This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ses110
    I think I'am starting to understand why there is so much divorce in Hollywood.
    i am totally there with you, but, not to sound selfish, what about us... the fans... S/J shippers area huge art of the fandom... a quick one night stand is not what we are about....
    ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
      I don't think she, or Joe, or anyone else, got to pick her gynecologist. As least that was my impression. The medical profession, I thought, was completely under Ashen control.

And Sam had no reason to believe Joe was keeping anything from her until Janet examined her under the radar. If Joe had not behaved in a demanding way before this situation erupted, Sam would try to make allowances to a point, I think. Especially if she knew Joe had reason to be uneasy with her relationship with Jack. I'm not excusing Joe. I just don't feel that Sam necessarily had been treated that way by Joe in the past.
      LOL! Okay, I definitely was not clear when I wrote my previous response. I threw out "gynecologist" because I was looking for something personal that she should decide for herself, not have her husband decide for her. I in no way meant this in relation to the actual episode or the Aschen.

So are you saying that you would see no problem with a husband deciding that his wife shouldn't work where she works anymore? Or should quit a group, club, or volunteer organization for her whether she wants to or not? Because that's basically what Joe did to Sam when he insisted she not be included in the big plan.

If she didn't want to argue with Joe in front of her friends and Jack, that's fine, but it's pretty apparent by the time they try to send the message that he's still calling the shots and she's still not involved in the actual sending of the note. Only at the last minute does she tell him to take a hike and do what she should have done all along.

Could the mission have been jeopardized by the fact that she wasn't part of the plan itself? Quite possibly. If they'd had an extra person in the attempt, maybe Daniel, Teal'c, and the other Jaffa would have had the time to shoot out the defense system before it killed them. I know, I know, it's a stretch. But the fact of the matter was, the success of the mission was jeopardized by her not being involved, yet she allowed Joe to decide for her that she wouldn't be.
      - Mary
      SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
      Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Lexa Jayde
        i am totally there with you, but, not to sound selfish, what about us... the fans... S/J shippers area huge art of the fandom... a quick one night stand is not what we are about....
        I guess that don't care! They know how the shipper are, and to be so hurtful
        I guess most of the shipper family has more heart and soul then TPTB and some of the actors. They just don't realize it now as the money rolls in. Just wait until they are in the unemployment line. We'll see who has the last laugh. Especially when they start a new project-guess who will not be watching!!!!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
          IMO-Once again AT talks before thinking and upsetting most of her support. How could she think that saying that they "did it" and then went their separate ways, generates any respect for her character. I'm 5 years older then AT and in our day a girl who hopped in and out of beds is called something and to say that about doing this to Jack who has done nothing but support Sam-another term is hooked to her character. Only making me wish (don't kill me) that Jack gets smart and goes back to Kerry, who right now is the only one that show any concern for our beloved Jack's welfare. That a woman who knew what she wanted and when to walk away without her tail between her legs. Can this be said about Sam?
          Well, all I can say about the interview is thank goodness AT isn't writing the stories. I can understand her being tired of answering ship questions, but it is disappointing to think that her view of Sam and Jacks feelings for each other are so shallow.
          Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
            Well, all I can say about the interview is thank goodness AT isn't writing the stories. I can understand her being tired of answering ship questions, but it is disappointing to think that her view of Sam and Jacks feelings for each other are so shallow.
            Amen to that!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
              LOL! Okay, I definitely was not clear when I wrote my previous response. I threw out "gynecologist" because I was looking for something personal that she should decide for herself, not have her husband decide for her. I in no way meant this in relation to the actual episode or the Aschen.

So are you saying that you would see no problem with a husband deciding that his wife shouldn't work where she works anymore? Or should quit a group, club, or volunteer organization for her whether she wants to or not? Because that's basically what Joe did to Sam when he insisted she not be included in the big plan.

If she didn't want to argue with Joe in front of her friends and Jack, that's fine, but it's pretty apparent by the time they try to send the message that he's still calling the shots and she's still not involved in the actual sending of the note. Only at the last minute does she tell him to take a hike and do what she should have done all along.

Could the mission have been jeopardized by the fact that she wasn't part of the plan itself? Quite possibly. If they'd had an extra person in the attempt, maybe Daniel, Teal'c, and the other Jaffa would have had the time to shoot out the defense system before it killed them. I know, I know, it's a stretch. But the fact of the matter was, the success of the mission was jeopardized by her not being involved, yet she allowed Joe to decide for her that she wouldn't be.
              As I recollect, Joe would give the GDO to O'Neill contingent upon Jack's promise that Sam would not participate in the mission!!! Jack not Sam made the decision. She appeared to 'follow' Jack's 'order'!! Then, in the final moments, Sam disobeyed Jack's 'order' and she effectively got the message through to the SGC in the Past!!! Sam was conflicted and ambivalent!! But she came through for her team and the mission in the end!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                As I recollect, Joe would give the GDO to O'Neill contingent upon Jack's promise that Sam would not participate in the mission!!! Jack not Sam made the decision. She appeared to 'follow' Jack's 'order'!! Then, in the final moments, Sam disobeyed Jack's 'order' and she effectively got the message through to the SGC in the Past!!! Sam was conflicted and ambivalent!! But she came through for her team and the mission in the end!!!
                Nell you absolutely hit the nail on the head!!! She was following orders! I had forgotten about that conversation between Jack and Joe!

Poz

Comment

Ok.....on the latest AT article debate.....i will say it again. I think AT is just saying what fits in the new reality. RDA is gone, and many fans felt Sam's character was greatly damaged by her "personal" issues over the last two seasons. So, if AT doesn't support the ship in articles, it's a way of coming back to the center and pulling back in some of the fans who really hate her because of the last two years. It also makes her appear more open to the "new reality" of the show without RDA. Remember, we praised her many times for being the only person who publicly supported RDA last spring, when CJ, MS and TPTB were all making jokes about his age. Perhaps she was given an ultimatum after that, and told she needed to "get with the program." After all, they can now threaten her with CB.

I think through her comments at cons, she knows the ship fan base will know how she really feels. I can't believe that AT truly doesn't believe in THE SHIP. Perhaps she's known Rick so long that she can't imagine being married to him, so it doesn't seem right for Sam to her either. After all, RDA has dated many women who have probably imagined being married to him.....but he has never settled down. I'm just saying your personal perceptions about someone could affect your outlook on his character, no matter how much you care about him as a friend. Does that make any sense?

Originally posted by galaxy
                  Hello shippers!!!
                  Couldn't come and chat with you yesterday, because they've found 3(!) unexploded bombs from WW2 near our house , so they had to evacuate everyone in a certain radius (including me).
                  And although that's normally no big deal and doesn't take longer than a few hours, it ended up taking the whole day, because one of the duds was not a normal aircraft bomb, but something else (don't ask me...) and they had to request a special instrument to defuse it.
                  Gosh, galaxy! That's scary! Glad it's over and everyone is ok.

Originally posted by Cathain Nottingham
                  Okay I have a challange for anyone who'd like to take it...

If we were to create a S/J Soundtrack - what songs should / would be on it?
                  After All by Peter Cetera (an oldie, but it’s perfect for them)
                  The Broken Road by Rascal Flatts (To me, the Stargate represents the broken road)
                  Memories of Us by Keith Urban
                  Something by James Taylor (another oldie, I know!)
                  Here, There & Everywhere by the Beatles (and yet, another oldie!)

Happy Birthday, Billie!
                  Happy Belated Birthday, Tame!
                  Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 19 September 2005, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                    Ok.....on the latest AT article debate.....i will say it again. I think AT is just saying what fits in the new reality. RDA is gone, and many fans felt Sam's character was greatly damaged by her "personal" issues over the last two seasons. So, for AT to not support the ship in articles is a way of coming back to the center and pulling back in some of the fans who really hate her because of the last two years. It also makes her appear more open to the "new reality" of the show without RDA. Remember, we praised her many times for being the only person who publicly supported RDA. Perhaps she was given an ultimatum after that, and told she needed to "get with the program." After all, they can now threaten her with CB.

I think through her comments at cons, she knows the ship fan base will know how she really feels. I can't believe that AT truly doesn't believe in THE SHIP. Perhaps she's known Rick so long that she can't imagine being married to him, so it doesn't seem right for Sam to her either. After all, RDA has dated many women who have probably imagined being married to him.....but he has never settled down. I'm just saying your personal perceptions about someone could affect your outlook on his character, no matter how much you care about him as a friend. Does that make any sense?

Gosh, galaxy! That's scary! Glad it's over and everyone is ok.

After All by Peter Cetera (an oldie, but it’s perfect for them)
                    The Broken Road by Rascal Flatts (To me, the Stargate represents the broken road)
                    Memories of Us by Keith Urban
                    Something by James Taylor (another oldie, I know!)
                    Here, There & Everywhere by the Beatles (and yet, another oldie!)

Happy Birthday, Billie!
                    Happy Belated Birthday, Tame!
                    You're probably right but AT knows how anal shippers are about the J/S relationship, she should say nothing about the ship on these interviews or at least say that it is not up to her how the relationship goes but TPTB. It would make us happy. However, AT does have say on how the script is written for her character (a little birdie whispered it in my ear at the convention). I know she wants to continue to work on SG-1 but these comments jeopodize her future career and make her character look shallow (and worst).
                    sigpic

Comment

sg-1fanintn You make some great point but it all goes back to trying to make everyone Happy.It cannot be done.I also really hope TPTB are not threating any of the Actors with sticking with the Company line.It really does not surprise me if it does happen.Some Fans will never like Sam whether Sam is with Jack or not.Some Fans will always see Sam as a threat to Daniel because Sam takes some of the spotlight away from Daniel.Some Fans see Sam getting in the way of the Jack and Daniel Friendship.At will only lose by trying to please both sides.Sometimes it's better to take a stand one way or the other.

Comment

sg-1fanintn You make some great point but it all goes back to trying to make everyone Happy.It cannot be done.I also really hope TPTB are not threating any of the Actors with sticking with the Company line.It really does not surprise me if it does happen.Some Fans will never like Sam whether Sam is with Jack or not.Some Fans will always see Sam as a threat to Daniel because Sam takes some of the spotlight away from Daniel.Some Fans see Sam getting in the way of the Jack and Daniel Friendship.At will only lose by trying to please both sides.Sometimes it's better to take a stand one way or the other.
                        i understand what you are saying there ses110... it just is a little frustrating, to me at least, to have been a shipper this long and or the actress not to believe in it, thats a little hard to accept.. but i do get the point that AT has known RDA for a long time and cant picture herself married to him....

Comment

Couldn't have said it any better! Goodnight everyone and think nice shippy thoughts-like long time relationship, no one night stands -weddings~~~~
                          Night!
                          sigpic

Comment

Couldn't have said it any better! Goodnight everyone and think nice shippy thoughts-like long time relationship, no one night stands -weddings~~~~
                            Night!
                            Goodnight Trupi!!! sweet shippy dreams

and i agree.... we want weddings!!!!

Comment

I'am confused.Why does AT have to picture being Married to RDA?I though it was the Sam and Jack Ship not AT and RDA Ship.Goodnight everyone.

Comment

You're probably right but AT knows how anal shippers are about the J/S relationship, she should say nothing about the ship on these interviews or at least say that it is not up to her how the relationship goes but TPTB. It would make us happy. However, AT does have say on how the script is written for her character (a little birdie whispered it in my ear at the convention). I know she wants to continue to work on SG-1 but these comments jeopodize her future career and make her character look shallow (and worst).
                                I agree that it would be best to say as little as possible. These latest comments indicate she's just trying to kind of laugh it off and get away from the topic as quickly as possible. Again, I think that supports my premise that TPTB have asked her to support the new reality. I just can't forget that she was the only person who didn't make fun of RDA and Jack after his departure last spring. And remember, she was on leave when most of those comments were made.....hmmmmm.....

Comment

Working...
                                X