Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to all who have sent me kind words about my little story, What Say We Go Home? **Ahem, that's the title for those who have yet to read it** I tried PMing some of you to say so personally but FCOL your mailboxes are full!! And the darn GW posting is unreliable *whines* So, thanks again!!!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
      Oy, Lynn, not measles!!! Ugh!! OK, follow your doctor's orders or BIG HONKIN' NEEDLES for you!!! Seriously, if your little darlings had their MMR (Mumps, Measles, Rubella) innoculations, they shouldn't!! So, take care of yourself, please!!

Jack: Lynn, you heard nell!!! Rest, read, relax!!! Think Shippy thoughts!! Don't make me come there and watch over you!!
      nell: Um, Jack, you just gave Lynn an idea!!
      Jack: What? Me? No!!! Really?? OK, Lynn, this is a PG thread here!!! For crying out loud I can't leave the Pentagon. Get well soon!!
      **Shimmering Star, thanks for the cap**
      (((Nell))) Thanks for that. It really cheered me up :-)

And since I'm lying in bed typing right now, Jack would have to come and sit down on the bed next to me and ... oh yeh, PG thread!!!

(And just to let you both that both of the girls are up to date on their shots - then again I thought I was too so who knows :-( )

My SG-1 fic http://www.fanfiction.net/~lynnmichelle

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn
        So I'm having an evening of fanfic and SG-1. Watched Broca divide earlier (what is with the Jack/Janet hand/face touch thing in the cell?).
        I love Broca Divide! Not just for the really cool Sam/Jack locker room scene either. It has some of the best dialog. The photography is absolutely fabulous. Teal’c does stuff! The Untouched wardrobes are to die for!

Okay, your question about Janet. Well, it’s Janet’s premiere episode. Also take into account the dialog; Jack wants her to use him for experimentation with the antidote. I think it all was to show Janet’s human side. She’s not go-get-em military. She cares about people. That scene even brought tears to my eyes. Such a beautiful introduction to a beautiful character! And she calls Teal’c “Mr. Teal’c.” She’s so cute!

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir
          I love Broca Divide! Not just for the really cool Sam/Jack locker room scene either. It has some of the best dialog. The photography is absolutely fabulous. Teal’c does stuff! The Untouched wardrobes are to die for!

Okay, your question about Janet. Well, it’s Janet’s premiere episode. Also take into account the dialog; Jack wants her to use him for experimentation with the antidote. I think it all was to show Janet’s human side. She’s not go-get-em military. She cares about people. That scene even brought tears to my eyes. Such a beautiful introduction to a beautiful character! And she calls Teal’c “Mr. Teal’c.” She’s so cute!
          I'm might have read once that at the begining TPTB where considering pairing Janet with Jack and Sam with Daniel... does anybody know?

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
          Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
          Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn
            (((Nell))) Thanks for that. It really cheered me up :-)

And since I'm lying in bed typing right now, Jack would have to come and sit down on the bed next to me and ... oh yeh, PG thread!!!

(And just to let you both that both of the girls are up to date on their shots - then again I thought I was too so who knows :-( )
            Lynn check your Pm and call me, I know what you have!
            sigpic

Comment

Jack: Lynn has measles?
              Sam: That’s what I heard.
              Jack: That’s serious stuff.
              Sam: Jack, relax, she’s following the doctor’s orders.
              Last edited by UhSir; 05 September 2005, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                i feel the same way. i used to watch soaps years ago, but stopped when i graduated. but i also feel frustrated when someone talks about normal-life things (like getting married and such) and makes it sound disgraceful and/or boringly pathetic. i know that's not what others are saying here, but i didn't find ryac's wedding melodramatic and i know sam and jack's wouldn't be either. behind this, i really do understand what ppl are scared of, but i wish soaps would stop getting the bumbs rap because i feel behind them, they're just pieces of true life.

also, i don't 'need' to see their wedding, i'd like like to.

sally
                Thanks for commenting. And we basically agree, though, I probably was not clear when I say I dislike "soap opera" being often brought up when discussing certain things about Sam/Jack. The anti's say it for anything relating to ship, while others(some are shippers) say it for, as you suggested, normal things like marriage. Soap operas involve normal happenings in life but exaggerate like multiple marriages and divorces, babies (often by someone other than the husband), all sorts of unusual illnesses, etc. One romance between two leading characters in a sci-fi show ending in marriage(we hope), even with a broken engagement, the death of one of the character's father, and the other character dating someone else briefly is nothing like what goes on in the average soap opera in ONE WEEK. It doesn't even begin to approach it. But it IS like a love story set within the greater sci-fi one. In other words what I meant is: just because it deals with love doesn't make it a soap opera.

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                  I'm might have read once that at the begining TPTB where considering pairing Janet with Jack and Sam with Daniel... does anybody know?
                  Hmm, it may have been a consideration but, thankfully, it was not pursued. In subsequent episodes with Janet, she clearly reinforces her humanity angle.

I thought I read somewhere that when they tested Amanda Tapping for the role they tested her for the Jack/Sam pairing possibility.

Comment

I remember reading an interview with Teryl where she said that in Broca Divide, she was told to treat Jack very tenderly. Apparently, at first they were going to have Jack and Janet have "a past." That's why she puts her hand to his cheek in that scene in his cell.

I'm not sure whether they really planned to pair them, though---or if they thought about pairing Sam and Daniel. I remember that they had AT read with RDA and had them pose together, so they could see how they looked together. But whatever plans they had at the beginning, Amanda and Rick's chemistry soon made the correct course obvious!

JACK: Did you hear that? SG-1fanintn says we have “chemistry.”
                    SAM: Well, Sir….
                    JACK: Yeah. I knew it too.

Comment

I admired her right away for showing him the proper respect, as so many did not in those early years. Teal'c deserved it, and she gave it. Then she compounded it by caring for her patient's welfare more than the germs she was investigating. Very nice.

As for Janet's character itself, I think I heard that originally, she and Jack were to have "history," and the touching nature of this scene was to feed on that. But then, TPTB being who they are, decided they didn't want any indications of a previous relationship and made her just a caring professional. For the sake of *our* ship, I'm glad, but she was so sweet and sensitive in that scene, I always thought she needed somebody of her own. (No, not necessarily Daniel. Wouldn't she make an interesting pairing with Teal'c? <g>)
                      - Mary
                      SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                      Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                        As for Janet's character itself, I think I heard that originally, she and Jack were to have "history," and the touching nature of this scene was to feed on that. But then, TPTB being who they are, decided they didn't want any indications of a previous relationship and made her just a caring professional. For the sake of *our* ship, I'm glad, but she was so sweet and sensitive in that scene, I always thought she needed somebody of her own. (No, not necessarily Daniel. Wouldn't she make an interesting pairing with Teal'c? <g>)
                        Well, I'm glad too. A "history" would have made future scenes with Janet and Sam regarding distressed-Jack a nightmare!

Janet and Teal'c! I've always secretly thought that would be so cool. *shivers* sneaks off to search for a Janet/Teal'c ship thread

Comment

Well, I'm glad too. A "history" would have made future scenes with Janet and Sam regarding distressed-Jack a nightmare!

Janet and Teal'c! I've always secretly thought that would be so cool. *shivers* sneaks off to search for a Janet/Teal'c ship thread
                          Hmm - I'm going to have to go back and review my Season 1 collection now.

BTW - I think you're right about the intentions of TPTB at the beginning of the show - recently I spoke with someone who would know (an actor who wants to remain nameless) who mentioned that there was never an intention of a Jack/Sam ship at the beginning of the show and in fact Amanda Tapping had some clauses in her contract when she signed on about kissing scenes etc. (Please note this is all hearsay so I don't know the legitimacy of this statement.) Whew!!! Disclaimer over :-)

My SG-1 fic http://www.fanfiction.net/~lynnmichelle

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki

And on the topic of whether i'd like to see a wedding or not, my answer would be no. As most people have said, i 'd just like to see a bhk at the end of season 9. That would be the best ending (for any shipper!) because then you can leave the rest up to your imagination, like a wedding and kids etc.
                            you know what i want more than anything? (still want that wedding, but it doesn't have to be made a big deal/many scenes)....

i want the sam/pete scenes from the first half of chimera for sam and jack. hand holding, making out, waking up in bed together, walking hand-in-hand, dancing, ogling one another... it was everything i'd always fantasized about sam and jack, and it was about fifteen minutes worth of screen time in one bloody ep.

that's what i want, romance.

it doesn't 'have' to be a wedding, i just want to see them together as a couple. that's not that much to ask for, is it? if they could do it for a nobody that charmed sam, they could do it for a 9 year love story.

*sighs*

i guess i'll never get over that ep. it broke my heart.

I WANT THAT FOR SAM AND JACK!

k, done whining, now back to shipping.

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

OT... Lynn, Trupi, can't answer your PM, GW does not let me !!!!!
                              [/rant] puff!

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                              Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                              Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

OT... Lynn, Trupi, can't answer your PM, GW does not let me !!!!!
                                [/rant] puff!
                                Off with their heads! Run your virus scan because everytime I sign on GW, I get the same 16 viruses which attack e-mails and gathers personal infor. It might clear the problem up.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X