This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AmberLM
    ROFLMAO! I've just been informed by celeeb.com that I can buy Richard Dean Anderson with free delivery if I pay more than £20 for him from Tesco.com! Yes please!*dashes over to Tesco.com to place an order*
    I think there's going to be a long queue!
    sigpic
    Women of the Gate LJ Community.
    My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Woooooooooooooo!!!
      I'm here to last again
      Anyway....

1. Welcome to the newbies!
      2. Congrats on all the milestones!
      3. Happy Birthdays if there were any!
      4. Awesome job LAD and Oma!!!
      5. Thanks for the fics, pictures, manips, banners, everything that was done by any of you!

Sorry, but I got no time to really catch up on everything. First trying to do Ship Day. Green is pilling up

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500
        Solitudes is 'resting' while I write Tin Man. I'll redraft once I'm done with Tin Man and then I'll post. Probably in a couple of days but it depends on how well the writing for Tin Man goes and how much of a rewrite I decide Solitudes needs (I'm not completely happy with it yet).

And thanks for recommending the series.
        Is there somewhere I can read these fics thats not ff.net. I loved A Pond With No Fish, and I'd love to read more! Unfortunately, I can't access ff.net

Comment

Hey everyone. How are you?? Another day and ready to talk 'bout Sam and Jack!! Anyone else in with me??
          sigpic
          And many thanks to Anneleis for this spectacular sig!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom
            Okay, thought I'd try my hand at this sig making. I don't think I really have the knack for it.

Guess I'll just stick with my little fur-ball Fluffy!
            Hey! It's not that bad!!!!
            I like it

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal
              Originally posted by dreid
              That was probably the best explaination of the S~J relationship that I have seen yet. Ya sound like my sister The main problem that I see is not regulations since Jack can pretty much write his own ticket. The question that you brought up is what is between the two of them. I have absolutely no idea what it is and I have no problem admitting it. It would be nice to see what Sam thinks the delemia is. From Jacks point of view, IMO, is that he does let Sam know how he feels but there is this up and down power strugle that is boggling. Whenever Jack tells Sam what he is thinking or feeling about her she gets really confident, which is good. However, then she seems to want to run the whole relationship, in Jack's opinion. Jack wants to see her as an equal where they discuss what they want but Sam is very silent about this whole thing. SAM SPEAK UP AND DECIDE WHAT IT IS THAT YOU WANT!!!
              Well, I have to disagree just a little. I think Sam tries to say how she feels sometimes (LC) and Jack tries at other times ("I remember feelings"--can't really count that one since they had amnesia, but I'm at a loss right now). Threads is just the first time since D & C were both of them were at the same point at the same time.

I do agree that Rachel is great at explaining their relationship.
              Since the Beneath the Surface incident of 'I remember feelings' Jack has always shown his continued feelings for her through his concern when she's in trouble/dying (Entity, Grace, Death Knell), or when their missions send them separate ways (Evolution), his pride in her (New Order) and his occasional quips (like 'if only' in Gemini) and of course the flirting but he's never attempted to raise the matter and have a serious discussion with her again in my memory (apart from the always scene in Threads I'll come onto) - happy to be corrected though if I'm wrong.

It is generally Sam who makes the attempt to have the conversation about her feelings rather than Jack:
              1. Grace although admittedly this is to a hallucination of Jack.
              2. The Lost City where she attempts two discussions; one at Jack's house where they're interrupted by Daniel and Teal'c and one in the cargo ship where he stops her with 'I know'.
              3. The engagement discussion in Affinity could even be argued that although Jack asks her what's up because he knows something's going on with her, his intention was not to discuss them. Its her who chooses to show him the ring and have the personal discussion because she doesn't know how else to bring it up. I personally think that discussion is a great example of two people miscommunicating with each other in the worst way possible; Sam's motivations in bringing the subject up, I think, are rooted in trying to determine how Jack feels about her so she can make a decision about Pete's proposal with concrete knowledge rather than a vague idea that Jack may still be interested - she's providing him with an opening to talk about it although some might consider the way she does it - showing him the engagement ring - is a little brutal; Jack's motivations are coming from trying to be a good friend by getting Sam to see her articulated doubts are nothing more than excuses for what the real reason might be (that if its taking her two weeks to decide, Pete is obviously not the right guy)...yet must come across to Sam as his encouraging her to go for it...
              4. The scene in the back yard in Threads.

I think given that I understand why Sam decided to move on and why even she decided to say yes to the proposal. A girl can only live with hints for so long...with Pete she had a guy who she knew loved her and even though she didn't feel the same way about him, she 'settled' for her chance to be with someone. It was only with the realisation of what a huge commitment she would be making that she finally gets that she needs to have the conversation with Jack properly and hence the scene in Threads in his back yard.

And it is only with this messed up attempt by Sam and getting the matter raised by his girlfriend as she dumps him that Jack finally responds and tells Sam how he feels with the 'always' scene...and this is all he had to do all along to keep her.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hopalong
                Is there somewhere I can read these fics thats not ff.net. I loved A Pond With No Fish, and I'd love to read more! Unfortunately, I can't access ff.net
                Yep. The first eleven are achived on Gateworld now. Just follow the link on my signature and you should find them. The first one is Aftershocks: Not Belonging and you should be able to work the rest from the sequel titles.

EDIT: I should just warn people picking up Aftershocks for the first time that it isn't specificially S/J in the same way as A Pond With No Fish. The TAGs examine all of the team relationships and are focused more on the team dynamic than any specific relationship. Of course, being S/J inclined, I can't help but make that part of them but its not the main focus - the one for Solitudes is but that's well because let's face it, its Solitudes...
                Last edited by Rachel500; 01 August 2006, 01:12 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Welcome to all new people I've missed since my last post! This is a great thread...
                  sigpic

Comment

Just had to zoom in and post a link to a beautiful (albiet angsty) S/J vid that I found on You Tube. It's by Tricia Byrne and can be found here. Such a great song. Okay, it's four a.m. here, so I should sleep. Night (er, morning) all!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by allaboutthegate
                      Little something for everyone

Now isn't that cute
                      wow i love that pic, it has to be one of my favourites, its so cute. hi everyone,i've been lurking around the past couple of days. i haven't really had the time to post on here, but im hoping i can get on a bit more now.

sig made by Samjackshiplover
                      http://www.myspace.com/docker22

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500
                        Well I could but possibly the sequel to A Pond With No Fish (which I'll start writing once I finish Season One Aftershocks) will suffice instead?

As a spoiler for the sequel
                        Spoiler:
                        there will be a wedding

I love all your fanfic and was just amazed with A Pond With No Fish. Very believeble and the charcterizations were spot on. You are a great S/J writer

I can't wait for the sequel!

Oh and BTW the pic I posted earlier is probably from behind the scenes on ep 200. Sorry for any confusion.

Last edited by Deux Ex Machina; 01 August 2006, 03:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RoryJ
                          Just had to zoom in and post a link to a beautiful (albiet angsty) S/J vid that I found on You Tube. It's by Tricia Byrne and can be found here. Such a great song. Okay, it's four a.m. here, so I should sleep. Night (er, morning) all!
                          Oh my goodness!! It's been so long since I've seen a J/S music vid. I nearly cried! That song is so perfect though, mostly, anyway.
                          Thanks for sharing

© spud66cat @ livejournal.com

Comment

Good night ship family...good to hrea Amanda kept her #1 spot at celeeb...wish RDA had been #2 with her...maybe this month!!
                            Take care and be safe....happy posting and sweeet shippy dreams all!!
                            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                              OMA...L.A. DOYLE Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!

Lovely poem, lovely pictures

Natalia - the request form is here
                              - http://community.livejournal.com/sig_centric/783.html

just so I know what you're wanting
                              haha thanks. i'm so quick to catch on to these things...it's right there in your signature! duh.

natalia
                              My Fic: LJ & FF.net

Comment

Originally Posted by AmberLM

Here's my Beauty and the Beast one:

http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...rent=belle.flv

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
                                Amber that is a great vid I really loved it. so cute!!!
                                and now I will sing that song today and tomorrow
                                I agree that was a very nice video. Well done and so much fun to watch.

Comment

Working...
                                X