Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry to go all OT on you guys here, but do any of you brits/irish out there think that shelly from corrie looks a wee bit like amanda tapping?

P.S. i like s/j ship. remember Window of Opportunity and Entity? remember how shippy they were? i like ship... *sigh*

Comment

Hey eoin, NIIICE with the s/j pic. way to ingraciate yourself to the family.
      Last edited by stargate barbie; 11 September 2005, 04:11 PM. Reason: forgot my lousy tags. ggrrrrrrrrr

Comment

lol no way...AT is to gorgous(sp?) to look like shelly
        The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
          Hey eoin, NIIICE with the s/j pic. way to ingraciate yourself to the family.
          thanx... i hav alot more

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
            Even if she were personally against the ship (which I hope she isn't), this doesn't make sense given what we were apparently supposed to get from "Threads". (I don't know when she actually made that ridiculous statement.)

What kind of question can you ask about blowing up a sun? About what else are we supposed to ask? Every year we get screwed, we're supposed to take it in silence?

Why was the issue on the front burner? Because of the cluster**** that was . And who was responsible for that? Certainly not us, who, after 8.5 years,
            Spoiler:
            still don't even have a single real kiss.
            Hey...I'm on your side...I'm just seeing it from the actress's perspective.

She doesn't want her character to be perceived as weak...she wants Sam to grow...she wants to do new things...that's cool. But Amanda appreciates the fans, appreciates the Sam/Jack ship...and I'll bet won't mind revisiting it again in the future...but let some time pass and let Sam show what her dealing with her personal struggles have made her into as a person, as an officer and as the leader of SG-1.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by eoin
              lol no way...AT is to gorgous(sp?) to look like shelly
              i still think they look a wee, teeny weeny, tiny bit alike though. and shelly is quite pretty but AT is an absolute stunner.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                She doesn't want her character to be perceived as weak...she wants Sam to grow...she wants to do new things...that's cool.
                That's what I don't get. did an extraordinary amount of needless damage to Sam's character. Far more than S/J "pining" ever has. She could have done "new things" with Jack.

let Sam show what her dealing with her personal struggles have made her into as a person, as an officer and as the leader of SG-1.
                SG-1's writers don't really 'do' emotional continuity.

Comment

Hey...I'm on your side...I'm just seeing it from the actress's perspective.

She doesn't want her character to be perceived as weak...she wants Sam to grow...she wants to do new things...that's cool. But Amanda appreciates the fans, appreciates the Sam/Jack ship...and I'll bet won't mind revisiting it again in the future...but let some time pass and let Sam show what her dealing with her personal struggles have made her into as a person, as an officer and as the leader of SG-1.

i totally agree, if i were AT i'd probably get sick of being asked the same question every single time i gave an interview. and i'd try as many varying answers as possible to try to discourage more of them. for all we know TPTB could be asking her to say stuff to throw us off the trail. and i also find that a lot of these published interviews tend to distort and paraphrase quotes so that they don't really relay the true opinions of the actors. that or they tend to use really out of date answers and try to put a new spin on them.

here's a question,
                  has AT ever said anything really negative about s/j ship at a convention? and i mean that we have proof of and wasn't transcribed by a complete anti shipper.

i once read a few different reports and tidbits from the one convention, by shippers, anti shippers, noromos and those who didn't give a monkeys, and it was like the anti shipper and the shipper were at completely different conventions and the others were leaning slightly more towards the shippers perspective on things but were somewhere in the middle.

it's amazing how the personal bias of a person can determine how such things are depicted. and thats why i tend not to buy into most of these magazine interviews and whatnot.

and finally, i know that my opinion at a given time can be at least partially dependant on my mood, the time of day, whether or not i'm hungry, who i've been hanging around with and what they've had to say, if i'm sleepy, bored, grumpy, bashful and any number of other dwarfs. If and i stress IF, amanda tapping did actually say anything even remotely negative about ship, it could be for countless reasons and i wouldn't worry about it because i do firmly believe that she does like the idea of it as long as it doesn't take over the character and become the most important thing about who she is.

that was way longer than i had anticipated. well done to anybody who made it to the end, cos i certainly didn't..... wait, how does that work.

Comment

Stargate barbie - nope sorry not seeing the resemlence apart from the blonde hair!

ST-1 - Really loving your fic, is there gonna be more?

Eoin - Welcome to the family

Uber - Am still voting for you, that vid rocks I have the song stuck in my head! And Im with you on the Sam in charge of SG1, well done you for standing your own.

SueKay - Good Luck again and remember to enjoy as RDA says LTS!

[Random Ramble] It seems I have developed my own personal sheild that repels all and any anti ship vibes! I am impervious to all negative ship comments (i think its called reading too much fic, is that possible!). I seem to be in permenant squuee mode Well it doesnt matter what I do or dont see on screen, I just have this little voice in my head that reminds me S&J are together and plays out my own shippy scenes while reading/watching anything Stargate, its great. Oh well ever the optimist! [/Random Ramble]

Comment

parsifal AT and RDA have such great chemistry and look like they have a great time on the Show.I would think they would want there characters to get together.I may not be making sense but I would think they would be curious to see how the relationship played out on screen.IMO it's been a waste of such great chemistry and a waste of 2 great characters.If I was an Actor I would want to do it all.Action adventure Comedy and Ship.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                        parsifal AT and RDA have such great chemistry and look like they have a great time on the Show.I would think they would want there characters to get together.I may not be making sense but I would think they would be curious to see how the relationship played out on screen.IMO it's been a waste of such great chemistry and a waste of 2 great characters.If I was an Actor I would want to do it all.Action adventure Comedy and Ship.
                        Agreed, but then we start getting into how TPTB are incapable of writing romance if one of the people in the relationship isn't an alien. Sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by Somnium
                          Eoin - Welcome to the family
                          Thanx- its good to finally be here

This pic made me laugh for ages

Comment

Originally posted by eoin
                            Thanx- its good to finally be here

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...hip/820_21.jpg
                            This pic made me laugh for ages

eoin, WELCOME!!!

I must admit that when I clicked on your sig link, your wee little prank STARTLED the heck out of me!!! I was so surprised that I had to slap down the lid of my laptop and it still made funny noises!!! Kinda scary!! I'll be looking out for your practical jokes!! nell
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                              eoin, WELCOME!!!

I must admit that when I clicked on your sig link, your wee little prank STARTLED the heck out of me!!! I was so surprised that I had to slap down the lid of my laptop and it still made funny noises!!! Kinda scary!! I'll be looking out for your practical jokes!! nell
                              ROFL Its good though...people are so unexpecting it
                              Its good to be here .....

Comment

Just thinking about UST and RST, and how TPTB keep telling us that once Sam and Jack get together, they would never be able to go through the gate together again. I thought of one really good example of action, comedy and romance mixing on TV. I'm sure other shippers can remember others, but how many remember the show, Hart to Hart ? It was a McGyver era show, also on ABC in the States. Robert Wagner and Stephanie Powers starred as a wealthy married couple who stumbled over and solved mysteries (usually murders) together. It did very well for several years, and although the ST was resolved, it was incredibly sexy, and the adventure never suffered. Who can think of other successful shows that featured RST?

Comment

Working...
                                X