This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rune
    Quick drive-by posting again, was watching The Light again recently and as usual got wondering what might have happened had Teal'c not yelled out

they would have kissed. damn that Teal'c!

Comment

Originally posted by Equinox
      LOL!! Amasing tallent at song writing~ lol
      He's just as good at writing lyrics as he is at writing 'ship!!

*just teasing* *not really*
      sig by PM

Comment

(((Gate_girl12))) (((Lynn))) (((Oma))) (((Gwenhwyfar)))

Thanks so much for the recomendations... some I've read and there are many still to discover...

I'm sad that I haven't posted much lately and will be difficult to keep up the next month but I'll keep on reading, whenever I can peek in... Keep the news, keep the spoilers.... stay positive... I know they are together ... Love Joe... he's still with us and tries to keep the ship floating or at least the excitement...

I'll be meeting Lonely Star this Sunday and I'm so exicted!!!!! My first experience was just to great, (((Trupi))) (((Lynn))) (((SugarShaker))) we had a blast...it is so great to get to meet all of you... Hmmm I wonder how long is it going to take me anybody in Mexico City or Dallas? I'll be flying down in October

Read you soon

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
        Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
        Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Joe Mallozzi says about Sam and Jack,

"Just two people who were drawn together by a mutual attraction that developed over time."

Right here, right now, I'm focussing on this line from the mouth of one of TPTB. I'm also remembering that we were anxious and upset last spring from the spoilers and chatter that painted a bleak picture for Season 8 BUT we got Threads' scenes. I know, I know, some of you were more than disappointed with so much so late and undeveloped. But, I gobbled it up and I'm holding out for some few bones that will be thrown our way this season, too. I gotta have the hope or I'm left with a big, fat ZERO!

Hopeless Romantic, nell
          sigpic

Comment

as far as what JM had to say about Sam and Jack-and that means what? exactly?

you know-I am sure that there is an endless supply of fertlizer up there.
            Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

LOL4JACK,
              Go to the Sam and Jack Fanfiction awards noms address below:

http://www.samandjack.net/sjfa/nominations.html

Three of my favorites among the many are:
              Rumours of my death have been exaggerated by Ted Sadler
              The Little Red Engine That Could by Ana Lyssie Cotton (R)
              The Agar’ja Series by Celeste

Remember Annunaki on fanfiction.net, too!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

i seem to be on different wavelengths with most shippers tonight.

his answer - "Just two people who were drawn together by a mutual attraction that developed over time."

it bothered me because whether it didn't start off as a love story, i see it as one now and wanted him to confirm it. but i guess... i can see what you guys are saying. but i didn't ask joe about their history, i asked him about the here and now of their statis. BUT, developed means a- to grow by degrees into a more advanced or mature state, and b- to increase or expand. but did joe mean the attraction grew or what came of it?... too. much. thinking....

sally
                I, also, am not very happy with this answer. His response makes it sound like Sam and Jack are just two people who grew an attraction over the years. Not an *affection*. An *attraction.* One is emotional, and one is almost purely physical. And as everybody knows, a relationship based solely on physical attraction can never last.

- Mary
                SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                  I can't believe I was right!! It's kinda scary!! The spoilers for "Crusade" are on GW.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/0...scrusade.shtml

Here is my post I made which was pure speculation at the time...

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=10795

Wait a minute . . . . We can't have any resolution to the ship - kissing, weddings, whatever - because it's too soap-opera-ish, yet they can write in a
                  Spoiler:
                  mysterious pregnancy
                  for Vala????

This makes no sense whatsoever!!!!!

- Mary
                  SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                  Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

My story and I'm sticking to it.....developed into a love relationship! *Season 9*
                    Spoiler:
                    "Not exactly." This is our only and best confirmation that after the fishing trip some words and feelings were shared. How much of a relationship they have over the long distance, I don't know. But, I think they took IT out of the room!!!
                    So, unfortunately, the development may, if recon is true, be slowed down! I hate that but I gotta hope anyway.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                      Actually it is almost laughable. A
                      Spoiler:
                      virgin pregnancy for Vala the space tramp. So is this child suppose to be the savior of the universe?
                      I guess the ran out of ideas to lift from Star Trek so they have moved on to the bible. I am going to stick with my original thought, Good Grief!

Y'know, your comment about "ripping off" ST reminded me. I haven't watched any Next Generation eps in years, and I never did enjoy DS9 that much, but isn't what ST called a "Trill" really a nearly carbon-copy of a Goa'uld? Or, actually, more of a Tok'ra? It's so blatant, it's almost scary.

About the only difference is that a Trill goes in through the abdomen, and a Goa'uld goes in through the neck. Majel Roddenberry should sue!!! <g>
                      - Mary

Comment

Mary I was going to post the same exact thing.TPTB are once again going all out and turning the Show over to a
                        Spoiler:
                        guest character and an annoying one at that.I might have to reconsider watching the rest of Season 9 if TPTB are going to go off the deep end with Vala and the Season finale.The Show is starting to go down a road I'am not comfortable with.I may have to only tune in to the episodes RDA appears in.

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                          Y'know, your comment about "ripping off" ST reminded me. I haven't watched any Next Generation eps in years, and I never did enjoy DS9 that much, but isn't what ST called a "Trill" really a nearly carbon-copy of a Goa'uld? Or, actually, more of a Tok'ra? It's so blatant, it's almost scary.

About the only difference is that a Trill goes in through the abdomen, and a Goa'uld goes in through the neck. Majel Roddenberry should sue!!! <g>
                          Also, Troi had a (possible spoiler)
                          Spoiler:
                          mysterious pregnancy, that was an alien who wanted to experience human life.
                          /
                          Last edited by Queen Eleta; 09 September 2005, 05:26 AM.
                          sig by PM

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen
                            Damn.

Just when I thought they couldn't, wouldn't sink any lower... They go and say *that*. I'm sorry, I know many many family shippers here managed to see that in a positive light, and I really don't wanna take away from that, but...

They have just completely and thoroughly cheapened and degraded what I have long said was one of the best in sci-fi history, ranking right up alongside Han and Leah, and Mulder and Scully... But not anymore. With that little statement, they have as much as said, it didn't mean squat, the feelings aren't that deep at all, and, just as I suppose I should have expected from a show totally and thoroughly geared for the young male demographics, all about sex. [/Rant]
                            Whoa! How did you get all of that out of that comment? Relax, girl, it's ok. Take this into consideration:
                            1. JM's purpose is to keep fans interested. To do that, he says things that are sometimes disturbing.
                            2. JM is a guy! If you asked most guys how they fell in love with their significant other, and they actually agreed to discuss it, they'd probably say something similar. Guys view romance differently than women do. Remember, JM also said he thought it was
                            Spoiler:
                            obvious that they resolved the ship at the end of S8.

Really? I didn't get my big honkin' kiss!

JM is just being JM, and most of the time, that means he's being vague and misleading. I'm just saying that's part of his purpose in being here. He hasn't ruined or degraded anything. He just doesn't express it as poetically as one of us would. Is it brusk and kinda jerky? Yep. But it doesn't change a thing. I like what shelsfc says:
                            Originally posted by shelsfc
                            BrenRen, I have to disagree with you, I took something completely different from that answer!

I think that's exactly what it is. He says it started with a mutual attraction - perfectly true, but there's no reason to assume that it was just a sexual attraction. And it has definitly developed over time, into a beautiful, meaningful relationship based on all the things you said - "Respect, honour, duty, faith, trust, admiration and sacrifice."[/font]
                            It is what it is.....the greatest love story ever in sci-fi.

Ignore JM.

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                              Joe Mallozzi says about Sam and Jack,

"Just two people who were drawn together by a mutual attraction that developed over time."

Right here, right now, I'm focussing on this line from the mouth of one of TPTB. I'm also remembering that we were anxious and upset last spring from the spoilers and chatter that painted a bleak picture for Season 8 BUT we got Threads' scenes. I know, I know, some of you were more than disappointed with so much so late and undeveloped. But, I gobbled it up and I'm holding out for some few bones that will be thrown our way this season, too. I gotta have the hope or I'm left with a big, fat ZERO!

Hopeless Romantic, nell
                              You're not hopeless. You're right.

I also recently discovered annunaki, whoever he/she is.....and really like the stories he/she writes. Very nice use of phrasing and imagery.

Good night, all! Not nearly enough time to be here tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                                You're not hopeless. You're right.

I also recently discovered annunaki, whoever he/she is.....and really like the stories he/she writes. Very nice use of phrasing and imagery.

Good night, all! Not nearly enough time to be here tonight!
                                Ahem, phrasing and imagery!! Yes, very nice! Night, dearie!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X