X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minigeek
    To my knowledge,
    Spoiler:
    Rick was asked to come back for a further two episodes in season nine; potentially for the finale. That's one of the reasons I'd also asked Joe whether and when we'd see RDA again during season nine. Quite frankly, his comment ("not this year") surprised us all here - because we knew about the offer. Unless he did mean 2006, or something changed in Rick's availability. When did Don mention this to trupi? Before or after he shot Ripple Effect? Do you know?

M.G.
    Spoiler:
    It also is possible that, while there was an offer, Rick said no - not because he wasn't available but because of what's been going on in the press for the show. Personally, I have no problem believing this, since they've done nothing but disrespect him since the end of last season. I know I wouldn't be quick to go back to these "people."
    - Mary
    SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
    Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by nell
      I see we've got some posting milestones including, ahem, my own at 700!!!

gatebee 4000
      Anubis 1900
      stargate barbie 900
      Cathain 700
      lonely_star 400

If I omitted anyone, someone please add their milestone, thanks!!!
      Yeah you forgot one!

Nell 700

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz
        I'll follow S/J ship anywhere

Poz
        Okay I'm glad I figured I should ask the S/J girls before I did anything!

Comment

Originally posted by Cathain Nottingham
          Okay I'm glad I figured I should ask the S/J girls before I did anything!

***blushes*** Thanks!!!!!

Ooops, wrong "post reply" !!! Thanks for the congrats one post up!!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Somnium
            Squuuuuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

Bravo ST-1 I love it, its soooooooooo fab. What more can I say other than truly excellent lots of green for you
            Thank you! Thanks also to everybody else who greened me. Can't wait till I can green people right back! Sadly, I don't think us "Jaffa Fodder" are allowed to do that.

Anyway, WRT this fic...I was up until 3:00 this AM trying to get everything just right! You'd think writing a
            Spoiler:
            BIG HONKIN' KISS
            would be easy, but it's HARD! Harder still is writing it while staying true to these particular characters. Since S&J are typically so stolid, writing a romantic scene for them is doubly hard. What I ended up doing was deleting close to half of the dialog I initially wrote, since historically S&J don't do an awful lot of talking. They do a lot of "meaningful glances" and minor gestures, which...you guessed it...are HARD to write! Throw in detail and emotion, and...well, that's why I was up 'til 3.

I can't imagine how torturous it must have been for the show's writers to tactfully insert ship into whole episodes while staying faithful to the characters. This may shed a little light on why they couldn't satisfactorily resolve the ship, and on why they aren't currently pursuing it. I'm sure it got painfully tedious, especially towards the end of S8.

Plus, they're guys. 'Nuff said.

Comment

minigeek- That RDA pic sounds great to me! Yes I'll admit, I think RDA is (can one say hot here? If not then he is) very good looking!

Cathain- If it is PG-13 or under I'd read it. I have nothing against writers who write over PG-13, some of them are very good writers. I just prefer not to read it.

Can I run a fic idea by everyone? I thought of writing a S/J fic that deals with their romance in a past life. It would be S/J but also them as different characters. Would anyone read that or is it too stupid?

Spoiler:
              Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
                minigeek- That RDA pic sounds great to me! Yes I'll admit, I think RDA is (can one say hot here? If not then he is) very good looking!

Cathain- If it is PG-13 or under I'd read it. I have nothing against writers who write over PG-13, some of them are very good writers. I just prefer not to read it.

Can I run a fic idea by everyone? I thought of writing a S/J fic that deals with their romance in a past life. It would be S/J but also them as different characters. Would anyone read that or is it too stupid?

i would gladly read it and i dont thinkn that it would be stupid at all
                ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                  well i know that i I were amanda or RDA for that matter, i'd insist on a lot of takes. just to make sure they got it right. ya know, for the sake of the show.
                  now i know that AT is happily married and all, but c'mon, she is only human. and the show is important. (allforthesakeoftheshow)
                  yes, the sacrifices amanda makes for her craft... what a selfless woman.

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                    Okay, I adored that show (Vega$) and have every ep on tape, but I *never* saw a ship there. They behaved like siblings, IMO - big sister and little brother, no less. Sorta like . . . Jonas and Sam. <g>

well... yeah... i just *wanted* them together!

like i wanted doug and susan on ER.

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      well... yeah... i just *wanted* them together!

like i wanted doug and susan on ER.

sally
                      DOUG and SUSAN?!?! That's new. I liked Doug and Carol. And was wanting Susan and Mark to get together. I miss the old ER.

Spoiler:
                      Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                        yes, the sacrifices amanda makes for her craft... what a selfless woman.

sally

i agree with you and as Amanda said... "some ones gotta do it"

heehee

i also love the mucking around on the set that we see on the behind the scenes of stargate on the DVDs
                        ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

DOUG and SUSAN?!?! That's new. I liked Doug and Carol. And was wanting Susan and Mark to get together. I miss the old ER.
                          yep totally agree with you here I miss the old ER and Doug and Carol, and Mark and Susan and Mark and Elisabeth and ... ok got to stop here there are so many ships in this show

I've just seen THE Ex Deus Machina moment and of course, I squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed !!!! that's good !! I so was thinking, poor Agent Barett

congrats guys !!
                          gatebee 4000
                          Anubis 1900
                          stargate barbie 900
                          Cathain 700
                          Nell 700

ST-1 it was worth it going to bed late and deleting a huge part of the dialogue cause it was great as usual thanks !

Cathain, it's a good idea and I'll read it for sure...just as I'd be very glad to read more of A major and her gentleman or My I have this dance (see how subtle is my kick in your b*** )

got to go and work all the day guys, I'll be back later on...got this report to write so have a little thought for me please I wish I had this device they have in Upgrades, so I could type it in a few hours and then hang out with your here

Comment

I wish I had this device they have in Upgrades, so I could type it in a few hours and then hang out with your here
                            Don't we all? Oh well, happy shipping!
                            Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

What I don't understand is why would JM be vague and say that RDA would not return "this year" when many viewers may not understand about the 2005/2006 thing and leave anyway. Wouldn't it have been better to have said the decision hasn't been made on his part yet or something to that effect? If it wasn't for Don telling Trupi that RDA was coming back for the finale, I would honestly think that he wasn't.

I do know one thing and that is if he doesn't come back for Season 10 in some capacity I think the ship will have sailed. I mean come on how long can you drag this out before even us diehard shippers will give up.

Comment

Definately under PG-13 - its sort of a fluff fic

And I think that would make a great story! If you write it let me know please!

Comment

Working...
                                X