Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also on the Jacob note, there are so many similarities between Jack and Jacob.
    1) Career military
    2) Both made rank of General
    3) Both (IMO) allowed their careers to cause them to miss things in their children's early years. (Sam and Jacob weren't close until he became a Tok'ra. Jack was Black Ops and away a lot, including his time as a POW.)
    4) Both are ingrained with a sense of duty and honor.
    5) Both men go by the 'ends justifies the means' philosophy and are willing to buck the system if it means earth's safety. (How many times did SG1, under Jack's command, ignore an order to do what was best for Earth? Didn't Selmak suddenly become 'untrustworthy' in the eyes of the other Tok'ra because of Jacob's relationship to Earth?)
    6) Both men would rather die than lose Sam. (In reality, Jacob did die to protect Sam and the rest of the life in the Universe. If he had let Selmak leave him sooner, he would have had a chance at life, but he needed Selmak to help Sam save the Universe. I just hope TPTB are smart enough not to kill Jack in a similar situation.)

Comment

Originally posted by SamO'Neill View Post
      I loved it!

Congratulations on 500 Posts!!

Hope Leslie!!

yep also congrats from me
      sigpic

Comment

Secret Santa :

I thought since it is almost Christmas to do a Secret Santa…everyone who wants to participate mail me the answer of the questions before 10 December…then the entries close...I hope a lot of people join in cause this could be lots of fun…
        My e-mail is [email protected] please put in your title: Secret Santa
        You all are probably now wondering what it is Secret Santa: We all fill in a form with the question that I put below…then I will be getting all of them and then everyone who filled in a form gets an assignment to make something for that other person…that can be anything you want…that can be a poster, a wallpaper, a fic, a vid, a poem,…be creative. So everyone who signs in makes something for someone else but also gets something from someone else…
        Then we give our presents the week of Christmas…you can post them on the thread or mail them to the person…or pm them…Whatever you want…Also depends on how personal it is…
        I hope this is clear to everyone if you have any questions at all…feel free to pm or mail me…

Name and Nickname:
        Your e-mail:
        Favorite color, interests, hobby, country, music,… :
        What you like:
        What you don’t like:
        Something you want to tell Secret Santa:

Cheers Eve

Comment

Hey sasusc, I did a little manipulating with one of those great screenshots you posted:
          Spoiler:

Cut Sam's hair, made it just the wedding party...
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
            Secret Santa :

I thought since it is almost Christmas to do a Secret Santa…everyone who wants to participate mail me the answer of the questions before 10 December…then the entries close...I hope a lot of people join in cause this could be lots of fun…
            You all are probably now wondering what it is Secret Santa: We all fill in a form with the question that I put below…then I will be getting all of them and then everyone who filled in a form gets an assignment to make something for that other person…that can be anything you want…that can be a poster, a wallpaper, a fic, a vid, a poem,…be creative. So everyone who signs in makes something for someone else but also gets something from someone else…
            Then we give our presents the week of Christmas…you can post them on the thread or mail them to the person…or pm them…Whatever you want…Also depends on how personal it is…
            I hope this is clear to everyone if you have any questions at all…feel free to pm or mail me…

Name and Nickname:
            Your e-mail:
            What you like:
            What you don’t like:

Cheers Eve
            Love it Eve! Thanks for doing this!
            my lovely avatar is courtesy of Lies, SamJackShipLover

Comment

Spoiler:

Comment

Shippers have been looking for signs of a between and We're keeping our that TPTB won't be but will actually see to it that the ship is
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 0xNatashax0 View Post
                  Great job! I can't get over how cute that pic is! AT's eyes look so incredibly blue!

Comment

Secret Santa :

Name and Nickname:
                    Your e-mail:
                    What you like:
                    What you don’t like:

Cheers Eve
                    Would love to join in! But I'm going to Thailand next Friday...oh well! I hope you all get great gifts!!!

Spoiler:

Comment

Secret Santa :

Name and Nickname:
                      Your e-mail:
                      What you like:
                      What you don’t like:

Cheers Eve
                      Great idea, i'm in Thanx for this Eve
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                        Shippers have been looking for signs of a between and We're keeping our that TPTB won't be but will actually see to it that the ship is
                        Very clever, Nolamom! Where do you find all those cute graphics?

Comment

Me likes it, you got green

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                          that's funny and i hope we get it, it looks great
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nibikko View Post
                            Heh... I just moved to Tennessee after living in Minnesota for the last 6 years. that I couldn't live where the weather caused me physical pain (freezing the moisture in your eyes and in your lungs, etc.). YAY! I don't have to deal with those winters anymore.
                            See, snot freezing cold. That's what I'm talking about. I love it. You can always put more on, but there's a limit to what can come off. Ironically, I have never been colder in the winter than when I lived in Tennessee. The central heating and insulation just didn't seem as good, and oye, those icy roads. Salt... Repeat after me...
                            Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                            Ahhh, that is sweet and maybe a little disturbing...but girls always fall for men like their dads. I really think Jacob was a shipper from season 4, but he totally knew they had feelings for each other from the start. That may be the reason he was so anxious to get her into NASA. He was trying to prevent a frat regs scandal from hurting his little girl.
                            Maybe... but I think he just thought that's what she wanted, and he really did love her. He just didn't know her that well, then. And I meant that's how Sam shows open affection -- she was free to do it with Jacob, and finally free with Jack as well. It's the first time she's not holding back with him.
                            Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                            6) Both men would rather die than lose Sam. (In reality, Jacob did die to protect Sam and the rest of the life in the Universe. If he had let Selmak leave him sooner, he would have had a chance at life, but he needed Selmak to help Sam save the Universe. I just hope TPTB are smart enough not to kill Jack in a similar situation.)
                            Fabulous list! And, yes, Jacob did die for Sam. I just realized that myself recently.

Comment

gorgeous! you have so many great wallpapers, it's hard to decide which one to go onto my desktop! (it's a beneath the surface one right now)
                              ---

I guess Minnesota winters seem to be an acquired taste, but let's just say that right now, there are colder places to be. we had snow this morning...then it melted the second it hit the ground. *pouts*

Thank you for 10 years of Sam Carter, Amanda Tapping!
                              My LJ "I Live in a Sci-Fi World"
                              My Stargate (Mostly Sam Carter) Icons
                              My Stargate Videos
                              It's meant to be!

Comment

Originally posted by LtColonelSamC View Post
                                gorgeous! you have so many great wallpapers, it's hard to decide which one to go onto my desktop! (it's a beneath the surface one right now)
                                ---

I guess Minnesota winters seem to be an acquired taste, but let's just say that right now, there are colder places to be. we had snow this morning...then it melted the second it hit the ground. *pouts*
                                Yeah... it's pretty cold here. We had a snow day today! Unfortunately, I'm not able to enjoy because I feel.... yuck. Sore throat, coughing... and just yuck....

Comment

Working...
                                X