This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some random omen post...
    I was walking in Sydney when I saw that really cute little girl. She had Sam's blond, curly hair and Jack's deep chocolate brown eyes. That must be good right?

And if some of you remember I said I was working on my ending of Threads? Well today my muse got me working. I have all the thing typed up in my mind so you may get it for Ship Day but we'll see
    But I still had a question.
    Spoiler:
    Should I begin it from when Pete left or from when Sam's dad passed away?

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
      Ah, yes, Lionel. As I said before, I can only watch the youtube videos, and even those aren't smooth, but Lionel's voice came out great. So thanks, and my teeth are okay yet.
      LOL! That song's a blast from the past! I think I was about 11 or 12??

I finally got around to watching the vid, and although I cringed a little at the song - it's just a little too sappy for me , I thought the editing of the vid and the clip choice was brilliant. So I enjoyed it afterall
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
        For those of you who wanted to hear the Beatles song, try again in a few hours-- so many of you visited, I ran over my download allowance for the day.

ship sistah
        I love the beatle song and now I am making a vid for it. I just hope it will be finished in time for ship day... I am so looking forward to ship day

Comment

Originally posted by Elrok
          hi!

im really missing out... about 6 months ago we (me in australia) finished s8! I LOVED THE ENDING>>>

anyway we only started to get s9 and have only seen Avalon parts 1 & 2...

in a bit behind but i love the goss!

WELCOME ELROK

it is nice to join us as for the ending of season 8, moeibidus: yeah that was great but again not real

Comment

Originally posted by stargate-princess
            Hey guys…might be a lil late, but could I possibly be added to the medal of patience list??
            Sorry princess, I thought I'd already posted yours. You were on one of lists I have and I made your medal on Thursday!

((((stargate-princess))))
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
              I was wondering if he was being brought in because of his movie experience. Making, wiriting, funding and producing a movie is a lot different to a tv show - no matter how big budget and long running the show.
              I think that's it in a nutshell - movies and television are not the same thing. Takes a lot of experience I should think.
              sigpic

Comment

LOL! That song's a blast from the past! I think I was about 11 or 12??

I finally got around to watching the vid, and although I cringed a little at the song - it's just a little too sappy for me , I thought the editing of the vid and the clip choice was brilliant. So I enjoyed it afterall
                An eleven or twelve year old girl sounds like the right age for sappy lyrics!! Were you different? But honestly, most of the lyrics that are used in some fics (I scroll thru 'em usually) are sentimental (extra-nice word for sappy). You might say, and I'm sure the anti-shippers say it, that this whole thread is based on sappiness and/or sentimentality. Okay, by me.

Comment

Here's the site for the synopsis for "Morpheous":http://www.scifi.com/stargate/episodes/season10/1002/
                  sigpic

Comment

(pure speculation ahead - so ignore me completely if you like )

I would much rather see the movie being a continuation of SG-1, with RDA & the current cast.

However, they are talking about cinema movies here, not direct to TV movies. There are going to be a heck of a lot more people going to watch a cinema movie than will have watched all of SG-1 (or even just S10 of SG-1), and they have to be able to understand what's going on.

That doesn't rule out our cast, or our ship. Just that the plot would need be a self-contained one in the movie rather than being a direct continuation of the series - rather like the standalone eps we get. There can also be references that die hard fans (such as ourselves ) would understand.

On a slightly different note, having read that there are discussions between MGM and BW/RCC, I'm wondering why the original director has been approached. Was it just to ask his opinon because it was his original concept, or is there more to it? Would he be a part of a movie with BW/RCC??

The only thing to me that wouldn't make sense is if the new movie was just based on the original one with the movie cast and with no account taken of the series. That I can't see working.
                    I, for one, will not go to the box office for this one if it doesn't involve "our" SG1. Devlin can work with BW and RCC since he created the original, but it really isn't his "story" any more. The movie could still be a sequel to the original, but RDA and MS should play Jack and Daniel. It should be set eleven or twelve years after the original, and the ten seasons of SG1 should be elluded to briefly for the sake of new fans. AT, CJ, BB, and CB should be there as well. The movie would probably bring more fans to SG1. I wasn't an X Files fan until a few months before the movie came out. I watched the series to prepare for the movie (and got hooked).

As for it needing to be a stand alone, didn't BW hint that he was saving the big "Stargate reveal to the public" for the movie? I know part of my problem with this whole Devlin thing is that my heart is set on a major motion picture wedding for Jack and Sam. I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up for that. I knew better, but still...

Comment

Both RDA and AT could do with votes at Celeeb. RDA lost his second spot and AT needs as many votes as she can get to keep first place.

http://www.celeeb.com/amanda-tapping/

http://www.celeeb.com/richard-dean-anderson/

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

An eleven or twelve year old girl sounds like the right age for sappy lyrics!! Were you different? But honestly, most of the lyrics that are used in some fics (I scroll thru 'em usually) are sentimental (extra-nice word for sappy). You might say, and I'm sure the anti-shippers say it, that this whole thread is based on sappiness and/or sentimentality. Okay, by me.
                        LOL! Yeah, I know it's true! What can I say? It's one of dichtomies of life And when I was 11 or 12 I loved the song It was one of my favourite songs, and only got knocked off the top spot by Madonna's Crazy for You (when I was about 14)

I can't believe I just admitted that! Don't tell anyone, please!

I love Sam & Jack because the ship is low key. But then I love Bones because it's so shippily overt.

I'm a fickle woman. What can I say?
                        sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                          Last nights show "Morpheus" was rough around the edges. Sam really showed that she could take control of the team initially but got caught up in her usual deliberation about what to do next. When the scenes changed and the team was in trouble there seemed to be complete chaos while people were droping off like flies. While Cater and Danele where keeping each other awake it still took teal'c with his off world marine like training to pull the whole team out. Cam did help but once again teal'c doesn't get the justice or credit that he deserves. Cam takes the charge of the team at the end and teal'c has his look of "silly humans" once again.
                          There are Brave Pilots. There are old Pilots. But there are no brave, old Pilots.

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                            Here's the site for the synopsis for "Morpheous":http://www.scifi.com/stargate/episodes/season10/1002/

Another
                            Spoiler:
                            plague? I could use some of that particular kind of plague sometimes, well, except when I watched
                            S9!

Comment

Sorry princess, I thought I'd already posted yours. You were on one of lists I have and I made your medal on Thursday!

((((stargate-princess))))

And thank you for mine.

Comment

And thank you for mine.
                                Thusday was a much better night with the 5 min of time of the previews but i was expecting much more out of friday's episode. it seems that the team is stuck in a rut. I'll keep watching cause I lovem so much but thursday's previous lead me to believe that there was going to be something more. The whole thing seemed flat except when teal'c steped in an pulled off some crazy maneuvers.
                                There are Brave Pilots. There are old Pilots. But there are no brave, old Pilots.

Comment

Working...
                                X