X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ses110
    You make very good points Rachel.I would just love to see
    Spoiler:
    some guest characters like Hailey Jonas or Charlie from the Retuu episode instead of Woolsey and Baal all the time.While I'm not crazy about the Ori IMO it defeats the purpose of trying to bring in Baal all the time.If the Ori are the main bad guys stick with the Ori and try to make it work with the Ori.It's like there is a power struggle going on with SciFi and Bridge as to the direction of the Show.
    I'd want Hailey or Jonas PERMANENTLY and Mitchell and Vala outta there for good before I'd go back to watching the show on a week-to-week basis. (Giving us Sam/Jack ship would do it, too, but I figure that's obvious.) As it is, I'm only going to watch eps with ship.

I was enticed into watching the last 15-20 minutes of Friday's episode, and
    Spoiler:
    BB and CB's performances were so horrid, I actually had to change the station when they were on. And I don't know what's going on with the rest, but I found the scene with Daniel and Sam falling asleep to be boring and emotionless. All I could think was, y'know, I don't CARE!
    - Mary
    SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
    Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
      Hum...I was just thinking...
      Spoiler:
      We know nothing about RDA's second appearance. Why? Is something big going to happen? Now, we know Daniel gets priorized, so he could be coming back for that reason. But I hold onto hope that he and Sam will get together, or are already together. At this point, I wouldn't mind which one. I wonder if they will begin dropping hints of what will happen in his second ep. They let a bomb drop with the whole Daniel's a prior thing. I'm just very curious to see what RDA will be doing in his second ep. And it better be something good.
      I have to admit
      Spoiler:
      I hope he does come back to help Daniel...I love their relationship, and I think it has been neglected a bit over the years. I think Jack would come back to help Daniel, without a second thought, and I really hope TPTB are bringing him back for that. I also hope there will be ship. Proper ship. I would really have liked Jack to be in the last ep, especially if it's the last one ever, but alas that appears not to be the case.

Comment

Originally posted by ccdsah
        @ Sarc Of course Sam deserves Jack.
        Spoiler:
        She didn't try to kiss Martouf
        It was Jolinar and IMHO she stopped just before Kvasir intervened on her own looking guilty and relieved.
        I disagree. As Sam has said in the past, Jolinar's "remains" - for lack of a better description - can't and don't control Sam. I still can't explain why she did it, but it was allllllll her, I'm afraid.
        - Mary
        SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
        Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
          I have to admit
          Spoiler:
          I hope he does come back to help Daniel...I love their relationship, and I think it has been neglected a bit over the years. I think Jack would come back to help Daniel, without a second thought, and I really hope TPTB are bringing him back for that. I also hope there will be ship. Proper ship. I would really have liked Jack to be in the last ep, especially if it's the last one ever, but alas that appears not to be the case.
          I agree.
          Spoiler:
          But there is hope. Certainly they haven't finished the last ep yet. If they are unsure, at least give us something like they did with Moebius and no cliffhangers please. I know RDA would come back for that. I think it's TPTB that have issues when it comes to using RDA. The last ep should definitely be like a two hour epic, with some action, some ROMANCE, and some RDA. A mini movie if you will. I don't want a wimpy ending for this show.

Comment

Hmm, I liked WX. I think, every 100 episodes or so, the writers and cast should be allowed to do something that entertains them by making fun of themselves and bringing up some inside jokes. They've earned it.

Aside from that, I'm just checking in as a long-time S/J shipper. I'm usually only active in the SGA side of this forum, but I've recently been going through a marathon of all eight seasons on DVD with my mom, ! Needless to say, it's taking us a while, but as I've been watching, I've realized how much I used to love S/J. Then I got discouraged because RDA left and I couldn't follow the show anymore due to the Scifi channel going digital (jerks). Now I'm back in full S/J mode and I decided to post, finally, in the shipper thread.

I still believe in S/J, even though time certainly has tested me. I'm really optimistic about RDA's appearances as well. Oh, and BTW, I read that fic that you posted, Gatetrixer, that was written by Nanda. It was very beautiful and very in character to me. Thank you for the rec!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RoryJ
              Hmm, I liked WX. I think, every 100 episodes or so, the writers and cast should be allowed to do something that entertains them by making fun of themselves and bringing up some inside jokes. They've earned it.

Aside from that, I'm just checking in as a long-time S/J shipper. I'm usually only active in the SGA side of this forum, but I've recently been going through a marathon of all eight seasons on DVD with my mom, ! Needless to say, it's taking us a while, but as I've been watching, I've realized how much I used to love S/J. Then I got discouraged because RDA left and I couldn't follow the show anymore due to the Scifi channel going digital (jerks). Now I'm back in full S/J mode and I decided to post, finally, in the shipper thread.

I still believe in S/J, even though time certainly has tested me. I'm really optimistic about RDA's appearances as well. Oh, and BTW, I read that fic that you posted, Gatetrixer, that was written by Nanda. It was very beautiful and very in character to me. Thank you for the rec!
              yup, i'm with you on this (about ep 200). and i read that fic a while ago. i shall have to do it again an refresh my memory, but i remember liking it. and i like your sig quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                Acc. to RDAnderson.com and straight from RDA's mouth to the webmaster RDA has finished filming(in June) all his SG appearances. So , my conjecture here,when would be the second SG-1 appearance and how extensive could it be? Makes me wonder.

No talks with him about future appearances, though open to the possibility. But would assess this against his present life. (not sure if this openness sounds that high but that's just MO)

Also said he wasn't going to go to the Pasadena doings at first, but then did go (with his daughter).

He will be
                Spoiler:
                swimming in the SGA 2 parter.

Think someone directed people to this info before, but thought I'd post a bit of it.
                If they already have the scripts for the second half of the season written (and I believe they do), then he could have filmed his second SG-1 appearance while he was in Vancouver. They often film scenes out of sequence, so that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

Comment

Hey, RoryJ! Welcome to the thread! I liked Wormhole Extreme too. I agree that it's nice to take time every once in awhile to do a whimsical episode. I also liked The Other Guys, another ep that many fans hate.

As to The Ship, I'm not quite as optimistic as I was earlier in the spring, but I'm doing my best to remain that way. Please join us often and post lots! And be sure to be here for Ship Day, July 28th! Regardless of what's going on, we'll celebrate Sam and Jack then!!!

Comment

I think there is plenty of time to do the fun episodes.The Other Guys is a perfect example.I just think the 100th and 200th should be extra special and should be made for the Fans.I would rather have an episode like Lost City or the Fifth Race as a 100th or 200th episode instead of WormWhole X-treme.IMO the 100th and 200th are a rare chance to show everyone what SG-1 is all about.

Comment

Welcome to the Family

I'm looking forward to 200 as well. Having seen the interviews with the cast that LOL4JACK posted the links for a few pages ago, I'm really excited to see what they have done with it. And best of all, it's gonna have RDA.
                      I've been watching my DVD's a lot too just recently. Just skipping from ep to ep and season to season, picking out my favourite eps or ones that I haven't seen for ages. Even just random eps. It's been fantastic because in the vast majority of eps there is something shippy.

It was great reading Rachel500's run down All those shippy reminders

That's what makes this place so great!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jafacakes
                        Don't know if anyone has answered you or not, but if you can't find them in OZ I can send you some from the UK, they are simply delicious
                        (and very light )
                        You could try but know that sending food to Australia is very difficult! They almost took the Belgian chocolate I had with me FCOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove
                          You could try but know that sending food to Australia is very difficult! They almost took the Belgian chocolate I had with me FCOL!
                          Still in Australia? That's a long vacation, Liz! Hope you are having fun!

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                            You make very good points Rachel.I would just love to see
                            Spoiler:
                            some guest characters like Hailey Jonas or Charlie from the Retuu episode instead of Woolsey and Baal all the time.While I'm not crazy about the Ori IMO it defeats the purpose of trying to bring in Baal all the time.If the Ori are the main bad guys stick with the Ori and try to make it work with the Ori.It's like there is a power struggle going on with SciFi and Bridge as to the direction of the Show.
                            Spoiler:
                            Why we don't see any of them? Because for them the issue is done. We don't need them. Baal is one of the last Goa'uld and in their eyes very important. I dissagreee because it's plain annoying the guy still exist. At least they could have kept Anubis that long. He was more entertaining!

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove
                              BUt lizlove what did you do in that chocolat and well off course they wanted that chocolat (they wanted it for their own, it is just tooooo good)

Ok on another more shippy note... When is ship day??? I am getting impatiant!!!! Oh I so hope my music vid will be finished in time.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
                                BUt lizlove what did you do in that chocolat and well off course they wanted that chocolat (they wanted it for their own, it is just tooooo good)

Ok on another more shippy note... When is ship day??? I am getting impatiant!!!! Oh I so hope my music vid will be finished in time.
                                It's Friday and I still have lots to do!

Comment

Working...
                                X