I don't like how they handle the show, I'll quit. By 'handling the show', I mean good stories and strong characters... not like what they did in S7 or S8. Anyway, now, I'm more interested in Atlantis so it won't be too hard to leave SG1...
                Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

to make you all happy...I present my...

FIRST EVER WALLPAPER!!!!!!

Beneath the Surface - Dreams
                  http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...on_4_bts_1.jpg

It's not that good, but it is my first attempt!

Annunaki - glad I could inspire you! My comments were on the show in general, if it continues into s10 like it has with s9...all the good of years 1 - 7 could be undone.
                  sigpic

Comment

to make you all happy...I present my...

FIRST EVER WALLPAPER!!!!!!

Beneath the Surface - Dreams
                    http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...on_4_bts_1.jpg

It's not that good, but it is my first attempt!

Annunaki - glad I could inspire you! My comments were on the show in general, if it continues into s10 like it has with s9...all the good of years 1 - 7 could be undone.
                    Great wallpaper sueKay ! I love it ! Well, maybe it's because Beneath the Surface is one of my fav episodes, and probably my fav Sam/Jack shippy scene
                    Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

I'm not sure Rick will be back full time but am hopeing for a couple of guest appearances. Thank god we have fan fiction and our own beliefs that Sam and Jack are together. It would be good to have his name mentioned in conversation after all when some one leaves your place of work they are not immediately forgotton, and lets face it who could forget about Jack!!

Shirley

Comment

WELCOME MAJORSHRL!!!!!!

Another Scottish Shipper yay!!!!!!!

OT - I'm from Balloch, Loch Lomond.
                        sigpic

Comment

on the Lost City or Threads/Moebius debate, i'm gonna have to go with Threads/Moebius for the ship.
                          Spoiler:

they dealt more fully with the ship, sam actually broke up with pete. we saw both of them acknowledge their feelings for the other in the same episode. and instead of being left with the feeling that they did both love each other, but one had a boyfriend and the other was FROZEN and hence the possibility of never seeing one another again, i felt that threads and moebius left us with the knowledge that they were actually in the process of getting together. in threads, they showed each other that they love one another and they proved that they were going to do something about that. sam by breaking up with pete and going to jacks house, jack by not fighting at all over breaking up with kerry and in fact pretty much asking her for advice about sam, and also with his "always" scene. then the fishing. they showed them alone fishing at first to say, hey look, these two are together now. everyone knows what fishing means. then they brought out D & T to say, but we still haven't forgotten the other guys. they're still important too ya know.
                          so to me Threads/Moebius was a resolution, and had some closure to it, where Lost City was just a nice acknowledgement that the ship was still there.

there's probably more, but i think i've rambled enough.
                          anyway, they ARE together, and i'm still gonna watch the show for season 9 at least. if they do a 10 i'll probably still watch that too. unless they try to pair sam off with someone else or have s/j break up or something. cos if they do that then god knows what else they could try to do. its madness i tell ya.

and i've never been mad at JM. he's been on our side from the start.

Comment

Hey guys!

((((((((Hannah))))))))))

Hope your hand feels better soon!

Re: JM's blog - I feel okay about it, and I'm definitely not angry at JM...But the blog didn't tell us anything we didn't already know.

TLC - or the season eight quadrilogy -

Gotta go with the latter - Why? Sam tries to tell Jack how she feels, but rather than shutting her up, Jack lets her speak. He doesn't deny his feelings for Sam to Kerry, and they go fishing, and it seems that Jack by the end of season eight is thoroughly thawed out and in touch with his heart, unlike season seven when was a Jacksicle.

Re: RDA - This is my thoughts.

I really don't think RDA had any intention of leaving the show full time, but I now think it's unlikely he'll be back...Here's why.

In the time since Don told us that RDA would be back...look at what's happened - TPTB and most of the cast have been forcing Daniel and Vala down our gullets non-stop, TPTB are talking how the sets a better place to be, being very rude by proxy, about RDA. AT's completely changed her tune (and I think TPTB spin-doctoring the actors has a LOT to do with that) and well...need I go on?

I reckon RDA had one look at what the show's morphed into since he left, and realised he's had a lucky escape. And if I were him, I'd be very angry about Jack's treatment too.

Just MO
                            What do you mean by "AT has completely changed her tune"? Last time I read any interviews with her, she metnioned that she missed RDA, which was more than MS and CJ said. Even Brad Wright and Robert Cooper only mentioned RDA in that large 3 part interview with GW when GW asked them about him.

Comment

WELCOME MAJORSHRL!!!!!!

Another Scottish Shipper yay!!!!!!!

OT - I'm from Balloch, Loch Lomond.
                              Perfect Suekay! My daughter is learning the song and she has to define what the word "gloaming" means from the line "And the moon coming out in the gloaming". Thanks
                              sigpic

Comment

Why is everyone so upset about JM's blog? He didn't say anything new. He said what they've been saying for months.....that Rick was "retiring" and wouldn't be back full-time. Nothing new there!

But if you'll pardon the cliche, the only thing that's consistent is change. What could cause things to change? Here are some ideas:

1. A great script idea

2. Enough money

3. Sinking ratings

4. Enough fans staying on TPTB and writing RDA pleading for a return

Originally posted by trupi
                                Better yet, if we (lots of us) let RDA know how we felt about him and the show by e-mailing his main site ( because according to Don, RDA was upset the way he was written out and thought the fans were against him for leaving- told you this already and RDA basically said this in a interview, few weeks ago) Now if he says no then I'll believe that he is gone forever and never coming back!
                                Trupi, which site is his main site? There are so many RDA sites!!! Is it rdanderson.com? I'll be glad to write, and I bet most of the people here would be too.....and the Gutter Gals......you can't forget the GGs! They're....fanatical!
                                Originally posted by STARGATE7777
                                RDA was on a prime time show for 7 years and on a major network. People know him and know of him. There was a reason that his name appeared before the title. He gave legitimacy to an unknown show on a cable network. Over the past few years MGM and now Sony have done everything to keep him on the show. They have not renewed the show until RDA has signed on. Now, this season they suddenly take a chance for what appears to be 2 years. I'm not buying it! I feel that RDA asked for a season off with the provision that he return in some capacity in season 10. This is , for want of a better term, a throwaway year. TPTB were counting on fan loyalty to get them through the year no matter what was the quality was. I also believe that is why they have totally revamped the show; new villians, new characters. I believe that RDA is like Jack, a lot smarter and involved than people give him credit. Again, this is only my opinion but I truly believe that RDA is coming back - His comments on how much he enjoys his work, the lack of a proper send-off, the little info on where he is (on Stargate). Sorry for rambling but don't give up hope just yet. As I said on another thread I believe RDA is just "Taking this loop off."
                                I like the way you think! Interesting theory.....and kinda in keeping with what minigeek and I have theorized.

IMHO.....just sayin'.

Comment

Working...
                                X