Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Melissa or Zuz, did you make an announcement thingy for shipday?

Could you please repost? I will post it on this other board then and maybe we will have some new people joining us on shipday
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
      Melissa or Zuz, did you make an announcement thingy for shipday?

Could you please repost? I will post it on this other board then and maybe we will have some new people joining us on shipday
      Here it is, Lies.

"Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
      Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

And another one.

Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Slightly off topic or maybe not.

If you wanna hear Jack and Sam speaking Czech, check out the link to see a short (15 s) video sequence from Fail Safe.

http://www.sgcworld.tym.cz/

I so love the voices the original team got when making a czech version.

Picture of the Czech actors who do the voices of Sam and Jack:

Simona Postlerova and Miloslav Mejzlik
          Last edited by zuz; 20 July 2007, 06:51 AM.
          Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Thanks Zuz.

Could you maybe on the first one add Gateworld and 5th annual shipday? So it's more clear for the people on the other board. Or do you have the PS file, I can do it myself?
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks Zuz.

Could you maybe on the first one add Gateworld and 5th annual shipday? So it's more clear for the people on the other board. Or do you have the PS file, I can do it myself?
              You're welcome, Lies.

It's nothing fancy. Don't have much time for Photoshop lately.

I have to have a look where it is. My HD is such a mess. If I find it and that's a big if I'll post it this evening.
              Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Hi fellow shippers! Life has been very busy as of late, and I'm comig to the realization that I probably won't be in this thread much till the fall. I just don't have the quality time to give it that it deserves!!

Happy Birthday to anyone I may have missed!!

Congrats on all milestones as well! (I noticed a whopping 10k in there!!)
                Sun'Shyne

Made by Me!

Comment

I don't mind someone suggesting an episode to vote for. With so many shippy episodes through the years, we'd never get one to 50 without a *little* direction and teamwork.

NO ONE knows my passwords! No way! Not even me. Why do you think I keep the 'remember me' option clicked?

Comment

Comment

Ohh, that one is cool. Thanks Terrah

I will use that one, so Zuz, don't bother looking for the PS file (but thanks )
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky View Post
                        ^^Zuz, your screencaps are amazing! "Solitudes" has very low light in the cave scenes, but your pics are sharp and clear. So, thanks, I will use yours.

Bucky
                        That's because Zuz is an evil picture enhancer genius.

Luckily for my housemate I've gone and lost my voice and can no longer sing..
                        Unlucky for you lot, I don't need my voice to bug you.

I couldn't go to work today due to the fact that I practically had to *swim* there. Although I don't really understand why I still tried to make it.. it was fun trying to drown myself with the rest of Wimbledon. Of course it probably means I shouldn't expect my voice to return any time soon.

If you want you can visit my lj to see the mad weather in my neighbourhood.

And because I should at least try to be on topic once today, do you know I've never played in this ship game thingy-ma-hoojit. Someone want to shove me in the right direction? Please

EDIT: should probably add that I don't *actually* believe Zuz is evil.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mara-anni View Post
                          Great site Nikki!!!

Just went there and look what i found...

Mala made a smiley of that exact moment...
                          sigpic

Comment

That one is soooo cool. Great job, Terrah.

Ohh, that one is cool. Thanks Terrah

I will use that one, so Zuz, don't bother looking for the PS file (but thanks )
                            You're right, Lies. Terrah's version is really nifty.
                            Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Let's quote Melissa's post again

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                              Because several people have asked, here's the info on Ship Day again:

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                              Ship Day!

Oh...?

You haven't heard about Ship Day????

Ship Day occurs every July 28th...and commemorates the first U.S. airing of Divide & Conquer...the episode in which Sam & Jack were forced to admit their feelings for each other!
                              (Yes, I know you knew that part. I just like saying it.)

Anyway, we hold a 24-hour celebration and try to make over 1,000 posts in that period. Didn't we do 1,200 last year? Or was that Valenship this year?

Well...anyway...for you and all the other newbies...we post shippy photos, shippy photo stories, ficcies, vids, poems, lists...whatever each person feels most comfortable doing...and we squee all day and all night long!!!

And guess what? This year, Ship Day is on a Saturday...so no one will have to cheat their employers to enjoy the fun!!!

Put it on your calendar now--Saturday, July 28th!!!

And another note, for those who don't think they're creative (although just about everyone in this thread is creative, in some way or another). Here's other ways to contribute to the fun:

1. Contact a couple of your fave Sam/Jack authors, vid-makers or graphic artists and ask them to drop by and speak with us on Ship Day. Some have become thread members!

2. Construct a poll...top 10 S/J moments, top 10 S/J angst moments, fave S/J eps, etc. We talk a lot about whether Sam & Jack (who are
                              Spoiler:
                              SOOOOOO MARRIED
                              ) would have children. That would be a good poll. You have to set those up in advance with the mods though. SamJackShipLover knows how to do that, since she sets up our weekly episode polls.

3. Invite TPTB to stop by. I think JM may have on one occasion. I know he has been invited in the past.

4. Invite people from other S/J forums to unite with us at GW--at least, for the day.

5. Your own idea.

Everyone can contribute! Those who are going to be away, but still want to be part of the fun can make their vids, stories, etc., in advance and ask another thread member to post them. There are all sorts of ways to celebrate!!!

EDIT: Oh, yes...and if you decide to do a poll...it's a good idea to let the thread know what you're working on...so we don't have three people doing the exact thing. Three people can write fics or make vids and they won't be the same, but three polls could be. We usually tell each other what types of things we're planning. It helps heighten the anticipation.

Happy rant over--for now.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by petemoretti View Post

Reminiscing the shippy hiunts in S9-10 I realised that
                                Spoiler:
                                "fishing" in LITS is not that shippy! Sure it implies that Sam loves fishing/Jack, but at the same time it means that they're not together! If they were surely Jack would have known the password...

A quick poll - How many of your BF/GF know the passsword to your PC?
                                Spoilery reply to Pete's post...

Spoiler:
                                I thought Sam gave out her password so that Mitchell could retrieve the letters for her loved ones. I didn't think that Jack had anything to do with it, apart from being one of the people who would receive a letter. Have I got that wrong?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X