Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I don't know WHATis going on with the forum, but ! I must really love my Shipper Family to put myself through this torture!

Originally posted by Oma-1
    Token - Wanna post a really snarky, sarcastic plot line involving lots of S/J ship?
    I tried to write a snarky, sarcastic plot line for you, but it didn't come out that way. Now I know how fanfic authors feel when the story they start to write takes on a mind of its own. It's a little long. GW freezes up every time I try to post it. I've been trying since yesterday morning! Desperation caused me to upload it as a fanfic ! It was only meant for the Shipper Family, but I couldn't think of another way to share it. Anyway, here is the link for a bit of frivolous fun!

http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...ityknocks.html
    (this is the smiley for the end )

Token ~

Comment

hey. just read a good fic on ff.net called "the rest of babylon". haven't seen any season 9 eps, including last nights, but i enjoyed the fic nonetheless. its just the kind of fic i look forward to, where someone makes shippy moments where ordinarily there was little or none to start with.

Comment

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spoiler for tokens ficlet
        Spoiler:
        'I need crumbs all over my body!'

BRAVO BRAVO!!!!!!

*gets her breath back*

ooh...token...are you going to delve into the world of fanfic now???
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Happy Birthday, ses & LOL4JACK!
          May all your Birthday Wishes come true!!

This is what Sam and Jack do
          when the camera is off!

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
            ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spoiler for tokens ficlet
            Spoiler:
            'I need crumbs all over my body!'

BRAVO BRAVO!!!!!!

*gets her breath back*

ooh...token...are you going to delve into the world of fanfic now???
            Thanks, sueKay!!! But....no! I will leave the real fanfic for your capable hands and creative mind!

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Anunnaki
              Hi folks, sg1fanintn pointed me over here. Talk about a happy-go-lucky group! Last night, one of my favourite Sam/Jack fanfiction authors wrote en episode insert for Babylon that I think many of you might love to read (based on some of the sad posts I see in the last two pages here).

I'm sure most of you already know of Kate McKay, the story is called "The Rest of Babylon" and I highly recommend it after yesterday's episode. It's everything we didn't get to see last night...

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2573431/1/

Cheers**
              .A.
              hey, sorry, i missed a page in my quick skimming of posts and missed your post about this fic. d'oh!

Comment

Hi folks, sg1fanintn pointed me over here. Talk about a happy-go-lucky group! Last night, one of my favourite Sam/Jack fanfiction authors wrote en episode insert for Babylon that I think many of you might love to read (based on some of the sad posts I see in the last two pages here).

I'm sure most of you already know of Kate McKay, the story is called "The Rest of Babylon" and I highly recommend it after yesterday's episode. It's everything we didn't get to see last night...

Cheers**
                .A.

Anunnaki
                To the Shipper Family!

Thanks for the link!! That was FANTABULOUS!!! I am absolutely POSITIVE that is exactly what happened!! As we say in the Family, "That's my story...."

Token ~

Comment

Wow, now that is quite a fabulous welcome. I'm very happy to 'meet' all of you.

PS-> I love all the birthday artwork you've been passing back and forth; it's hilarious!

Cheers**
                  .A.

Comment

Um, just checking in!! Hello, hello??!! Well, I just bought Seasons 1 and 4 on a 25% off sale at Best Buy in the D.C. area!!! I purchased Season 7 a couple of weeks ago at full price and they credited me for the sale price. So, cost is $32.99 each. Not bad, I think. Don't tell me if you got it cheaper!!! I'm basking in my savings' savvy purchase tonight!!! Seriously, if you got it cheaper that is terrific!!

Although I feel a little funny spending $100 on DVDs. My little hobby began with watching the show, reading fanfics, posting on the forum, videotaping the shows, writing a fanfic or two, Beta-ing for a Ship writer, buying one Stargate magazine, buying Sally Reeve's A Matter of Honor from the U.K.(no, I ordered it not fly over to buy it, hee, hee!!), and now I have dropped $100 within two weeks on DVDs. Hmmm, now that I reflect on this I am making a logical progression in developing my hobby. Actually, my hubby encouraged me to buy the DVDs. So, maybe I shouldn't feel funny about spending that amount of money but pleased and happy that I have a fun and pleasurable activity. OK, I'm gonna rip the shrink wrap off all those boxed sets and have a whole lotta Ship viewing!!!!!!!!!!

I hope this comes across the right way cause I know alot of you have spent lots of money especially for conventions. I'm just pondering my investment in The Ship. The creative ways have been fabulous for me. The socializing is dear to me. So, maybe I'm just adjusting to the cost of a hobby.

So, how have any of you developed your Shippy hobby??? What do you enjoy the best about your hobby? Writing? Graphics arts? Etc. Did you discover a talent or interest that you did not expect?

Please don't tell me I'm off topic because this is about the Whys and Whats of how we Ship.
                    Last edited by nell; 10 September 2005, 08:01 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                      So, how have any of you developed your Shippy hobby??? What do you enjoy the best about your hobby? Writing? Graphics arts? Etc. Did you discover a talent or interest that you did not expect?

Please don't tell me I'm off topic because this is about the Whys and Whats of how we Ship.
                      I threw myself into Stargate after it jumped from Showtime to syndication and SciFi channel. I taped every episode even though I watched it, bought the illustrated companions and began my DVD collection. What really fueled all of that was reading fan fiction actually.

On a dare I was challenged to write a story and submit it to see what would happen - I did and now 50+ stories later I own every season out, I have all of the magazines and books that come out in the US (I'm trying to figure out a way to snag some of the UK books), various calendars that I got for Christmas and such (one of which is right here at my desk), an ever growing fan fiction portfolio and in the past month I've begun doing some manips and such.

Not to mention the websites I run or co-run, which include two YahooGroups, two RPGs and my official site.

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                        Ok, I don't know WHATis going on with the forum, but ! I must really love my Shipper Family to put myself through this torture!

I tried to write a snarky, sarcastic plot line for you, but it didn't come out that way. Now I know how fanfic authors feel when the story they start to write takes on a mind of its own. It's a little long. GW freezes up every time I try to post it. I've been trying since yesterday morning! Desperation caused me to upload it as a fanfic ! It was only meant for the Shipper Family, but I couldn't think of another way to share it. Anyway, here is the link for a bit of frivolous fun!

http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...ityknocks.html
                        (this is the smiley for the end )

This was GREAT!!!! You should write fanfics.

Spoiler:
                        Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Cheers**
                          .A.
                          WELCOME Anunnaki !!!! It's good to see you here

Ses110!! A belated Happy Birthday to you! I hope it was the best!

Poz

For those who don't know Anunnaki from the S & J group, this shipper has written some great fanfics !
                          Last edited by SG1Poz; 10 September 2005, 09:37 PM. Reason: Want to add a bit more

Comment

WELCOME ANUNNAKI !!!!!

have fun and post a lot, and BTH I lOVE your fics !!!

Token that was great !!! I love what those little yellow cookies can do !!! do you thing they would do something like that with Purple PASSION jello ??? !

got to go, I'm meeting LOL4JACK today !! yay ! have fun shipping and see ya all very soon!!

oh BTW if someone feels up to make me a sig that would be awesome SueKay is at UNI now ( congrats again) so won't have time to do so. Let me know I'll send you the PM I sent to Suz with the ideas.

I'm so happy, the film I've been working on during my internship (that is over now !! YAY!!) just had the special award of the jury at the Venice Film Festival ! that's great !!! sorry for the OT I needed to share my joy

Comment

LOL4JACK and Ses101

Comment

ANUNNAKI

Comment

Working...
                                X