X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oma-1
    I was wondering about that too Buc - I'm assuming that
    Spoiler:
    only the host was cloned so we have lots of Ba'al lookalikes (yum ) but without the flashing eyes and the real Ba'al gets to hide amongst them
    . Although having not watched the ep yet, I don't know if I'm right ....

Ooh, another thing, do we get to hear - ya know, maybe I should just go visit the ep thread or contain my curiosity until I see it
    I won't put the spoiler block on it, because I think it's more open "Goa'uld" information, but since the hosts that the Goa'uld system lords (or any Goa'uld) take are totally subverted, there's no telling if any host - Apophis, Ba'al, Yu, etc etc etc - was a good person or a bad.
    Spoiler:
    Because of this, I don't think they could have cloned just the host and *hoped* that he turned out to be obedient and wicked enough to stay in league with Ba'al.

Oops, needed the spoiler block anyway. <g>
    - Mary
    SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
    Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      As rabid a Sam and Jack shipper I am...I'd go with not seeing the wedding personally. The show isn't the Sam and Jack family hour after all...

That being said, I like the fact that the end of last season went our way...
      No, it didn't. It didn't even resolve the ship on screen. Instead, it was vague, hinting here and there, but with not a bit of proof, nor a kiss. Don't forget that what we saw in the season finale was NOT REAL! It wasn't Sam, and it wasn't Jack.

but let's face it, Sam's personal life was so front and center in Season 8...possibly too much for some. But she's no longer in that place...she's made her choice ... And now for Season 9, we see a more confident Sam ready to up the body count...who's no longer weighed down by the stress caused by her emotional shippy roller coaster.
      All I can say is, don't count your chickens before they've hatched. With all the extra characters, and AT coming into the show late, I have a feeling they're going to shaft the Sam fans in the same way that they've shafted the shippers.

So even though they're being more subtle about ship this season it's clear what they're doing. Joe even confirmed it by pointing to EDM when asked about the state of the ship.

So bring on Season 9. Bring on Kickbutt!Sam...

...and bring on a few Sam and Jack scenes for good measure FCOL...

But her comment in EDM only counts if *all* TPTB acknowledge it as such, not just JM. I want it to be the acknowledgment for which we've been waiting, but I'm not taking it for gospel until I see some confirmation from each and every PTB.
      - Mary
      SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
      Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
        BHK??

Reminds me of a good Scots word...

Bahookie!!!!

And before you adopt that as slang for Big honkin kiss...you should know it's another word for your butt!
        Totaly off topic but ROTFL
        One can never say this thread is not educational

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252

But her comment in EDM only counts if *all* TPTB acknowledge it as such, not just JM. I want it to be the acknowledgment for which we've been waiting, but I'm not taking it for gospel until I see some confirmation from each and every PTB.
          I've just very quickly skimmed over the last couple of days of posts to get the gist of what's been going on, so sorry if I'm repeating someone.

First for me it's Sam and Jack but J/S don't know why just sounds better and it's easier on the eye I guess.

As for the ship resolution, I'm at the point that I really don't care anymore as long as the fact that they are together is irrefutable, without any room for interpretations, it is adressed on screen and becomes cannon.
          I don't need to see a wedding, in fact would prefer not to, that's not what stargate is about imo, but after all the merry dance we've been subjected to a kiss is a must!

Comment

Hi all! Been on vacation for a week so I'm trying to catch up on all of the posts.

I agree with those who say they would like to see some kind of on-screen resolution that doesn't need to come out of a soap-opera. But I do want something more than we've been given to date.

However, I wonder what all of us fanfic writers will do once things are resolved. Will we still continue to make up our own outcomes?

In the meantime, it's fun trying and while away I managed to put up a few more chapters of my fic, Instant Message. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2537204/1/

Just making stuff up that TPTB won't :-)

My SG-1 fic http://www.fanfiction.net/~lynnmichelle

Comment

Originally posted by galaxy
              Yeah, I'm not a big fan of this marriage-idea either.
              Don't know why, but it doesn't fit into the show IMO.
              But I like the idea, that they will marry some day (in not too far future.)
              I just don't want to see the marriage on the show...can't explain it...
              that just happens to be the way I feel about it.
              i would LOVE to see a wedding between them on the show! am i the only one?

i love *seeing* romance, and i can't think of a bigger romantic moment than watching two ppl that have longed for one another for 9 years finally making the biggest commitment of their lives...

*cue wedding march*

dearly beloved, we are gathered here to celebrate the union of samantha elisabeth carter to jonathan charles o'neill....

*sighs dreamily*

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

I'd like them to get married off-screen but then show the photos to EVERYONE!
                i could live with that.

BUT, i still want to *see* their first kiss. their first 'time'. their first everything. if they get/got married off screen, i want to see some photos or FLASHBACKS to it happening. i've waited 9 years to see them together. really, truly together, with all the bells and whistles.

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                  i would LOVE to see a wedding between them on the show! am i the only one?

i love *seeing* romance, and i can't think of a bigger romantic moment than watching two ppl that have longed for one another for 9 years finally making the biggest commitment of their lives...

*cue wedding march*

dearly beloved, we are gathered here to celebrate the union of samantha elisabeth carter to jonathan charles o'neill....

*sighs dreamily*

sally
                  I'd *like* to see a wedding, but I wouldn't require it. Just so we see that they're 100% committed and either married or on their way there, I'd be content enough to watch. And that at *least* includes an on-screen liplock.
                  - Mary

Comment

Originally posted by jafacakes
                    Totaly off topic but ROTFL
                    One can never say this thread is not educational
                    There you go! I like that positive attitude! Educational. Yes, we're learning slang from all over the world, FCOL!!!

Tee-hee!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      i could live with that.

BUT, i still want to *see* their first kiss. their first 'time'. their first everything. if they get/got married off screen, i want to see some photos or FLASHBACKS to it happening. i've waited 9 years to see them together. really, truly together, with all the bells and whistles.

sally
                      Oh, Sally, you're making me blush! But I could be a happy fly on the wall.
                      Originally posted by jafacakes
                      After all the merry dance we've been subjected to a kiss is a must!
                      Abso-posi-frallin-lutely!!!!!
                      Originally posted by Buc252
                      I'd *like* to see a wedding, but I wouldn't require it. Just so we see that they're 100% committed and either married or on their way there, I'd be content enough to watch. And that at *least* includes an on-screen liplock.
                      Also abso-posi-frallin-lutely!!!!!

Comment

BHK??

Reminds me of a good Scots word...

Bahookie!!!!

And before you adopt that as slang for Big honkin kiss...you should know it's another word for your butt!
                        It's a shame there's that cultural clash there...but I've been using BHK for forever...so I'll just have to live with the fact that it might be misinterpreted in some parts of the world.

Okay folks...here's my shameless pitch moment.

If you haven't seen my video (and if not, why not???), please see it. I tweaked it a little this morning so that the "camera" zooms in on Teal'c as he's reading the Amanda tabloid and then later when Jolinar whacks Jack across the head, I set it so it matches the beat of the song better...

Oh, and then when the voting option becomes available, you know, VOTE FOR ME.

http://www.uberamandafan.com

/shameless pitch

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Just because......

Comment

Hi Shipper Friends!!!

Is it me or is it downright impossible to post reliably on GW tonight? I got the sudden urge to write a wee, little Sam and Jack story to respond to the recent posts about possible resolution. I actually started a post and it froze to the spot. I quickly clicked on Word and rewrote it before GW crashed on me. Well, I'll post on Fanfic later and let you know when you can, um, read it!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

It's been working perfectly lovely all day.....but when I came home after dinner (9p Central or so), it suddenly had gotten stubborn again. Now, all I can get to work is Quick Reply.

Comment

While I wouldn't have to see a wedding I would like a way to confirm that they on their way to something permanent. At the least I'd settle for a kiss. But why do those dreaded two words "soap opera" have to come up everytime "wedding" is discussed or even love or romance? Soap operas started on radio in the 1930's. Love and romance were in movies from their beginning, yes, even in sci-fi and that was long before soap operas started, unless so called "melodramas" are considered soap opera forerunners. Maybe we should call Ryac's wedding soap opera. Sorry, but I vent when those two words are brought up.

Comment

Working...
                                X