This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twilight506
    Answers?! You want answers?! Who would want that... I mean, that would be great. Like Christmas... LOL
    Well we still all belive in Santa right? Joe as Santa? Hmmmm. Maybe as one of his helpers? hehehehe
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketgal
      Spoiler:
      and why pick R&D for Sam? I mean if they weren't trying to find somewhere that wasn't in the chain, they could have just had her at some planet helping with their technology, or temp duty(tdy) at the Academy, or just on leave for two weeks, why R&D? Me and my rose colored glasses say they did a hop, skip and a jump over to Vegas or Nellis' chapel and J&S are happily married!
      At least in my dreams!
      Spoiler:
      Wasn't it because she was closer to Cassie that way? And maybe because she needed the calm work of R&D for a few weeks. And if they pushed as much as Kerigan from the academy than it would have been difficult to reject when that was what she needed and wanted.

Comment

Spoiler:
        and why pick R&D for Sam? I mean if they weren't trying to find somewhere that wasn't in the chain, they could have just had her at some planet helping with their technology, or temp duty(tdy) at the Academy, or just on leave for two weeks, why R&D? Me and my rose colored glasses say they did a hop, skip and a jump over to Vegas or Nellis' chapel and J&S are happily married!
        At least in my dreams!
        BTW What epi in s-9 was it where Landry mentioned having to make personal sacrifices and looked at Sam in the conf room?
        Regarding your epi question:

Spoiler:
        It does ring a bell but I can't place it. But it will probably come back to me at 2am in the morning...
        sigpic
        Women of the Gate LJ Community.
        My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Don'tcha just hate it when the answers to the universe come to you at 2 a.m.? Then you absolutely have to log on and post it. Of course, once you're on, then you wind up reading and reading and then posting some more...it's a horrible cycle. I did a song parody about it once.

Tribute to late night posters
          I couldn’t sleep at all last night
          Just a chattin’ on the board
          Baby, you know that just ain’t right
          Left me postin’ and readin’
          Readin’ and postin’
          Postin’ and readin’ all night

I kicked a newbie out the door
          Then posted another song
          (You know I never did before)
          Cuz’ I was postin’ and readin’
          Readin’ and postin’

Jumped off the line
          Turned off the light
          Shut off ‘puter
          Went to the kitchen for a bite
          Turned comp back on
          Jumped back on site
          It was the middle of the night!
          The posts online were getting long
          Couldn’t get SG off my mind
          I have to get up soon, it’s so wrong
          After postin’ and readin’
          Readin’ and postin’

(Just another attempt to drive you mad. - From "Tossin' and Turnin'")
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom
            Don'tcha just hate it when the answers to the universe come to you at 2 a.m.? Then you absolutely have to log on and post it. Of course, once you're on, then you wind up reading and reading and then posting some more...it's a horrible cycle. I did a song parody about it once.

Tribute to late night posters
            I couldn’t sleep at all last night
            Just a chattin’ on the board
            Baby, you know that just ain’t right
            Left me postin’ and readin’
            Readin’ and postin’

I kicked a newbie out the door
            Then posted another song
            (You know I never did before)
            Cuz’ I was postin’ and readin’
            Readin’ and postin’

Jumped off the line
            Turned off the light
            Shut off ‘puter
            Went to the kitchen for a bite
            Turned comp back on
            Jumped back on site
            It was the middle of the night!
            The posts online were getting long
            Couldn’t get SG off my mind
            I have to get up soon, it’s so wrong
            After postin’ and readin’
            Readin’ and postin’

(Just another attempt to drive you mad. - From "Tossin' and Turnin'")

ROFLOL!!! I now have visions of a Teal'c sax solo!
            Rocketgal

Comment

Spoiler:
              Was it ever made clear that "homeworld security" is/was in her chain of command at either SGC or R&D? I know Landry asked Jack to get her back to SGC, but not sure if he was asking him because J & S were friends or because Jack was in charge. The writers may have very well meant for this to show they are together. It's just not too clear.

I guess, all I can say, is if the writers can do all the research to explain away AU's, Timelines, Sun exploding, Wormholes, etc. it's not too much to ask to figure out a way for Jack and Sam to be together. I still think they just use the "AF won't allow it" to redirect the blame target for no ship away from themselves.

I love SciFi promos!
              love it!!!!

EDIT: love your little song Nolamom

Comment

Re: Insiders

Spoiler:
                OK, I have several issues with this episode starting with:

1. Why on Earth was Sam running around during a foothold situation unarmed?
                2. Why did Landry stand around for the ENTIRE episode looking dumbfounded and like he didn't have a clue what to do? He's the Base CO FCOL!!!!
                3. When did Ba'al become such a wimp? He used to kick butt!
                4. Why did Sam not give him false information when she downloaded all of that stuff?
                5. Why did Colonel "MacGyver" Carter just stand there staring at the locked door until Mitchell busted it down?

The ONLY saving grace of the episode for me was the possibility that Sam got mad at Barrett in the Commissary not because she finds him repulsive but because she's now a happily married woman! (I really had to stretch myself and my shipper optimism to *find* anything positive to say AT ALL!)

- WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE AND WHAT HAVE THEY DONE WITH THE REAL SG-1?!? It's the first time this season that I've watched an episode and thought that everyone in it was acting *WAY* OOC!

*AHEM*, sorry for the slight OT-ness, I just felt it had to be said! Roll around '200' is all I can say, at least then we might
                Spoiler:
                get a hint of ship (and hopefully much more! )
                Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM

Spoiler:

2. Why did Landry stand around for the ENTIRE episode looking dumbfounded and like he didn't have a clue what to do? He's the Base CO FCOL!!!!
                  4. Why did Sam not give him false information when she downloaded all of that stuff?
                  5. Why did Colonel "MacGyver" Carter just stand there staring at the locked door until Mitchell busted it down?

The ONLY saving grace of the episode for me was the possibility that Sam got mad at Barrett in the Commissary not because she finds him repulsive but because she's now a happily married woman! (I really had to stretch myself and my shipper optimism to *find* anything positive to say AT ALL!)

- WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE AND WHAT HAVE THEY DONE WITH THE REAL SG-1?!? It's the first time this season that I've watched an episode and thought that everyone in it was acting *WAY* OOC!

*AHEM*, sorry for the slight OT-ness, I just felt it had to be said! Roll around '200' is all I can say, at least then we might
                  Spoiler:
                  You can imagine the response on the Sam thread (there's some really positive explanations though for certain things that might make you feel better)....at least my expectations of Insiders are now...

Spoiler:
                  incredibly low. I hate the epis where they make everyone, the SGC and SG1, look stupid, I really do...I'm really not looking forward to that one.
                  Last edited by Rachel500; 06 August 2006, 01:23 PM.
                  sigpic
                  Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                  My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                    (((AmberLM)))) I know how you are feeling about the ep... I have to say I am still a little upset myself by it. And I really am starting to think to stop watching stargate! After yesterday...where I was really mad...I thought it will go over after a good night sleep but it didn't, it didn't at all!! I am as upset, as not even more about it.
                    They really are ruining SG and with it the character of Sam. And if they ruin that what will it be for the ship??? I mean what they are doing here with Sam will have his effect on Sam/Jack. I mean they don't even can write her normal...and we do expect that they will give us ship... I am not hoping that much anymore. I think we will really be dissapointed.

Comment

Spoiler:

- WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE AND WHAT HAVE THEY DONE WITH THE REAL SG-1?!?

Spoiler:
                      Amen, here may I interest you in the soothing effects of a very lovely video?

http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...rent=belle.flv

with a photo chaser?

OK, so next time, YOU can dial the planet!

Off to do RW work! It's just not the same!
                      C ya!
                      Rocketgal

Comment

with a photo chaser?

C ya!
                        Awwww... thanks, Rocketgal! ((hugs)) It's not taken the anger away completely but it's helped to bring it down from 11 (on a scale from 1-10) to about an 8. Love the manip BTW! Glad you like the vid

Comment

with a photo chaser?

C ya!
                          Hey they really fit in Beauty and the beast!! So they will have a happy ending???

Comment

My thoughts on "Insiders"...

Spoiler:
                            I think Sam seemed a bit...uncharacteristic. Why would Sam being locked in a room the size of a closet kept her from as someone mentioned "MacGyvering" her way out of it? AND, why didn't she alter the code disc thingy before giving it to Ba'al? She obviously wasn't thinking...just because the SGC supposedly had that jamming thing in place...why would she have relied on it to be foolproof. The epis seem to be getting less action packed, interesting, and exciting. I can understand a few epis have to be less thrilling and/or heavy dialogue to occassionally further plot etc, but I'm thinking this has been 4 in a row!

What was up with Barrett? Wacky!! I'm thinking stalker again.... At least Sam stood up this time and basically said...hey watch it mister...back off... I too hope it was because she is now with Jack. It seems like Barrett always appears in epis. to add tension and allude to S/J ship.

I think the only good part was Vala trying to...arm wrestle Tea'C?

And is is just me or do the Ori ships just look like large over sized bed pans!?
                            This is great.
                            I told ya.
                            I can't believe we didn't do this years ago.
                            Well, let's not dwell.

Comment

Cute pic!
                              This is great.
                              I told ya.
                              I can't believe we didn't do this years ago.
                              Well, let's not dwell.

Comment

Originally posted by GateSeeker2
                                My thoughts on "Insiders"...

Spoiler:
                                I think Sam seemed a bit...uncharacteristic. Why would Sam being locked in a room the size of a closet kept her from as someone mentioned "MacGyvering" her way out of it? AND, why didn't she alter the code disc thingy before giving it to Ba'al? She obviously wasn't thinking...just because the SGC supposedly had that jamming thing in place...why would she have relied on it to be foolproof. The epis seem to be getting less action packed, interesting, and exciting. I can understand a few epis have to be less thrilling and/or heavy dialogue to occassionally further plot etc, but I'm thinking this has been 4 in a row!

What was up with Barrett? Wacky!! I'm thinking stalker again.... At least Sam stood up this time and basically said...hey watch it mister...back off... I too hope it was because she is now with Jack. It seems like Barrett always appears in epis. to add tension and allude to S/J ship.

I think the only good part was Vala trying to...arm wrestle Tea'C?

And is is just me or do the Ori ships just look like large over sized bed pans!?
                                No, you're right, they do look like that! (I read somewhere that it suited TPTB's "potty" humour, sounds about right to me! )

Before tonight I wouldn't have even entertained the idea of making seasons 9 and 10 into a re-make of 'Dallas' - now I'm not quite so sure it's that bad an idea...

I want *our* team back, dammit!

Even my dad hated it and he's not a shipper or a Sam fan at all!

Comment

Working...
                                X