This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(((((((Suekay))))))) You poor thing, glares at bus driver and curses him

I dont like the heat either but fortunatley Im just about able to deal with it.

Smea - Id want to know what she wore too! But dont want to see the wedding just maybe a pic on either S or Js desk.

Comment

Thanks guys

Galaxy - the bus driver is a moron...if he's behind time or in a bad mood...he'll slow down as if he's stopping...waits until you've got your money out...then drives off...and today was a sunday, so a maximum of two buses an hour...groan.

((((galaxy)))) - had that as a kid...not funny...fainted halfway through signing a solo in the school choir when I was ten...

Somnium - the only time I like it hot is when it's RDA
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by smea
        LOL.. yes!!
        Because honestly, a wedding would be too much, but Id have to know what Sam would wear
        As rabid a Sam and Jack shipper I am...I'd go with not seeing the wedding personally. The show isn't the Sam and Jack family hour after all...

That being said, I like the fact that the end of last season went our way...but let's face it, Sam's personal life was so front and center in Season 8...possibly too much for some. But she's no longer in that place...she's made her choice ... And now for Season 9, we see a more confident Sam ready to up the body count...who's no longer weighed down by the stress caused by her emotional shippy roller coaster.

So even though they're being more subtle about ship this season it's clear what they're doing. Joe even confirmed it by pointing to EDM when asked about the state of the ship.

So bring on Season 9. Bring on Kickbutt!Sam...

...and bring on a few Sam and Jack scenes for good measure FCOL...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Jack: What????
          Sam: You don't want to see our wedding????

Jack: What do they want??? The big honkin' kiss???
          Sam: Exactly!!!!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
            http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20.../image2083.jpg
            Jack: What????
            Sam: You don't want to see our wedding????
            http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20.../image2085.jpg
            Jack: What do they want??? The big honkin' kiss???
            Sam: Exactly!!!!
            ABSOLUTELY!

I'm screaming for just ONE BHK this season. Even if it's the last scene of the last episode of this season...I want my BHK.

BRING ON MY BHK!!!!!!!!!!!!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
              ABSOLUTELY!

I'm screaming for just ONE BHK this season. Even if it's the last scene of the last episode of this season...I want my BHK.

BRING ON MY BHK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jack: Shippers, I'm ready for take off!! D.C. to Colorado Springs to deliver that BHK!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Lonely_Star, Somnium - I'm afraid you're both going to have to remind me about what you want in your sigs...I've acidentally deleted the PMs I meant to keep
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                  Lonely_Star, Somnium - I'm afraid you're both going to have to remind me about what you want in your sigs...I've acidentally deleted the PMs I meant to keep
                  Suekay - Have PM'd you with ideas.

Nell - BRING ON MY BHK!!!!!!!!!!!! I second that

Comment

BHK??

Reminds me of a good Scots word...

Bahookie!!!!

And before you adopt that as slang for Big honkin kiss...you should know it's another word for your butt!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                      I think those who feel the show should end when the Sam/Jack this is resolved are limiting their options. There's so much that can still happen --- the whole Stargate universe is one where anything is possible, and it can go on for many years to come.

I do love Amanda! The idea of the show without her or RDA is a little unsettling, but, give us a resolution and anything is possible. This series could go on for another 10 years, for all we know, with a changing of the guard.
                      Absolutely! It’s a big round ring, and it takes you places. The possibilities are endless! And the Star Trek franchise has sure done a lot of business off a moderately successful sci-fi series that only ran for three seasons! I think different versions of Stargate could go on indefinitely (like SGA). But let’s first resolve the S/J ship properly and give shippers that satisfaction. RDA could get on with his life and make one or two appearances a year as long as AT was still involved in the show. At that point, I’d be happy and open to any new possibility TPTB had.
                      Originally posted by shipper hannah
                      i think some people assume that cos i'm a shipper i want to see a wedding and all that, but i couldn't stand that, it would just make me cringe.. i dont like soppy stuff like that. i can't even read fanfics which involve them getting married and having kids, really.
                      I really think that these two people would choose to marry, but I don’t think they’d have children. Their commitment to work, Jack’s age…..although he would be great with kids, for sure! But their bond is so strong, and they’ve waited so long to be together that I feel certain they would want to formalize their relationship. But I don’t like the soppy fanfics either. They’re too out of character, and usually, they’re worse for Sam’s character.
                      Originally posted by alyssa
                      I wouldn't have wanted it to end at season eight, because then it's like it's all about RDA and AT. It's unfair to the rest of the cast to go, okay, we're hooking Sam and Jack up and finishing the series. These people have put a lot of work into making this show what it is --- something that's better than the original movie. How rare is that? I think they deserve the opportunity to see the show into its next phase --- a revamped SG1, which is essentially what's happening in series nine.
                      What a good point about how wrong it would be to end it with a Sam and Jack union! I haven’t seen that expressed here before. But this rather large segment of the fan base does need the Sam/Jack relationship resolved properly, so we can know in our minds that it’s settled, resolved, a-ok. Only then can we truly open ourselves to a revamped version of the show, BECAUSE THEN WE WON’T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT SAM AND JACK’S FUTURE ANYMORE!
                      Originally posted by galaxy
                      Yeah, I'm not a big fan of this marriage-idea either. Don't know why, but it doesn't fit into the show IMO. But I like the idea, that they will marry some day (in not too far future.)
                      The sooner TPTB let us know it’s happened, the sooner we can move forward.
                      Originally posted by smea
                      Because honestly, a wedding would be too much, but Id have to know what Sam would wear
                      Me too! That’s why I like the idea that they get married off-screen, and we see them (or Sam) showing pictures to people later. That way, we get both!!!

Comment

Howdy folks!

Well...got sent home from work today...another £15 I'll miss out on...groan...

Found out I've DEFINITELY missed the cut off date for the amanda tapping contest submissions...double groan...

And just generally feeling down

I used to call it Jack and Sam...until I came here...Jack/Sam's my preference.
                        Awww Sue are you that sick?

Comment

I got sent home because I felt faint...I'm not good with the heat and it was warm today...I'll tell you...bus drivers are complete <insert expletives> There's one driver who always slows down so you think he's stopping, then takes off, leaving you standing there...that happened today, so I ended up standing in the sun and heat for three quarters on an hour waiting on the next bus...was late for work...got into work and thought I was going to pass out.
                          You take care, sueKay! Autumn will be here soon! And the next time you see that bus driver, just zat him!
                          Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                          As rabid a Sam and Jack shipper I am...I'd go with not seeing the wedding personally. The show isn't the Sam and Jack family hour after all...

That being said, I like the fact that the end of last season went our way...but let's face it, Sam's personal life was so front and center in Season 8...possibly too much for some. But she's no longer in that place...she's made her choice ... And now for Season 9, we see a more confident Sam ready to up the body count...who's no longer weighed down by the stress caused by her emotional shippy roller coaster.

So even though they're being more subtle about ship this season it's clear what they're doing. Joe even confirmed it by pointing to EDM when asked about the state of the ship.

So bring on Season 9. Bring on Kickbutt!Sam...and bring on a few Sam and Jack scenes for good measure FCOL...
                          Absolutely! What she said!

Comment

I apologize in advance to whoever created this lovely piece of Sam & Jack art. I was so new at GW when I copied it that I wasn't organizing my files well yet. But I thought this kinda went along with some of our discussion today.

Comment

Hmm...if the 'resolution' was televised...I wouldn't be able to watch it...

After all...I'm not 18 yet
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Queen Eleta
                                Stephen King just wrote an article about 'Lost', but I think some of the ideas can apply to 'Stargate' too.
                                "But they all [the shows] also face a huge problem, a.k.a. the Prime Network Directive: Thou Shall Not Kill the Cash Cow. That directive is what made the last season of 'The X-Files' so ignominious. There was no real closure; minus the continuing pressence of David Duchoveny, 'X-Files' blundered off into a swamp of black oil, and in that swamp it died."

"When a meal is perfectly cooked, it's time to take it out of the oven. And when a story is perfectly told, it's time to fade to black."

He was writing about how much he likes 'Lost", but hopes the network won't beat it to death, either.
                                It won't let me 'green' you, so let me just say that I agree with you *and* him. XF should never have gone on without DD, and SG1 should never have gone on without RDA. Talk about history repeating itself - BAD HISTORY!!
                                Last edited by Buc252; 04 September 2005, 06:14 PM.
                                - Mary
                                SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                                Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Working...
                                X