This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JackandSamAddict
    Oh, there's angst! (there's gotta be angst!!) What fun is that?
    You just had to tell me that, didn't you?

*Resists urge to start stalking JackandSamAddict*

Whew. That was a close one.
    my lovely avatar is courtesy of Lies, SamJackShipLover

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
      ok guys a little bit about our lovely thread in the ask the moderators thread, that is whayt Sky wrote:

I think we should debate over this what we want...
      I vote to keep this thread ( over 1,000,000 views) and just edit the first post.

There is strength in numbers, and in this case, any PTB that may lurk would see this as being pretty gosh darn impressive, and perhaps a little influential...no?
      Sig. made by RepliCarterje just for me
      Get RDA on Canada's Walk of Fame: Click this link to find out how
      Love dogs? Have it in your heart for a big barrel of love? Go to malamuterescue.com

Comment

Ooh, did someone mention Angst?
        Can't wait!!

Have you read "A Hint to the Powers To Be" by ljevans? It's fantastic! It deals with their relationship after Threads....
        I haven't yet, but am starting now...new fic! Yey!

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS
          LAD on 3,000 Posts
          &
          RepliCartertje on 2,000 Post.

Spoiler:

Comment

Did you see the last couple (eehh 8) no votes on the petition of "me" "me" and "me again"?? That's just sad That can be erased right?
            sigpic

Comment

Ok so this is my 2000th post and I always said if I reached it I would say something...now I was doubting where to go to...I mean 2000 is really a big number...and I mean I am a really big Amanda fan so I was really doubting...Do I post my 2000th there or here...But I decided to do it here...

I mean I really feel like this is my home, my family...you guys were all so nice to me(and for that matter to all newbies) when I first joined. I really was not expecting that much kindness...I mean this is a big forum and a lot of different people so it is not difficult to get lost in here...but that really wasn't the case.
              <snipped for space>

Congratulations on your 2000th post!!
              sigpic
              Women of the Gate LJ Community.
              My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by Lesleyp
                I vote to keep this thread ( over 1,000,000 views) and just edit the first post.

There is strength in numbers, and in this case, any PTB that may lurk would see this as being pretty gosh darn impressive, and perhaps a little influential...no?
                OOH...yeah! I like this idea, let's stay here!

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                  Well, I kinda want to say what RCtje said. I love this place. When it reads Sam/Jack ship family discussion thread, it really is a family! I've now got my best friend, JackandSamAddict, who is truly the sister I never had. I've got SamO'Neill, my personal stalker. Gate Gal is my GW mom-telling me to do my homework! All of you are like another family, and I love to see the family growing so quickly! (((Shipper Family)))

I enjoy coming here everyday and seeing what's new. I've gotten to see great vids, read great fics, seen some awesome graphics, and been spoiled to death! We chat and have fun-too much fun sometimes! I feel like I actually know some of you; I would love to meet all of you. This is my 'home' thread, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
                  Congratulations on your 3000th post!
                  sigpic

Comment

No you can not stalk her!!! STOP IT IMMEDIATLY lol
                    Leave her alone!!! no don't come any closer...Step away...gently....that is a good girl lol
                    Don't stalk my best friend SamO'Neill! Back woman! Back!

*back to betaing*

Comment

On the start new thread...not to start new thread discussion: my vote would be to keep this one; it's comfy and homey but if we do need to start a new one then I'm sure we'll all make it equally comfy and homey in short measure - someone just needs to post that Grace kiss! I guess majorsal is working on a fix so we'll hear soon enough.
                      sigpic

Comment

((((Replicartertje)))) Wow, 2000 posts! Congrats! You are a joy to have in the family.

Yeah! SQUEEEEE! More RDA! Ship resolution! Yeah!

Also, on the question of what to do with the thread, I really don't think we should start it over. Let's edit the first post with MajorSal's original post and continue on from here. 1,000,000 views is a big achievement and I don't want to give that up.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                          Don't stalk my best friend SamO'Neill! Back woman! Back!

*back to betaing*
                          Oh. Now I see. She's your best friend.

Just kidding....
                          my lovely avatar is courtesy of Lies, SamJackShipLover

Comment

Originally posted by ccdsah
                            Shippers I have a QS for you:
                            Who would you like to star in a new Stargate movie as Sam and Jack (besides AT and RDA: I mean if they're not available or something)
                            My choice
                            Sam: Uma Thurman
                            Jack: George Clooney
                            Sorry, but I probably wouldn't watch it without RDA and AT. For the sake of the game, I guess Michell Pheiffer could play Sam and Kurt might as well play Jack if RDA isn't going to do it.

Wow, 3000 posts! Way to go, LAD! We are having some major milestones around here. I love it!

LesleyP, I bought new speakers and they won't work either. It must be my ancient computer. I'm so disappointed.

Comment

And I was thinking about one day writing a fic about how Sam met Pete...and what she saw in him...how they start dating and how Jack reacted. I never done it but with reading your post again...I am again thinking about it...
                              in my version yesterday, i changed quite a bit about the sam/pete relay.

i still had it that sam's brother mark set them up and that pete was still a cop, but the events in chimera never happened. they dated for about six weeks before it got physical, and *that's* when sam knew something was wrong. not that pete was crappy or selfish, just that that spark that sam wanted was not there. that's when she started psychologically pulling away.

all the same events happened to sam (death knell and heroes), but it wasn't until 'lost city' that she finally knew she was truly in love with jack. and even though she knew it without a doubt this time, she still didn't know if jack was 'truly' in love with her. so she continued with pete because she was still thinking things through, until...

pete said he wanted to transfer to colorado springs and wanted to move in with her. *that's* their big moment, not an engagement. this is where sam tells pete that she needs to think about things, then takes some time off and visits her brother mark and his family in san diego. she doesn't feel comfortable talking to mark about this, but she does with mark's wife (lindsay, which is a name i made up). and that's where lindsay says to sam that she's using pete as her safe bet, not jack.

sam returns home and immediately talks to pete. like in 'threads', he said he saw it coming. he wished her well and said, 'i hope you get what you want,' and then whispered while walking out, 'or 'who' you want... '.

sam waits a day and then goes to talk to jack. she tells him everything. not at first, though, because there usual uncomfortableness and changing of subjects allows sam to start to leave jack's house. but, before she gets to the door, she stops and starts to bare her soul to him. and it works.

some short time in the furture, sam and pete run into one another. pete tells her that because of his relationship with sam, he learned a few lessons about himself. he's now back together with him ex-wife.

and in my version, pete was a totally nice and decent guy; no stalking or checking up on her. AND, no sam coming off bad!

(and pete was played by paul gross, from 'due south' fame)

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ccdsah
                                Shippers I have a QS for you:
                                Who would you like to star in a new Stargate movie as Sam and Jack (besides AT and RDA: I mean if they're not available or something)
                                My choice
                                Sam: Uma Thurman
                                Jack: George Clooney
                                I really just can't imagine anyone else in the roles and if it was recast then I would worry certainly about the Sam/Jack ship. AT and RDA have fabulous chemistry and a lot of the Sam/Jack moments come from that and their interaction as actors. I'm know the chemistry would not be the same if it were a different pair of actors so I'm not sure we would even get the vague suggestion of ship never mind anything written into the script.

All in all, quite honestly I don't think I'd want to see a Stargate movie without AT and RDA (or MS and CJ for that matter). For me, AT and RDA are Sam and Jack, and if they couldn't do the movie then I would prefer they just didn't do a movie at all.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X